Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2003/2004

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can the nucks get out of the first round of the playoffs? Right now I would say No they can't.As I've stated in earlier posts I have a hard time wasting a night watching the Nucks play this year and it's because of several reasons. One being they need more character out there,they need players willing to say or do almost anything to get under opposing teams skin and No I don't mean cheap shots from behind(Bertuzzi).They need to go back to being known for toughness,a (Gino) type player here and there.Is Crawford tough enough on these guys? I want to see a stick,water bottle or a bench thrown on the ice at appropriate times. Trevor Linden is a guy that I would still pay to watch on this team not because of size,talent or even toughness but he wears his heart on his sleave and remember his face in 94 all the cuts and bruises that's what I want to see. Problem is the rest of the team don't get it.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Turco Suspended four games

tsn.ca

Dallas Stars goaltender Marty Turco has been suspended four games for his stick infraction in Wednesday night's game against the Edmonton Oilers.

Turco forfeits $195,121.96 US in salary based on the fact he's a repeated offender. He was banned one game last season for a high stick on Colorado Avalanche centre Peter Forsberg.

Turco willl sit out Saturday at Vancouver, Sunday at San Jose, next Wednesday at home against the Oilers and April 2 at Minnesota, returning for the club's last regular-season game April 4 at home against Chicago.

In the first period, Turco struck Ryan Smyth in the mouth , earning him a double-minor high sticking penalty. Smyth was bleeding from the cut and sent to the dressing room for repairs.

''I didn't hit Smytty in the face on purpose,'' Turco said following the game. ''It was an accident. That's all I'm going to say about that.''

Veteran backup Ron Tugnutt is expected to handle the load while Turco is out.
This should help the Canucks a little Saturday night.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
Can the nucks get out of the first round of the playoffs? Right now I would say No they can't.As I've stated in earlier posts I have a hard time wasting a night watching the Nucks play this year and it's because of several reasons. One being they need more character out there,they need players willing to say or do almost anything to get under opposing teams skin and No I don't mean cheap shots from behind(Bertuzzi).They need to go back to being known for toughness,a (Gino) type player here and there.Is Crawford tough enough on these guys? I want to see a stick,water bottle or a bench thrown on the ice at appropriate times. Trevor Linden is a guy that I would still pay to watch on this team not because of size,talent or even toughness but he wears his heart on his sleave and remember his face in 94 all the cuts and bruises that's what I want to see. Problem is the rest of the team don't get it.

Well gramps we are not in the year 1994, and if Linden is the only canuck you will pay to see then I feel for ya. Im sure many people bought a ticket during those 14 games where Linden was supposed to get a medial assist or goal to surpass the all time leading point getter in canucks history. Over a month and nothing, by the time ol hands of stone finally did get an ASSIST no one cared. I guess you are not a fan of Rhuttu and and now famous devil tongue he fearlessly taunts opponents with, or cook, ohlund, or jovonovskis and their huge hits.Guess you close your eyes when May rolls up his sleeves at center and takes on ANYONE in the league, or taunts a goalie after he scores on him. You dont think the coaching staff on any team gets angered enough to toss the odd piece of equipment on the ice, im sure they all do. The problem is, the pussies up top in the nhl hand out fines to anyone for everething. They want to turn the NHL into the ice capades. The days of character players is gone. Wake up, the NHL is way to competitive, the character players have gone the way of the dodo. It's no longer a Canadian game; 6-10 teams with north american players with no teeth playing because of the love for it. This is now an international business.
1-Business
2-Profession
3-Sport
4-Game

I do agree with you that its not worth the money anymore, at all. I won't go see a game for awhile.

I think a big part of your anger is coming from alot of the players underachieving, whether they are unlucky or suffering from a lack of intensity and passion, I don't know.

