Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2003/2004

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow...

That game bit!! Pretty darn exciting OT, but otherwise...what a sleeper! :rolleyes:

The next 2 games are BIG...Phoenix and San Jose. I was hoping the Nucks would be the ones to end the streak of Boucher, but Atlanta beat us to it.

GO CANUCKS GO :wa:

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
God damn it Cooke ....

Jan. 12 The Suns have placed Matt Cooke (C) Van on the injured list due to a sprained MCL in his right knee, according to the Vancouver Sun. "They're saying 7-10 days," Cooke said.
Jan. 12 Magnus Arvedson (LW) Van injured his back on Friday and said it felt "worse" on Sunday, according to the Vancouver Sun. He'll have an MRI today to determine the extent of the injury.

Glasgow Ghirl

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No worries about the injuries, Reid is up from the minors and he has been OK, we have the new tough guy taking a few shifts as either the 7th D-man or 12th forward, and we have the newest line to come out of Crawfords play book. The Swedish Meatball line, Bertuzzi with the two sisters, or you could call it two Sweds and a Meatball, either way, Bert was double shifting in the 3rd with the twins and the line was on fire. Getting some production at of those boys now.
Auld was solid in the Pipes last night too, and Sopel just gets better and better hey Regs.

hos

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,
I like that Reid kid , I liked him before too when they brought him up ... he's a digger,now lets just hope they give him a shot.
What about my man Jovo , he lit it up in the 3rd last night. "I'm lovin it " Cause i know you love that phrase HOS!!

I agree about your meatball line ..Big Bert needs to sort out his business in his office and get some pucks in the friggen net. The Wonder Twins need a match lit under their arses .. still don't think they were worth the money. They have taken too long to prove they are CONSISTANT.

Glasgow Ghirl

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sisters aren't that bad

Just like the patience we showed with Cam Neely!!! :rolleyes: Settle down, the twins will be solid 2nd/3rd liners in this league for another 10 years... Where is Stephan and Brendyl now??? :eek:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Russell is Gay.

Where the hell is Shorthouse? Dan Russell is freaking terrible.

Solid win by the Canucks tonight. Tyler Bouke looked decent. A lot of depth on this team these days. Bertuzzi floated(word?)all night again. In the third he even yelled at Morrison and pointed with his stick at the puck instead of going to get it in the corner. What's with that?:rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the third he even yelled at Morrison and pointed with his stick at the puck instead of going to get it in the corner. What's with that?
His job is to stand in front of the net? The big man did pick up 2 helpers though... not bad for floating on the night...

~Regs.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's fine, except he was standing near the boards by the faceoff circle when he did it. Nowhere near the front of the net.

Don't you people see it? Does he have you all fooled? Who got to you Regs?!?! WHO GOT TO YOU?!?!?!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jovonoski was slow and sluggish last night. I've seen milk turn faster. I think he needs power skating lessons this summer, and he could do with losing a bit of weight.

~TheRob.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Russell is Gay.

TheRob said:
Where the hell is Shorthouse? Dan Russell is freaking terrible.:

Tending to baby being borm matters. The combo of Russell and Larsheid is fukcing terible. Shorthouse weighs 300lbs now compared to his 120lbs days at the page. Shorthouse and Larsheid gone next year after the Team 1040 buys the Canuck broadcast rights next year.

Quote of the night on the radio by Russell, after Naslund missed the net "he never does that very often"

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No way he weighs close that much...are you TTP? I can't imagine him even 200 bills.

If the team is able to buy the rights (CKNW has more clout than anyone), I don't see them switching play-by-play men. Besides Jim Hughson (SP?) there aren't many better than what Shorthouse has developed into. Russell's shortcomings certainly made this more apparent.

That said, I'm not sure how desireable Larsheid would be...he doesn't seem to fit their mould.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
That said, I'm not sure how desireable Larsheid would be...he doesn't seem to fit their mould.
Look out...if Larsheid goes...it will probaly fall to Ryan Walter. I am not sure who is worse. :rolleyes: :( :mad:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was he standing on a scale? How the hell would you know how much he weighs? He was only a buck five to start off with and that's holding the microphone. I'm, begrudgingly, with Dude on this one.

I think Walter AND Larsheid are both crap.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Shorthouse

I'd take him to knock KNVB out with his microphone!!! He outweighs that pipsqueek by at least a quarter!!!

As for TheRob pissing on our top players all of the time, I think he listens to that idiot Gallagher too much (who'd also knock KNVB with his purse)... Seriously, without that "floater" Bert and our resident slug Jovo the Canucks would be a first place team!!!

Wait, I think they are a FIRST PLACE TEAM so get tae fcuk... You too Captain Flyer!!! :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It sure is a piss off to listen to his post-game interviews. "They aren't going in for me." “We’re working hard and doing the right things.”

Blah blah blah. You know, he makes it sound like he's working hard as an individual, and it just isn't happening. The reality is that you see him put in two or three hard shifts per game...the ones where he does look like the best player in the league. Then, he completely disappears again.

This guy can almost single-handedly lift the 'Nucks out of this home winless skid if he chooses to. We'll se if anything can wake him up through the remainder of this regular season.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was at the Dallas game last night and figure the only thing they lack at the moment is work ethic. Dallas won all the battles along the boards and came up with the puck. Clouts played solid ( except the first goal ). Bert played decently. He was a bit of a physical presence for a change, but didnt do much offensively. I think he is becoming predictable. D men know he isnt busting to the net, so they dont have to worry about defending that. He seems to do one of two things:

1) cross the blue line, make a little drop pass and head to the net
0r:
2) lug the puck with one hand into the corner, then try and cut to the net

every time! Makes it a lot easier to defend when you know what he is going to do. I dont recall the last time I saw him shoot from the front of his stick :rolleyes:

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
hammerhead said:
Was at the Dallas game last night and figure the only thing they lack at the moment is work ethic. Dallas won all the battles along the boards and came up with the puck. Clouts played solid ( except the first goal ). Bert played decently. He was a bit of a physical presence for a change, but didnt do much offensively. I think he is becoming predictable. D men know he isnt busting to the net, so they dont have to worry about defending that. He seems to do one of two things:

1) cross the blue line, make a little drop pass and head to the net
0r:
2) lug the puck with one hand into the corner, then try and cut to the net

every time! Makes it a lot easier to defend when you know what he is going to do. I dont recall the last time I saw him shoot from the front of his stick :rolleyes:

I don't really think bert's playing anywhere near good enough its pretty said that henrik sendin (purse and all) is out scoring him since he has been signed. Salo played steller last night, probabley best game I have seen him play.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0