Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTP Champions League - food for thought

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, the Island thing is a long shot- for sure. Just thinking that an invitation should be placed anyhow...you never know. You could even plan the tourney around their attendance, and have a team shown as an "alternate", just in case the Island pulls out right before hand. The alternate would be a wild card, say, the 5th highest ranking team (combined from both sides of the VMSL Premier divisions) at the end of this season.

The leagues would never approve, but that said, why would the organizers need it?

The money shouldn't be a problem- just ask Fat Monkey for a personal donation.;)

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Champions league

Great idea! Maybe a back door qualifying game between the top VMSL and FVSl Div 1 teams?

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is a novel idea, if you live in la la land. I personally think we play too much already. Training twice a week and playing once on the weekends is plenty. Plus, who in their right mind wants to travel to Burnaby or even worse Surrey on a Wed. night.

JTL

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Update

What about referees?
I'm sure something could be worked out with the ref associations and we would go through them and BC Soccer to make sure everything was done right in this regard. Referee fees would be payable by the teams involved or if enough sponsorship money was raised, could be covered by them.
Intial response from the Referee Association has been positive. They support the idea and have indicated they might use it as a "training" grounds for A-league officials. Costs for 3 officials per game would run in the $100-$120 range.

I'll post follow-ups at a later date.

JTL,

That is a good point but this is something that could replace training during that week. If that is too much for you, perhaps it is time to think about playing at a lower level? (I'll leave the FVSL piss-take alone :D) Judging by the standings and recent results of your squad, I don't think you have anything to worry about anyways :D

Dude,

The Island angle just wouldn't work. Players from there would have to take off time from work. Even if travel costs could be covered, I think this is a deal-killer in itself.

As for TV... one step at a time. One of the goals is to make it an event to attend. Having games telecast defeats this purpose. Plus, there is no reason why we couldn't do up weekly "hilite" videos to be streamed weekly on TTP or wherever. If the project turns out to be a success the first year then perhaps it could become something the local stations (shaw) would be interested in. This may attract additional sponsors as well.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you trying to get this off the ground and going for this year or next?

I'm assuming entry into the tournament would be based on the previous years standings.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Starting next Fall/Winter. The whole thing would need to be completed before league cup play begins in the respective leagues I think thus there is no time for this year.

~Regs.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shite attitude

Originally posted by Jack The Lad
It is a novel idea, if you live in la la land. I personally think we play too much already. Training twice a week and playing once on the weekends is plenty. Plus, who in their right mind wants to travel to Burnaby or even worse Surrey on a Wed. night.

JTL
thats why you & your team will never go anywhere ;)

ITS ALL ABOUT THE KIDS:D :wa:

sid

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kinda I suppose... there is a thread in the FVSL forums (VMSL vs FVSL) that Ghouse has been getting something going and there seems to be a bit of momentum...

Jinky or Fastshow have more info I think.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky and Fastshow, they are married and living in the west end now, right.

Great couple, go for pints with those boys and they will have you on the floor for hours.

Great idea Regs, get Ghouse to put up the money and you can do the promotions.

hos

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I asked the guys to move our discussions from FVSL vs VMSL thread to this thread to keep us all on the same page so to speek ,hope you dont mind.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will be posting here a meeting time and location for all to meet. I have alot on my plate right now as we play a friendly tonight at Gates Turf vs Poco Premier and Beckham tomorrow practice Thursday,,I will though find a spot for early next week..It wont be perfect for everyone but PLEASE make the effort to make it out. I will make it Near the HWY and most likely in Burnaby as we need to be central for all parties involved. 7pm is just after rush hour. So let me figuar it out and Ill post it here ASAP. Mean while Good luck this weekend all and keep the ideas flowin.

bigbag

Oct 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
poco city would be in

make it seeded based on your last season and have at 'er but..........

There will remain an issue unless an agreement is reached with the respective leagues. Neither the VMSL or FVSL allow players to play in other sanctioned leagues/Cups while playing in theirs.

and by the way, I am in no way endorsing this project on behalf of the FVSL, only Poco City.
:cool:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who governs what in this province?

BC Soccer Association or FVSL/VMSL?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet