Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2003/2004

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
filling the net said:
Answer=Leetch...Francis and the Cup baby.........GO CANUCKS :p

so, 40 yr olds past their prime are the key to a leafs winning a cup, that's like trusting in a goalie with a bad back, oh wait you got that too....if the leafs can win one playoff series, they should be happy, cause after that the old men are gonna fall apart, and they will have to rely on the youth of the team: antropov and stajan. Let's start the parade.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rib Night

TheRob and Regs hit one of the local Maple Ridge establishments to take in the game last night and watch a little Kareoke. The talent on hand, not the kareoke type people, but the ladies, was immpressive. Especially our waitress who took top honors for the evening. Followed closely by the hot young chick in the white hoody. TheRob's ex up in the corner, and the tall short haired girl with the big teeth. Can't forget the hotty with the pigtails. Good pints. Good views. VERY good ribs. Good times. Shoulda had the digital camera.

Kesler is a keeper hey? That sweet little between the legs pass to Cooke on Lindens goal was a beauty. Notice the power play last night? No? That's because they didn't have anyone in front of the net again. Brookbank is the guy. I wish they would try it. Perhaps I should send off an e-mail to Crawford. Any one know his e-mail address? I almost choked on my ribs when Hughson said, "Rucinsky heads to the front of the net." Right. True I guess if you call 25ft out the front of the net.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blind date

Wouldn't it have just been easier to tell Regs you had a wonderful time while you where kissing him good night? Just a thought.

I kind of like the 'new' speedy style Canucks, though most certainly they lost that second point last night. Kesler looked good playing with Linden and Cooke. I wonder how Linden is feeling this morning? He looked to be taking a wicked beating in front of the net last night.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlike TheRob and Regs little "Love in" @ the local Kareoke Tavern in beautiful Maple Ridge, I was sitting 13 rows behind Cloutier for 2 periods...

Like KNVB (there is a first for everything) I think the new look Canucks speed generate a lot of counter attacks... Exciting hockey when they don't get trapped and grabbed...

Unfortnately we couldn't clear the puck in the final 30 seconds and gave away a point... Too bad, it was a good night for results as Detroit and Colorado both lost and San Jose vs Dallas tied...

The up coming road trip is HUGE!!! I can't believe Thursday/Friday are BOTH pay per view games!!! :mad:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Rib Night

TheRob said:
TheRob and Regs hit one of the local Maple Ridge establishments to take in the game last night and watch a little Kareoke.

That is the reason Regs couldn't walk down stairs this afternoon and meet HOS, Tee, and Sarge for a St. Patty's day pint at St. James Well, he has another Lova. Fine by me, but you missed out on one of the greasyest lunches and Best pint session ever at St, James. We even had the Very tasty Dry Ribs, oh ya.

hos is very hurt :mad:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the Canucks could be only one point behind the Ave's but they've choked the points away. The silver lining in all this? Cloutier was hurt last night. Hedberg is now the guy. Here's hoping Cloutier doesn't come back for a bit and Heberg gets the team on a roll. Now the question. If Heberg does get them rolling do you stay with him in the playoffs?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prediction time.

The Nucks are going to finish either 6th or 7th in the conference and end up meeting the Aves in the first round.

And Steve Moore will play in the 6th or 7th game if it goes that far :D

~Regs.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any normal coach would stay with Hedberg if he was hot and on a roll, but if you're Crawford, then well, you start Cloutier even with a bad fricking knee. Do you think Cloutier has pics of Crow with sheep?

I'm with you Regs. I also think they'll finish up in the 6th or 7th spot.

Steve Moore game winning goal in game 7! :D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This year has all the makings of the Nucks going into the play-offs a few years back. We lost our star player, Nazzy, to a broken leg, Clouts was injuried and he played shitty causing a goal keeper issue with Artus, and the Nucks went into a slide at the end of the regular season going into the play-offs, just making it at the end. This sounds like every season. If Alex Auld is up, I think he just got the call, give him a chance, if he does well, go with the kid in the play-offs, he is the future in goal for the Nucks. Big game tonight vs. the Hawks, come on boys.

Well if the season goes for shitt, we all know who we can blame, ...................... the media.
hos

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was Backup Bob. Not Irbe.

