Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2002/2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good. The guy was useless anyway. I guess this paves the way for Craighead to stick around. Good for him. That's a nice story.

Early prediction Canucks 4 - 1 San Jose.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the number of penelties that are going to be called there is barely enough time for all 18 skaters.................the goon is gone in this league unless you are Brashear (best skater on most teams)! The Canucks / Wings and the other better teams proved it last year.............

Canucks 4 - 2 Sharks

John

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go Craighead

It is a good story isn't it. I only saw the first yesterday but apparently that was all that was needed. Brown was a tough guy who looked like he was going to fall down with every stride he took, he never had a chance making this team. As for predictions, Cloutier will continue his bid to become the first goalie to post 82 shutouts and Morrison will continue on 164 point pace = Canucks 4 Sharks 0.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look out for Browny on Friday

Nucks vs. Ducks this Friday, should be a great game with Brown having a tone to prove, and the Nucks not having a real Tough guy in the line-up right now.

Do you want Jovo, throwing them with Brown, I don't think so, but he did beat the hell out of Deadmarsh before.

Cloutier is a tough customer too.

Who will step up to bat with Brown?

HOSwould:eek:

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally, I'd like nothing more than to see the Nucks dress Craighead and let the two guys with the most vested interest go toe to toe.

Having said that, the Nucks did quite well in the second half of last season (understatement) by NOT having any real tough guys. Having Cooke etc al bashing the fcuk out of the opposition and giving the opposing "goon" virtually no obvious target to sqaure off with seemed to work.

We all seem to agree that outside of fighting, Brown has little to offer during a game. So nothing would frustrate him more than having NO willing combatants. At that point he quickly becomes a waste of bench space for the Ducks.

Willy

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let the Nuck'L draggers hurt their Hands

Originally posted by Willy
Personally, I'd like nothing more than to see the Nucks dress Craighead and let the two guys with the most vested interest go toe to toe.

Having said that, the Nucks did quite well in the second half of last season (understatement) by NOT having any real tough guys. Having Cooke etc al bashing the fcuk out of the opposition and giving the opposing "goon" virtually no obvious target to sqaure off with seemed to work.

I think that Craighead is still a few weeks away with his shoulder injury, so he probably won't be around on Friday.

As for having your 3rd and 4th line grinders doing the fighting, not a bad idea, until one of them breaks a hand or gets a concusion. The Nucks don't have alot of depth, and when we lose a players to stupid injuries it hurts.

I think you need a guy that can throw em, but it does help if he can play a bit.

This disscussion was big in Calgary for Iginla, he can drop the gloves and throw them, but do you want him to risk injuries for a fight. It is nice when the top players stick up for themselves though.

HOS

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mike Brown

He still has to make the line up there as he didn't really do here. Is he going to play there more than here?

With the start the Canucks are having, it would be unlikely if they brought their tough guy in while they are on a roll unless they thought their opponent was going to shite kick them or they had too many injuries.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is really late but......

Vancouver wins 5-3 over the Sharks. Another good scoring affair and outing for the Canucks.

2-0, not bad.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
predictions off

game just finished and Canucks lose their first game 3-2 to the Flames on an unlucky game winning goal by Calgary late in the 3rd period. Bad bounce, bad looking goal, but it wouldn't have mattered if the Canucks didn't blow a 2-0 lead in the second.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice Comeback

Phily did it to Calgary on Sat. Night, they (Phily) were down 4-2 in the third, and came back and won 5-4. The Flames fizzled in the third, just like the Nucks did last night in the late second period.

Tough third goal against Clouts, but thats why teams crash the Net.

Hope they can bounce back against the Boston on Wed.

Do you think Skudra will get the start?

HOS

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cancel the parade. Trade the lazy fcuker Bertuzzi, fire Burke & Crawford, and bring in Ted Nolan as Coach / GM / President. :rolleyes:

Don’t think Skud will start until Clouts has a truly bad outing. Apparently he was excellent last night.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
dissapointed nuck fan

I can't believe my eyes....4 goals in a row for the bruins???? It's apparant that the imaturity the nucks had last year with giving up leads is biting them in the arse this year. Very dissapointing!! I acctualy didn't catch the game but when I checked out the stats online, I couldn't believe it. I don't want to take away from their impressive run last year, however, it is quite obvious that the difference between 'top' teams, and those who aspire to be, is the ability to play with a lead.

Dude where's my car, I think you might see skud start sooner than you think. I would say that your 'car' is parked in the right stall with the comments in your previous post....I'm tempted to react the same way!

Managers comment for the nucks so far.....nucks are developing, or should I say continuing, with habbits that will make a playoff spot only possible in beer league.

fromsoccertohockeyandquicklybacktosoccercausethenuckssuck!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough to watch that one

Frustrating.:mad:
Skudra will get the start next game.
The boys have got to wake up - maybe a goalie change will do it.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
maybe a goalie change will do it

Maybe a new fcuking team. I love watching all the band-wagon jumpers in this town. It must be frustrating watching a bunch of bums, year in and year out.

"Yah, but we had two of the top scorers in the league last year and we had the best record in the league after......"

Mating call of the losers. The Canucks are going nowhere again and until they get rid of that moron Burke, they can get used to this for a few more years.

Two words.........SHOC - KING..........

Go Flyers.

Captain

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree Captain

only with this part though

The Canucks are going nowhere again and until they get rid of that moron Burke,

Never liked his tactics.....I've said this many a times,he's a thin skinned bastard!!!!!!!14 or 15 boys to sign this summer...He will be in for a long one!

Its too early in the season to press the panic button.......I have all the confidence in the world that NAZZY(one of the best players in the league),not Burke will keep leading them to the playoff land!!!!!

Stay on the Band Wagon Boys!!!!

el-presidente

Apr 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the canucks are gonna finish worse off then the mighty ducks..atleast when the ducks dont make the playoffs they can go to disneyland ....mi campade Bertuzzi better start buying his playland stamps now to avoid the lines at seven eleven.

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Patience!

They are 4 games into the season. They've even won 2 of them. Yes they had 2 stinkers, but can you seriously write them off? Give it some time!

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
bring in Ted Nolan as Coach / GM / President.

I heard the reason Nolie has been blacklisted from the NHL is because he was giving Hasek's wife weekly hot beef injections while in Buffalo. Muckler has made it his personal vendetta to exile Nolan from the league, apparently something to do with crossing the most sacred of unwritten rules between coach and player.

He should have stuck to babysitters, like Dan Quinn and The Apprentice's new hero, Doug Gilmour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0