Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTP Champions League - food for thought

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know what?
My oldest goes four times a week, my youngest three.
One's 10, one's 8.
They never bitch and whine about the weather and are committed like fcuk.
Why?
Because they're not pussies...;)

You do realize that making fitba a summer sport will now conflict with lacrosse and baseball eh?
Last time I checked, EXTREMELY popular sports here in Canada...
And yes, both my boys play ball.
Damn fcuking good at it actually.
The genes and all. :D

Winter's where it's at for our sport.

And, now that I've moved to paradise, Langley to the rest of you, funny how none of the parents we deal with in our club complain about academy fees, trips, etc.
Get out of the ghetto Dude - I did. :p

Ghouse:
Quick shout out to say people like you get shite done.
Keep up the good work.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger, moving you to Langley has turned you into a pompous ass. Welcome to the club. ;) See, I live on the Langley side, but whore it up at Surrey United. Come on over; we can share a Bordeaux, have some laughs.

The weather isn't the issue so much as how they feel. We have NO issue w/ the kids, because we get them running 30 minutes before, and moving around when they are benched. Our kids DESTROY other teams because they are prepared.

Point is, they are doing this once, maybe twice a month this time of the year.

Playing in the spring, summer, and early fall will allow the kids more light, and better surfaces, and more PT. It will allow for the best possible conditions to train in, and more time to do it. They need a good surface, especially at the U-6-U10 level, not a fcuking gym.

And, side benefit, it allows the tougher and more skilled athletes to cross over during the summer. You know Ranger- hockey players. This way they don't have to play that girls blouse sport baseball.

Side benefit is that I could keep coaching, because Mini Dude wouldn't have to choose. I love the game, but love my kid more. At the end of the day, as much as I will really miss coaching the boys, MY boy is priority #1. The main reason I do this is to spend my time w/ him. So, on the days he doesn't play hockey next year, we'll be two-planking it at Mount Baker.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pompous ass?
Moi?
Au contraire mon ami. ;)
I actually prefer a inexpensive, robust South Australian Shiraz actually...
But I'm up for some laughs, like 90% of my post except my kudos to Ghouse - That was genuine. :)

It's only BC that will be in a conflict, it already is in the rest of the nation.
You'd be surprised though that fitba in the country is becoming year round anyway.
East of the rockies they are building winter premises that have winter leagues that will rival their summer 'real' leagues anyhow.
We will I'm sure start having more competitive summer leagues as well.

I personally prefer winter as it ties into the European season.

The hockey players switching over is a good comment actually.
Peter Zezel away...

The sooner we get a stadium here to bring in bigger games is when you'll see more kids playing the sport regardless of season.

Back to the TTP/Dressel league.

RF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J'adore a manger le gateaux chocolat.

For us guys over 18- or over 45, in your case- winter is fine. But this isn't about us, is it Ranger? Is it?

Agree on the stadium...could / would / should may never be a HUGE boost to the game here, and by extension, the rest of the country.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed to all you say Johnny but I want to add that it does not matter why we have the kids in the first place what matters is we have them and then they leave when they start to get more ,how should I put this,,right about when they go through puberty and become stronger, faster almost men. That is the time they leave soccer. Thats when the numbers drop. And because its not as fun to them any more. So Im told. But my post earlyer is about men and how we love the game yet our numbers drop too over winter as it becomes less fun due to the cold and rain. That is why this Cup is needed in my opinion as it will attract more of us out to play when its not so nice out and give us that fun we search for dureing the rainy cold nights we normally practice or are supposed to practice but are not due to the weather. More games = more fun.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys I am not complaining here about the winter to just make things clear,,We would never change the time of our sport. I am only saying WHY I feel this cup is needed.
Again to add more fun dureing the cold rainy times when it is harder to keep us excited about our game and to keep us fit.
More games= more fun

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, we got off on a huge tangeant.

I'm sure a bunch of the older FVSLers can remember, back in "the day" we always had two Cup- The President's and the Pakenham. I think everyone competed in the Pakenham, and only div. 1 and down in the President's. On top of that, the top four from each division would qualify for a year end playoff. So, every team did have a bunch more games, and it was more fun. A Cup around Thanksgiving, and another in the early spring.

Now, we only have one Cup each, and no year end "playoff". Yet, we have more fields, and presumably more times available due to the number of lit turf facilities.

I know scheduling is a bitch, so I can understand why the individual leagues have limited the Cups. But this is independant, and would fill that void y putting a larger onus on the teams to provide field times.

Big supporter here, even though by the time it happens I'm hoping to be playing masters.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
by the time it happens I'm hoping to be playing masters.

Hoping? I'm pretty sure if you can move around without a walker they will take you in Masters.

Great work Ghouse and the others involved. As has been mentioned several times, we need more games to keep people interested. Once or twice a month just doesn't cut it. And I know the summer/winter topic has been talked about extensively here and other places but, for my two cents, I agree with those who wish for the league to play in the summer. It makes sense on so many levels. Alas, along with Dude's unrequited wish for Dude/Ranger manlove, it will likely never happen.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger man love? I think not. What is the fun in competition if you're sleeping with the enemy?

Besides, I still have 15 months and 12 days before I'm eligible. So, I think next year, I may take a sabatical, and try to weasle my way in to or plan a Boca Asses tour. Now THAT is Masters football. :D

You're old and have mountains of disposable income to waste (no mortage and all). Why don't you and your bleached blond fabio mane join me in Argentina? 2 down, about 20 to go. Plus a manager.

Taking applications. Manager travels free.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm in. Don't tell the girlfriend though. I'll just say I'm going out to play soccer, then come back three weeks later. Perfect plan.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger man love? I think not. What is the fun in competition if you're sleeping with the enemy?

Besides, I still have 15 months and 12 days before I'm eligible. So, I think next year, I may take a sabatical, and try to weasle my way in to or plan a Boca Asses tour. Now THAT is Masters football. :D

You're old and have mountains of disposable income to waste (no mortage and all). Why don't you and your bleached blond fabio mane join me in Argentina? 2 down, about 20 to go. Plus a manager.

Taking applications. Manager travels free.

I'm in.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Monday at 7pm Pub at 8rinks and yes Im still buying. Monday November 19th.
Guys ,,this is it so we make it or break it Monday night.
Please come help out.
Ideas,contacts,your time. What ever you have to offer will be greatly appretiated. (ya im a poor speller).
We need VMSL guys. Richmond,Burnaby welcome as well as we would like to have a true Vancouver Cup.
But due to our biggest hurdle,VMSL we need you.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rich,

I had planned on stopping by, but I've had a personal thing that came up this evening that will require me in Langley at around the same time.

Do me a favor and copy me in on the minutes, and if Suburbanator isn't able to attend, I'll sit down w/ him to discuss w/ regards to LUFC's participation. I know you'll have support from at least the Langley div. 1 teams, and likely Premier, as LFC's biggest beef come Provincial time is that his players have too easy a time playing FVSL Premier, and aren't prepared when the pace and competitive ramps up when they face a VMSL squad.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jees...is anyone going to be there? Besides Rich, that is? Trust me, I REALLY have to get this personal issue taken care of.

Blaze- if copied in on the minutes, how much pull do you have w/ Randy Samuel and Crafty Cockney, so far as getting their support behind this on the VMSL side?

Big Bag: are you able to make it as a representative of your club?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its now just Monday Night Football at the 8-rinks, with a good bull-shitt session on how great a Champions League would be.

Rich, I wish you the best of luck, because it is a great idea for local soccer, but you really have to just take the bull by the horns and send the invitation out to the top teams once you have organized all the details for this tourny.

hos

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0