Nucks arent the same without BERT.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LucVanLierde said:
Nucks arent the same without BERT.
Great points my eldest grandson Luc,you've proved the family wrong in thinking this little hairy fcuked up nipple sucking wanker that used to drool and touch himself at every oportunity actually turned out okay. In saying that the Nucks arent the same without BERT tells me that ONE player can completely change an entire outlook on a suppose to be contender team,That's Shocking! I'm gonna stick to Maple Ridge lawn bowling as when you get to be my age Luc you don't particularily enjoy hopping in the loser cruiser with other old timers drive downtown spend enough hard earned cash to keep some of these NHL players that don't deserve the time of day rich. Good talking to ya Luc say hi to the rest of the family that never come out to see my old cranky ass I'll be sure to put ya in the will ya little faggot. :eek:

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grandpa Girth,
Don't get so crankee, u old retarded queer tub a shite. Damn. I saw the canucks slumping since the allstar break, nevermind this since Berts suspension stuff. He is our most valuable player, thats all.

Whats this I hear abour Naslund Hyper Extending his elbow, a direct cause of a steve moore hit. Im sure bert knew about that.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Much improvement over the last couple of games has the boys fighting for the Division title again!!! This is a big testiment to their character and resolve... Nazzy bounced back last night and it appears like the Rucinsky deal and more importantly the Sanderson deal have become a boost...
The playoffs are a different brand of hockey, so hopefully we'll get through the clutch and grabbing with our speed game???

GO CANAUCKS GO!!!

Guinnessdrivingthebandwagonbusagainthisseason... ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you were driving the bandwagon bus you'd post more than once every 2 weeks, muppet!

:D

~Regs.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Regs "the move" Administrator

Regs you're an asshole!!!
My bird left me and took the bloody computer... Sorry if I'm busy at work and can't post very often... :rolleyes:

As you were.
~Regs.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great win for the Canucks against one of the worst clutch and grab teams I have ever seen. What a joke! Anaheim would have lost badly if they weren't allowed to interfere like they did. Canucks work ethic was fantastic tonight and they worked through some ugly neutral zone tactics.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby said:
Canucks work ethic was fantastic tonight and they worked through some ugly neutral zone tactics.
It's too bad I blinked at the time of this actually happening...the winning goal that is :)

Joma007

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big win last night but the oilers are gonna be hungry today. They need the win more than us to stay alive for the playoff.

The canucks have adopted a new defensive style of hockey. The system has realy worked for them. They need it to advance in the playoffs. Markus has played better of recent since he has been moved back to the left wing. The experiment of trying on the right wing with rucinsky was a bust cause rucinskly does not know how to pass the puck. He just shoot everytime when he should gove it to nazzy and get out of the way.

Jovo has got no credit for the 5 game win streak. He has been huge.

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Joma007 said:
Big win last night but the oilers are gonna be hungry today. They need the win more than us to stay alive for the playoff.

The canucks have adopted a new defensive style of hockey. The system has realy worked for them. They need it to advance in the playoffs. Markus has played better of recent since he has been moved back to the left wing. The experiment of trying on the right wing with rucinsky was a bust cause rucinskly does not know how to pass the puck. He just shoot everytime when he should gove it to nazzy and get out of the way.

Jovo has got no credit for the 5 game win streak. He has been huge.

No credit cause Ohlund is far better...without him are defence is shite!!! Ohlund should get more credit.....everytime something goes right they also credit Jovo.....**** he gives up the puck for then anyone! :(

Joma007

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
filling the net,

Yes, ohlund is good. One of the most underrated defense men. I'm just saying our D has gotten better with jovo back from injury. He does give up the puck alot. But he is the best at moving the puck out of the zone and starting the counter attack.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FANtastic, seeing the boys giving out the jersey's right now, I remember to last year after we shitt the bed and lost the Division to the Aves, but this year they fought through a lot of stuff and won it on the last home game. Feel bad for the Oil, but they have so many records vs. the Nucks and have won sooo many Cups, so who cares. Great season, even with the Bert incident.

On to the Flames, it is going to be a classic, they allways are, from the series were they went on to win the Cup after The Steamer hit the post in OT, or when we went on to the finals vs. the Rangers after Kirk made the huge stop and Pavel scored in OT. There have been some great series between these two clubs, and this one will be no different.

Bring on the Play-offs.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0