Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2003/2004

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can anyone tell me why we got rid of Slegr? I don't rate him that high but still he was insurance if someone gets hurt down the stretch. Only thing that I can think of is that he became a problem in the room.

John

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bertuzzi and Slegr

Seems like yesterday when all of you :rolleyes: were so nervous that Bertuzzi was going to be a free agent after this season, then how that changed to excitement after he signed the lucrative deal. He has 47-48? points this year but has not scored in awhile and now everybody is saying how shitty he is or what a waste of money.People are wondering why he isnt picking it up or why he looks not into the game on most nights, well, I am going to give you the reason why Todd Bertuzzi is playing like he is invisible as of late : He is getting a Divorce.The End.

John, I heard that Bryan Allen and his agent were wondering what his future with the Canucks was and if he was not in the teams plans he would like to be traded. The club moved Slegr to let Allen continue to "develop" so Burke wouldnt be forced into trading him. Bad Trade for the Nucks.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bertuzzi and a divorce.................can't imagine it :eek: He signs the huge deal and the little women says great now I want half of that and see yahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Also heard that Linden just got one too, now that did shock me.

As for the Allen bit, that doesn't make sense as to why we would dump Slegr. Slegr never played really until Salo got hurt so I don't think Bryan had much to worry about there.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Appy: that's an interesting nugget. I'd heard something similar before the season started, and that the reason for the divorce had to do w/ Big Todd dipping his pen into another lady's ink. Can't imagine a hockey player doing that.

Bad timing, Todd. No fault divorce out here bud. Doesn't he have a couple of kids, too? I can definitely see how that affects his play, considering the nature of the type of player he is. If you are emotionally spent going in, how easy can it be to get yourself going?

On the Slegr trade: do you feel it was a bad trade, ie: keeping Allen over Slegr, or do you think it was a bad trade because they reduced their depth, and because Slegr would look really good on the PP right now?

Personally, if it were an Allen or Slegr scenario, I think I would have selected Allen too. I personally think he has more upside as a solid stay-at-home d-man, whereas Slegr is at his peak, or has already started the decent. The 'Nucks have enough offensively talented d-men on the team now, and in the system, so I think the development of a big man like Allen is a good gamble.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The last time the apprentice tried to stir it up in this thread he was way off, so how could he have any clue this time around??? Again his Piss taking skill are a mirror image of KNVB's (we know how intelligent that cnut is) :rolleyes:

The Apprentice said:
Comrie a Canuck?
tsn.ca

11/5/2003

Mike Comrie balked at Oiler's GM Kevin Lowe's $1.13-million US qualifying offer this summer and has since been in limbo wondering if and when he will play this season. That might have all changed today with the hold-out Centre reportedly being traded to the Vancouver Canucks for Defenseman Bryan Allen, Forward Artem Chubarov and an undisclosed draft pick. Officials close to both teams say the deal has yet to be finalized by the NHL.

Comrie who was questioned while leaving training today declined to speak with The Canadian Press and his office said Comrie, who has been working out with the University of Alberta Golden Bears, was spending the day with his family and didn't want to be disturbed

Comrie made $3.5 million last year which included $2.5 in bonuses. Both Allen and Chubarov do not have the offensive numbers and talent as Comrie but both are considered to have serious upside while recieving limited playing time with the Canucks.

GOOD TRADE BY THE CANUCKS.....I just heard on TSN before sportsdesk ended that the canucks signed him to a three year deal at $2.5 a year with incentives.

Nice try to throw in a TSN reference when it was never on their website... Even if Todd were getting divorced, that sounds pretty gay of a reason he's not scoring more...
BTW, I'm sure Burke would trade one of his players, because an agent of one of his young developing (still un-proven) players says so!!! :rolleyes: As if...

John, we don't need the liability at the back Slegr provides, I'd like to see Baumer get another stint with the big boys... Good two way player with great leadership...

Hopefully we right the ship tonight before it starts to fill up with water... :(

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again his Piss taking skill are a mirror image of KNVB's (we know how intelligent that cnut is)
Please, sort yourself out. My desk can't take the beating my head has been giving it when reading your posts. For the love of desks everywhere, just stop.

Pass the aspirin

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Except, this one makes sense. I've heard the same rumors, and if your family being torn apart, while losing half of your fortune isn't a distraction, I don't know what is.

