Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2003/2004

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, why not try visiting other websites like as Sportsnet.ca, TSN.ca, or Canucks.com, instead of asking such stupid fcuking questions. Internet is larger than just TTP. Surprise, surprise, hail, hail, and go fcuk yourself.

Keeper, how do you manage to clean that brown stuff off of your nose everyday. Yes, I should visit those web sites. I would be a better person for it, I'm sure. Can't you just fcuking quit being a self-righteous, pompous, German cnut for a day? Please do everyone a favor, and take a day off.

Gentlemen,

Forget the media for now. It was a bad decision and it should be punished. Simple as that.

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NO2 said:
What Bert did was wrong, he knows it, everyone knows it. But for you so called canuck fans to come on here calling him names, slagging him, is disgusting to me. There was no intent to injure. You gotta support your guys, no matter what they've done.

Fcuking Chumps, move to toronto.

No2

13 + 2 playoff games....

I without a doubt see both sides to a tragic story but what some of you propaganda brainwashed cnuts need to realize is; it was a very, very unfortunate accident! If Steve Moore had gotten up from that blind sided blow would the whole world be in out rage? I think not! In my opinion Moore’s hit on MARKUS NASLUND last week was no different from the Bertuzzi hit this week. What dose separate the two is the 700lbs that fell on Moore. If Naslund had of stayed down would be having a similar conversation regarding a few different players? Probably…. Dude you’re a joke I hope come play offs you stay right the **** off the Nucks bandwagon!

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
just wondering what people thought of granato telling his team to stay out of the fighting?

IMO, if instead of trying to stop the fighting, the game turned into the ottawa v philly game, i don't think it would have come to this, everything would have been one v one, and face to face...just a thought

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's what I find a joke: a bunch of mindless idiots who "support their guy", no matter what. It's as if just because he's a Canuck, he is to be excused for his actions by you dolts, no matter what. Jock, the fact that you actually think both hits are comparable, and on the same level, tells us a whole bunch about your thought process. You have blind faith in the Canucks. You're the kind of guy who'd hold up a "Kobe is Innocent" sign outside the courtroom of his rape trial.

I don't have to prove how big a Nucks fan, or hockey fan, I am. That said, at least I can recognize this incident for what it really is. I don't think that just because he's a Canuck that he should be excused. You obviously do. Also, just because I find what he did as sickening, and think the rest of this season and playoffs are more than justified punishment, that doesn't mean I've jumped off the bandwagon. I'll be there cheering them on as much as anyone. I'll also be angry at Bert because he's arguably their best player, and he won't be there.

I will say this: his apology yesterday was exactly what I think he should have done a day earlier, but nonetheless, good for him. Obviously the apology to Moore, his family, the team, and fans was heartfelt and sincere. Finally, we get to see that this guy maybe isn't just a selfish prick. I felt a twinge of sympathy for him, and for me, his apology will go a long way towards my forgiving him as a fan. Ultimately, the only people that need to forgive him are Steve Moore and Bert's Vancouver teammates, and hopefully that happens for him.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bert gets the rest of the season off plus the extent of the playoffs; the League has an option to extend his suspension into next season over the summer. I guess Tearful Todd didn't move enough people with his apology last night.

Has he been "made an example of?" Definitely. Will this stop our National Obsession's slide towards outright barbarism, as Ballbaby claims we're looking at? Naaah. Who do you think is buying Don Cherry's videos?

Does Todd "deserve" what he's getting? Good question. Depending on one's perspective, it can be argued that the suspension is more severe than the incident deserves, in context of other such incidents. Keep in mind, though, that this is Bert's third suspension, so people start to presuppose your behaviour when you do stupid things like this. Time for offence #1 = bad boy. Time for offence #2 = worse boy.

Was this premeditated behaviour on Todd's part? Definitely. He was out to "get" Moore. Not necessarily in the way that he did, but his intent was to get even for Nazzy. How he did it definitely shows that he wasn't thinking.

Bert is not exactly what you'd call a complicated guy. His emotions are definitely very close to the surface. He'll never be mistaken for a brain surgeon, either. Was Burke trying to do damage control by keeping him from speaking until last night? Definitely. I think that Tearful Todd was the genuine article, though. Despite the "I don't play the game that way" quote that sticks in your craw, I think he honestly believes what he said (or was told to say) is the truth. If there was half a brain in his head, and he watched his own game clips once in a while, do you think his fool's paradise would be over? Maybe; maybe not. Personally I don't think the man's much of a chess player, and he'd probably be a shite poker player too.

Hopefully for Todd's sake, the CBA gets straightened out. I'd hate to see what would happen to the Loose Moose without any hockey for a year or two.

On a slightly more positive note Ruczinsky looked good last night. He's definitely a smart enough player to pick things up quickly - the announcers on TSN were claiming that he hadn't even had a chance to practice with the team. He fits in well offensively with Naslund and Morrison.

beers,

stew:cool:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Power Play

I haven't seen the Canucks PP tonight. Did they have one in the first? Turned it on late. Anyhow , it's obvious they are going to miss 44 in front of the net. When he decided to actually go there. :rolleyes: So why not stick the next biggest guy there. Brookbank. He has shown, with those two goals he scored a few weeks ago, that he has decent hands. Worth a shot. Could work. Edmonton does it with Laraque. Anyone got Crawfords e-mail address?

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks just don't look the same without Bert..................just as I type Ruchinski scores! Anyone heard about Jovo? I know he's practicing.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a cheer from the crowd at Rexall for Morrison's goal.

There might be more Canuck fans in Edmonton than Vancouver right now.

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
What a cheer from the crowd at Rexall for Morrison's goal.

There might be more Canuck fans in Edmonton than Vancouver right now.

I know there is more Leafs Fans in Vancouver!!!

Francis, Leetch, Sundin.......The Cup is ours! :wa: ;)

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What kind of net do you fill Leaf fan?

I'm guessing it's a hair net.

Get back to the deep fryer Shakespeare.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the Leafs win the cup I will do my own TTP version of the Golden Palace SuperBowl streaker at the Provincial finals. The average age of the leafs is like 49. Your goalie has a bad back and your defense has more holes in it than Swiss Cheese. NO and i mean No way are the leafs winning the cup.

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
What kind of net do you fill Leaf fan?

I'm guessing it's a hair net.

Get back to the deep fryer Shakespeare.

Playoff experience....the leafs have it.....Canucks have ruttu...enough said......hey cloutier watch out for the puck from center! ;)

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
If the Leafs win the cup I will do my own TTP version of the Golden Palace SuperBowl streaker at the Provincial finals. The average age of the leafs is like 49. Your goalie has a bad back and your defense has more holes in it than Swiss Cheese. NO and i mean No way are the leafs winning the cup.

Holes........there is a huge one between cloutiers legs....i think sopel got to him......if he is not letting in pucks...he is letting in Sopel :p

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not saying the Canucks are going anywhere,being a Canucks fan, but do you actually beleive the Leafs will get past the likes of the Sens/Devils/Flyers?
Keep dreaming you fcuking eastern loving anal mulching-wanna-hump Domi pile of eastern shite/everyone loves Toronto/we're bigger than life itself/plus we can't support our BlueJays and we rely on the rest of Canada to do it for us and then take the credit. Go blow yourself.................I heard you already had the two lower ribs removed so it makes it easier.

Take David Pratt with you PLEASE!!!!! (and the rest of the Vcr media)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0