Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2002/2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How do you think they will do this year? Gone to a game? Post a report, and discuss the season here.

TheRob's early prediction? From what I remember from Wednesday(not much)they looked pretty good, and they were sitting out a bunch of regulars. I believe that they will make the playoffs agin, but bow out in the first round vs. San Jose.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
persist

There's a lot of nothing going on here... why?

Did anyone go see the queen last night [and no, I'm not speaking of Dazza]?

According to this mornings daily rag, it appears HOS' favorite hobbit, Frodo Federov, is on the verge of making this team, as is Bryan Allen.

I think Allen is going to flop. I just can't see him making the next step... he's too slow. I think someone posted here or maybe I read it in the paper, but the description of the second coming of Dana Muryzn seems to fit nicely :D

Thoughts/comments?

~Regs.

Remember: Dan is the Man

RATU

Jul 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
on the bubble

Regs you are correct in your assesment(sp) of the "new" #5 in this years program...for a guy who has been so highly touted has yet to impress me. I think he should start in the minors and let helmer and baumgartner(sp) give it a go in the big leagues. As for federov maybe he is the second comming of the "Russian Rocket" :D

RATUwantsnumber61tostayput:)

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somebody took Frodo in my pool last night. We all looked at him like he had five heads, but after reading the scoreline from last night's game, maybe we were a bit harsh.

He has the skill and size combo coaches drool over, but I think he's got a way to go to become NHL ready mentally.

How about this for a second line: Linden, Hlavac, and Frodo.:bronco: :knvb: :wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Linden, Hlavac, and Frodo...I dunno.

It seems this kid may just force the coach to include him on the roster, like they did for Steve Kariya a couple of years back. But, I think he'll need two strong defensive forwards to play with. Yes on Linden, but Hlavac is too flacky. I'd even say Matt Cooke before Hlavac.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My two bits for what they are with................he needs to play more than 5-6 minutes a night the 4th liners typically get in order to continue to develope. So if he can't play on the Linden line then they should send him down and tell him to dominate with the Moose.

I hope it doesn't come down to the fact that he can be sent down where as someone like Warriner is kept cause they might lose him on Waivers. If the kid is good enough then we should keep him here, and playing with a Linden type player could do wonders for his career and our 2002 Cup Run:eek:

Cheers,

John

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn, this is going to hurt...

Appy, I...choke, gag...agree with...wheeze...you...cough, cough, cough...

Where did you hear that little tidbit?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahhh...OK??? Where did Appy's post go? Did you provide some false info, Appy? Not you...

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The one ring.

I heard this morning on TSN and on the radio that Frodo is in. The Canucks have decided to keep him up. Good choice as far as I can tell. If the kid keeps it up he could be a Rookie of the Year candidate.:eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it is a nice surprise for the club. The Sisters are finally looking like brothers, and seem poised to contribute a lot more with Klatter back. This gives the club a legit 2nd / 3rd line scoring threat (I see the Linden and Sedin line getting almost equal time.)

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I couldn't understand was Hughson commenting on how if the Flames season goes as well as their pre-game show did, they'll make the playoffs for the first time in six years. Those costumes were ridiculous and the people speaking should have been acting like mutes.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-0

Canucks looked good today throughout the whole game. Goals by Nasland, Morrison and Allen, with a solid performance in the back by Cloutier. Fedor Fedorov looked pretty dangerous as he was handling the puck well tonight.

Good start and more to come.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks are 23:1 for the Stanley Cup this year :D

Very nice result and the new kids did well I thought. Give the Canucks powerplay a couple more games and look out...

~Regs.

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you see, did you see.....

A team that kills off 3 first period penalties and takes a 3 bagel lead into the change room after the first twenty minutes are surely on track out of the gate. A great sign following a very good pre-season record. Saw a stat on TSN that the Morrison/Bertuzzi/Naslund line accounted for 18 of the Canucks 30-odd shots....unbelievable!!

Usually I wait a month in to see how they are doing to decide if I want to keep my company tix for myself or give them to clients...but they are already making me want to be selfish after one game:D

CDnotwantingtosoundlikeheisdrivingthebandwagonjustyet:wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The parade will be in the summer, so let's end it at English Bay or Kits Beach instead.;)

Seriously, how many PPs were there in the first? It must have been 8!

Too many. Naslund's shot was wicked though.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
excellent start, but...

Does anybody else think that the Drury trade makes the Flames look a lot better than they actually are?

The only real gamer they had on the blueline was Morris. What they're throwing out there now rivals what most expansion teams would consider a decent defensive group. Buzek, Boughner, Gauthier, Regehr, Lydman and the unfortunately-named Micki Dupont doesn't really strike fear in any opposing frontline. I don't think one of these guys would crack the Canucks top three (and if you're basing that on minutes played, it would be Ohlund, Jovo and Salo).

Obviously they needed to get someone up front to take away some of the pressure from Iginla, but at what price? I thought losing McAmmond (who had 20+ goals and 50+ points) was pretty steep as well, especially since they got an defensive-minded checking forward in Yelle in return.

It was pretty obvious last night that aside from the Iginla-Conroy-Drury line, the Flames didn't really have anything that threatened. Kobasew and Gelinas had some nice hustle plays, but nothing that turned into a solid scoring opportunity.

Still, I was impressed that the Nucks actually toyed with the Flames at times during the first period. There's a pretty clear gap between the two teams.....regardless of what Button and Gilbert tell the poor Flame fans.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DWC,

First period had 11:58 of penelty minutes and yes it is too much!

Great start to the year............Bert? Nazzi/Morrison line look better than last year, and that is scary. I know it is way too early but you get the feeling they are on a mission, kinda like the top teams like Detroit and Colorado talk about!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0