Especially if part of all this has been the little woman taking herself and the kids back to Ontario for the separation period.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
I'd like to see Baumer get another stint with the big boys

I may be wrong, but didn't Baumgartner get traded a few months back? :confused:

I been said over and over but I think what the 'Nucks really need is a second line scorer, a player who is recognized around the league for his scoring talent. I am not to say the young guns from the farm arent doing the job, the question is how long can they keep it up at this level. Jason King hasnt scored in what, 18 or 20 games now. A trend like this won't get us deep in the playoffs.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is true, that occasionaly :rolleyes: I have been known to start a few rumours regarding the Canucks. This Bertuzzi thing is the real deal, it obviously is having an affect on him. Same situation in Dallas with Mike Modano. He has reportedly lost $22 million in investments and is having a tough time getting things going. Look for both of these guys to have strong finishes to the year.

Guinness, I know you might think this is a gay reason why he is not scoring, but wait until your missus figures away to get out of your bedroom and realizes you are not close to being anywhere near Surrey's finest. You'll probably go on another 3 year FVSL goal less drought.

Slegr wanted out ....obviously he would like to have stayed in Vancouver but at his age, if you are a healthy scratch night in night out, you would like to be moved to a team where you would be useful. He has scored twice in his first two games for the Bruins and is always a threat on the powerplay. Good for Slegr.

Gino Reda,
TSN
Vancouver

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly. It pains me to be agreeing with Appy, but this one makes sense.

Guinness: I know you're dead inside, so I'll try to explain it. Beyond the fact that the Mrs. is doing everything she can to make your life a living hell (even the most civil divorces are tough...so my friends tell me), and the fact that you're trying to process the fact that this divorce will cost you 1/2 of everything you own, the kick in the nuts is when you don't get to come home to your kids.

In today's NHL, nothing beyond physical injury is a good "excuse" for not performing up to the level you're capable of when they make the kind of dough they do, but I can see how this may be taking it's toll.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
John, we don't need the liability at the back Slegr provides, I'd like to see Baumer get another stint with the big boys... Good two way player with great leadership...

This must be the first "pro-Baumer" opinion I've seen, well, ever.

I fail to see how Baumgartner can be seen as a good two-way player. He is awful moving the puck out of his own end. His style is Plinko - chip the puck off the glass and pray for a good bounce. If there's no plexiglass in the NHL, there's no Nolan Baumgartner in the NHL. The guy is a career disappointment, and couldn't even crack a terrible Pittsburgh lineup after the Pens plucked him off the waiver wire. And how much leadership is a guy going to bring to the NHL level when his career has been forged in the minors?

The only negative about the Slegr trade is that it leaves the blueline exposed if the Nucks need to make a deal at the deadline - like I've said before, Sopel is (well, was) their most tradeable asset, and with Slegr in reserve, not a huge loss of depth on the blueline. But if they were forced to include Sopel in a deal for a quality second-line forward now, they'd be left with 5 NHL defensemen and Brookbank.

The only other guys I see on the trading block are Chubarov and Ruutu. I don't think Burke would mind moving these guys in an effort to make Brookbank a forward and get Kesler and Bouck more minutes. But Chubarov and Ruutu (even if you throw in a draft pick) aren't going to get much in return.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speak of the Devil, eh?

Boy, did Cloutier do his best to help make things exciting last night. He was fighting it.

Great to see Bert play hard all game and get rewarded for his efforts. If he goes on any sort of tear resembling the ones he went on over the last couple of years, he's close enough now that he could very well join Nazzy on top of the points race.

Naslund gave another MVP performance last night. He proved last night that he's the undisputed leader of this squad. Better, his production this year is coming with the team facing tighter checking, and mostly at regular strength.

Hopefully he doesn't turn Swedish in the playoffs again this year.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: How'd you know?

Naslund gave another MVP performance last night.
The birds were all over us with my good looks and Nazzy's slick kit...
I didn't notice you, sorry Dude... ;)

~Zenga

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off: I don't know anyone (other than KNVB) who doesn't have better hair than Dude...
Secondly: JC had a wee chat with Nas... (I don't need to explain the Zenga reference too, do I?) :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not TTP just The Vancouver Canucks 2003/2004

Coming from the guy who mop's a McDonalds floor with his salad and then call it a the "in" style.

I really wish you would stop TTP in a serious thread such as The Vancouver Canucks 2003/04. Other people simply want to talk hockey here, Guinness and you continually come in and ruining for everyone. If you don't want to talk hockey please stay out.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I gather is that you were at the Roxy, elbowed you way past the birds with big tits, cougars, and gay hopefulls trying to get a piece of Nas and Bert. Bert wouldn't talk to you, so you cozied up to Nazzy, who decided it was his job to entertain a love sick fan.

About right?

On Zenga's hair: he's Italian...it's possible.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0