Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2002/2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Malik is huge. Like 6'6 and 240lb huge. Langdon racked up over 200 PIM last year, so I guess John Craighead will have to look to being named TheBarf's Canuck of the Week as his lone NHL highlight for the 2002/3 campaign. Coz he aint gettin out of Manitoba anytime soon.

Thank gawd Druken and Hlavac are gone, never liked them anyways.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Druken

Druken probably refused to go to the Moose so they would trade him. I thought it odd that this guy would have reacted so dumbly to the club's decision on him.

He may simply want to be somewhere we he can play and it didn't look like here, if they were sending him to the Moose pasture. Also, Carolina is closer to his far east home.

Hardly a block buster of a trade, but those are hard to come by any more.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The whole Druken episode was perplexing, and I'm siding with Harold.

The guy finally gets a one-way contract, works hard at what the coaches/management ask him to do, gets points in every game he played in this season w/o power play time [which is significant this year] and his team struggles to score early on. Wouldn't you be asking WTF?

I really think this trade is going to haunt the 'Nucks in some way, shape or form. I hope I'm wrong but...

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Druken, Smart Move

Originally posted by Reccos
Druken probably refused to go to the Moose so they would trade him. I thought it odd that this guy would have reacted so dumbly to the club's decision on him.

He may simply want to be somewhere we he can play and it didn't look like here, if they were sending him to the Moose pasture. Also, Carolina is closer to his far east home.

Hardly a block buster of a trade, but those are hard to come by any more.

They, the Nucks, wanted to send Druken down to Manatoba on a conditioning stint. They call it a "conditioning stint" so that he then does not have to go through waivers. Under the collective bargaining agreement he has the right to refuse the "conditioning stint". Good move by Druken, he has played well enough to get a shot when the team is not playing well and scoring.
I think Burke was pissed that Druken wouldn't go down, so he traded him to the Canes.
They did go all the way last year, so it all worked out well for Druks.

Years ago, when players could'nt say no to these "conditioning stints", organizations could do what ever they wanted, and have players going up and down from the farm dozens of times during a season.
Players Union does something good here for the lower paid player with this clause.

HOS

Would have liked to see Billy Mucualt(sp) vs. the Nucks, but he is out a few months with a seperated shoulder. He was a great Nuck when he was here.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another shoc-king trade......

Malik is a fcuking plumber with NO foot speed according to all reports. At best, a 6th or 7th defender. Langdon is a washed-up tough guy already, according to my sources. Canucks' fans, get used to ****ing losing because it is going to be a long season. What a fcuking trade! I'm sure all you dough heads who actually think the Canucks will have a great year are ecstatic over this blockbuster.... :D

Why don't you guys change to a fcuking winning team, like the Flyers! :p

sillyrabbit

Aug 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My take

Shamrock?Who the hell are your sources? Bobby Clarke? And it certainly isnt a blockbuster but at least Malik is useable,

Malik was Carolina's #1 or 2 dman as said by Paul Maurice, the Canes coach... Langdon is a goon what is there to say?

As for Druken, he didnt do anything in preseason when the job was handed to him, the #2 center spot wasnt there for him to earn, it was his to lose and he did... He did have 2 pts in 3 regular season games but didnt stand out at all

Hlavac is crap!

Big Show

Sep 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe the only stats that Malik and Langdon have are penalty minutes. Why didn't Burke just give Druken and Hlavac away. We don't need crap like that. At least hold out and get one somewhat decent player for the two.

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with silly rabbits comments...People shouldn't knock the trade just yet......Burke's track record for the canucks has been pretty good......he took over a brutal team and turned them into one of the most promising young teams around.... .hlavac is consistently the most inconsistent player in the league....Druken i agree has tremendous upside but burke was smart in trading him to the eastern conference (just in case he becomes really good).........also i think that getting an enforcer is a bigger deal than most people think.....Langdon, although he's not one of the elite fighters, he will be a spark plug....and just having him in the line-up will greatly improve Bertuzzi's play. I like the trade personally.....We solved 2 problems(enforcer, d-man) and got rid of 2 problems

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Philly???

oh yeah, Shamrock can you remind me how many goals the flyers scored in the playoffs last year......i cant exactly remember :D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Need more games on the Road

Big win by the Nucks in Minny last night against the Top team in the NHL right now. Canucks have not lost on the road yet, but they can't seem to get a win at home.