Canucks 1 - 0 Hawks in a absolute snorefest. Brookbank with the games only goal on the power play.:eek:

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
This year has all the makings of the Nucks going into the play-offs a few years back. We lost our star player, Nazzy, to a broken leg, Clouts was injuried and he played shitty causing a goal keeper issue with Artus, and the Nucks went into a slide at the end of the regular season going into the play-offs, just making it at the end. This sounds like every season. If Alex Auld is up, I think he just got the call, give him a chance, if he does well, go with the kid in the play-offs, he is the future in goal for the Nucks. Big game tonight vs. the Hawks, come on boys.

Well if the season goes for shitt, we all know who we can blame, ...................... the media.
hos

You can blame Bertuzzi for being a chicken shite ****sucker......and burke for making excuses about his budget and not making trades.....how about spend the cash and give it your all this year to win the cup....Cloutier????Bring back Pockey Reddick!

If they were like the MIGHTY LEAFS the would have a chance to win the cup :confused:

Mr.Fergussion is a smart man....Francis and Leetch, no team has made better deals then the leafs at the deadline!! :wa:

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shocking game tonight..................but the real story line is at the end of the game and the boys walking through the tunnel...........I am sure it was Naslund that just snapped and looked to be going bazerk once he felt he was out of sight! Anyone else catch it???????

We are going nowhere fast right now............just making the playoffs could be a stretch.

John

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was Nazzy that totally lost it in the tunnel. I saw it as well. Tough times at the moment, but they'll work them out.

Filling the Net

Chicken shite Bert? You should look no further than that Fcuk Domi before you start slamming Canucks. Not saying what Bert did was right, but he did it in retaliation of his best friend getting hit. And what's Domi's excuse?(over the years?)

Yeah Francis (41 years old) and Leetch (36) are sure gonna bring the cup there! :rolleyes:

I suggest you stop warming up your car in the morning before you open the garage door.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Furthering the notion that Selanne is an overpaid, shite-stirring, floating little pillow-biter who occasionally plays hockey. These are pretty harsh words from a guy who put the president of the Finnish Hockey Association in hospital with fractured arms and legs after his little "reckless driving" rally-car incident.

Associated Press
TORONTO -- Colorado forward Teemu Selanne says he and his teammates considered leaving the ice following Todd Bertuzzi's hit on Steve Moore earlier this month in Vancouver.

"When this thing happened with Bertuzzi, I didn't even want to go on the ice any more," Selanne told the Toronto Sun. "The players were saying the same thing, 'Let's just stop this game right now.'

"A lot of guys were talking about it, saying, 'Let's just stop this game. It's not a safe place.'"

Bertuzzi has been suspended for the rest of the season for punching Moore from behind and driving his head into the ice during Colorado's victory. Moore suffered cracked vertebrae in his neck, a concussion and facial lacerations.

According to Selanne, Avalanche general manager Pierre Lacroix would have backed his team had they decided to call off the game.

"Pierre Lacroix came to the bench and said to the referees, 'Stop the game right now. I just talked with the league.' But the referees obviously couldn't do it."

Selanne said players need to take more responsibility.

"I think every team should have a meeting and talk about this because we can't let these things happen," he said. "I know the coaches tell us to play hard, finish your check, be tough, but there's a line between stupidity and playing hard.

"The bottom line is the guys have to be responsible for what they're doing and be smart. It's all about respect right now."

Selanne also suggested there could more than just emotion at work.

"The guys are so fired up. I don't know if they're taking Sudies (Sudafed) or ephedrine or whatever, but guys are not thinking clearly and if that's the case, we've got to fix that problem."

Hope you weren't driving under the influence of Sudies, Teemu.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that Selanne is right. We need to form a committee to study the idea of forming a committee to try and remove violence from professional sports while still keeping professional sports true to the values to which we all hold, and still maintaining a competitive spirit .

That will solve everything

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therapist said:
It was Nazzy that totally lost it in the tunnel. I saw it as well. Tough times at the moment, but they'll work them out.

Filling the Net

Chicken shite Bert? You should look no further than that Fcuk Domi before you start slamming Canucks. Not saying what Bert did was right, but he did it in retaliation of his best friend getting hit. And what's Domi's excuse?(over the years?)

Yeah Francis (41 years old) and Leetch (36) are sure gonna bring the cup there! :rolleyes:

I suggest you stop warming up your car in the morning before you open the garage door.

Go Canucks go another typical canucks performance last night......up 4-2 in the last ten minutes and lose 5-4 to a team that has won a combined total of 5 road games this year.....there cup bound BABY

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!! leafs 5- colardo 2.......hey isn't that the same team that beat the canucks by a touchdown? :confused:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0