They better sort it out, with tickets going for 90 bucks and all the games that are on TV, who the hell would pay to go see a 1-1 tie against the Sabres, shiit, I did:mad:

Can any of the new Canucks take face-offs, once again we are terrible in this department. It is tough when you are on a power play and can't win a face-off and keep possesion of the puck.

Can we get Glassels back?

HOS

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally a win!

Great to see Nucks finally win - especially against Min. However, despite the Avalanche lame record, I think it will be an even bigger win if the Nucks can pull it off on Monday.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good win the other night.

I'm happy the shipped out Jan Hlavac. Loads of skill, but what does it matter if you don't have the drive to go with it? I suppose in the right environment, he could turn it around, but why should we have to wait? I think about how shitty Markus Naslund was perceived to be when he came here (loads of skill, too soft), and look how he turned out. Good trade to fill an immediate need, I think.

Druken...well, I'm not so sure he wouldn't flourish more than, say, Matts Lindgren. This signing baffles me. His stats are average, he has a bad back, he's injury prone, and he's in the prime of his career. I can't see him ever playing anything higher than 3rd line.

Wouldn't the 'Nucks be better off keeping Druken and giving him free range to get points, make a few mistakes, and learn? Or for that matter, just keeping Frodo up and playing the hell out of him? Let him make the odd mistake; he's got more than enough offensive ability to make up for it.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
Wouldn't the 'Nucks be better off keeping Druken and giving him free range to get points, make a few mistakes, and learn? Or for that matter, just keeping Frodo up and playing the hell out of him? Let him make the odd mistake; he's got more than enough offensive ability to make up for it.

Druken wrote himself a one way ticket out of town when he refused to go down to the farm on the conditioning stint. You don't say no to the Old School Burke and then expect to stay with the team, Burke was making a point to the other third and forth line players that you have to put the Club before yourself.

As for Frodo, I read a Gallager article the other day that said the reason that Frodo is down on the Farm is because Burke has to stay with the Sisters because of everything that he has invested in them.
The trade to get them, along with the big contracts that both have. So Frodo, who was playing well gets sent down and the Sisters who are not producing stay with the Big Club.

Mabey Lindgren is the answer for the Sisters, put them with the big Swede to get them going. Interesting to see if that is the new line. But where does Klatt go if this happens, he has been playing well of late.

HOS

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree- Druken was doomed the minute he refused that assignment.

I don't see anyone else w/ the Sisters besides Klatt or Bert. Again, what does Lindgren bring to the table? He really isn't that big, by NHL standards. I'm guessing, but isn't he about 6'2", 206 lbs? First hit he takes he'll herniate a disk. It'll be Glassels again, without the points and pretty boy good looks.

I say take Frodo, put him w/ responsible wingers Linden and Letowski, and let him play.

Hopefully Burke reads TTP, and follows Dude & Hos's advise.

;)

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonights Match

Sounds like Roy is out!

Good news for the Nucks.

Abeicher (SP?) is winless in two outings.

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Irony

Kind of ironic -
One reason Druken didn't go to the Moose was because he really liked the team, wanted to stay with them and grind it out despite not getting much PT.
His "loyalty" earned him a new home...

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently Lingren is in tonight, with Daniel Sedin and Chubarov taking this one in from the press box.

I think Lingren could be a nice fit for the Canucks. He was buried in the depth chart in Long Island, battling for minutes with some pretty solid centers in Yashin, Peca, Scatchard and Blake - Kvasha, Webb and Lapointe also played in the middle on occasion. He's a solid player, but the back injury in the offseason really hurt his progress with the team.

And it's not like we can't use any additional help in the middle. He could end up clicking with one of the forward units or at least push Chubarov and Sedin for their minutes.

sillyrabbit

Aug 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good win

Canucks played well tonight, with some luck early on and hard battling for the 4-2 win....

I find it funny that guys are screaming for a center who can win faceoffs and we sign Lindgren who can do that and you wonder why he was signed?

to the Teacher.... you gotta stop believing everything you read and hear.. Druken was giving the media lip service about not wanting to go down because he loved the team and the guys, he was forcing Burkes hand when he refused the assignment to the Moose, as soon as we heard Druken did that I think all Canucks fans went "ohh ohh, Drukens gone", the Newfie knew what he was doing and was probably advised by his agent to do so!

Malik looked good tonight, nothing fancy but stayed home to let Jovo rush..exactly what he was brought in for. Linden and Warriner looked good together again, I hope they dont sit out Warriner,he plays well when in the lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0