Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2002/2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Almost done deal

According to 1040AM the Canucks had completed a deal that would have sent Vince Damphouse to Vancouver. The deal was all done but Vince did not waive his no-trade clause. I am not sure who the canucks were going to give up

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bertuzzi at 39 goals now. So what do you think the odds are at having two . . . count them, two . . . 50-goal scorers in the same season? Amazing.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper!!!!!

Nevermind two 40 goal scorers is not bad either!!!!

That line has over 100 goals amoungst the three not bad!!!!

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Star Gazing....

First spotting the Captain and Parkhead at Celtic Park and now this,

Did anybody spot a Celebrini on Sportsnet between the first and second periods?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
At the pace Todd is currently on, and Markus in a bit of a slump, we could be seeing only one 50 goal scorer- Bert!

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Todd make a push for the points lead, either.

Ugly game last night. Skudra is fcuking frightening. Horrible on his rebounds. That 3rd goal...took forever to get back accross the crease.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The deal was all done but Vince did not waive his no-trade clause.
The Province says that he wanted a three year extension at 4 mil/per and a no trade clause and that's when Burke said no. The Canucks weren't giving up any roster players either. Would have been a good trade. Too bad he wanted so much money.

Cloutier could be back by Saturday. The way Skudra is playing, the sooner the better. Letowsiki was fcuking flying last night. Not being traded is probably quite a load off his shoulders.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Probably a good thing for KNVB anyhow. Can't be bringing in another hockey player that looks like him. You think the Sedin's are bad? What about a guy with a name like Damphouse?

KNVB has been dealt a shitty hand as it is. Poor vagina.

soccerplayer13

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think the canucks should have brought someone like damphouse because look at all the teams stacking up for the post season and we only got brad may

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damphouse....

The Sharks wanted Vancouver to pick up Thornton(?) as well and Burke wasn't willing to add that much payroll. Other than that it was a done deal.

Gotta agree with Keeper, that was a hell of a first period... has play-off game writen all over it. Hope the rest of the game is like that .

lupoman

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a great game for the fans. Don't really like seeing the number of giveaways that the nucks gave up tonight but at least they had the resolve to come back. I liked the way Crawford got tossed. Those refs were pretty shoc-king and there should have been an instigator penalty on low. Overtime was simply magical, can't believe they didn't pot one. Skuds picked it up a bit in OT too although I imagine he'll have a nice headache tomorrow.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Game!!!!

Great game tonight, it had everything.

The Blues might be the first round opponent if the Aves catch us.

HOS did you hear the chants in OT.

JOHNSON JOHNSON JOHNSON!!!!!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob was at the game last night. So was Zaurrini who, from what I understand, was on the piss until the wee hours of the morning.:D

A couple of observations:

- May only played 1:52 in the first period. The busiest 1:52 ever?
- Skudra was VERY shakey.
- There were about thirty passes from the Canuck defence to the Blues players. The worst of course was from Mailk. He atoned for that with his goal though.
- This has me perplexed. Johnson can't stop a beach ball during regulation time, and then turns into the second coming of Patrick Roy in overtime. Unreal.:(
- Cloutier better come back soon. I figure he needs around 5 or 6 games to get ready for playoffs.
- Did anyone see the play we're Langdon had a clear path to the net so he passed the puck into the back of a Blues defencman?:rolleyes:
- Intense playoff type game, but the actual hockey was shite.
- Mays hit was a little late, but it wasn't that bad really. He didn't make much contact with Tkachuck.
- Why didn't Reed Low get an intigator penalty.
- The reffing sucked. HUGE.

I could go on, but I will spare you all. Fun game to be at. The crowd was electric the whole time, especially in overtime. Four points ahead of the Avs. :( It's going to be an awsome last eleven games.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This one baffled me: OT, Naslund carrying the puck in with space, and has Linden on his left for a clear 2-on-1. Naslund, the #1 goal scorrer in the NHL, and owner of arguably the best wristshot (Joe Sakic may argue) in the world, chooses to pass the puck to Linden. WFT???

As soon as I saw that pass, I started cursing. I cursed more after Linden completely bottled it and missed the entire freaking net.

Fcuking Swedes...vaginas, the lot of 'em.:mad:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by TheRob
TheRob was at the game last night. So was Zaurrini who, from what I understand, was on the piss until the wee hours of the morning.:D

Maybe...
Sensei was spotted as well.
If memory serves me correctly, the last I heard was some girl ( I use that term loosely) said
"Yeah, I know Sensei. He ripped my cu_t in half."

I wish I could comment on the game...but, I dont remember anything past the 2nd.
Very exciting game...err...two periods.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TR

Was at the game, and while I generally agree, I must take a few exceptions.

1.) The worst pass by a canuck defenceman to a Blues forward was courtesy of Brent Sopel

2.) While Skudra gave up some horrendous rebounds, he only had a chance on two of the four goals, and he did make a few spectacular saves late to keep them in it.

They only had 14 shots at the start of the OT?? WTF is that about? St Louis had 12 shots in the first period. 14 shots per game wont carry them very far into the playoffs

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was Kurgan with you?

While Skudra gave up some horrendous rebounds, he only had a chance on two of the four goals, and he did make a few spectacular saves late to keep them in it.
That toe save he made in the second period was pretty amazing, but the rebounds were brutal, and he looked like he was fighting the puck most of the night.

14 shots is brutal. You would think that with how bad Johnson was(4 goals on 7 shots)they would have shot more.:rolleyes:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Phillip,

Between white shoes trying to put together a sentence and you providing crucial marriage advice, I did a brief summary of the overtime period for you, as you had clearly forgotten anything that happened past 9pm that day. It was a magical game that led to an enchanted overtime. Or some shite like that, I can't remember, I was fcuked up.

I also deny ripping any cnuts in half. Especially hers.

Three simple words.....
-Sensei

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kurgan couldnt make it, he had to work :(

I just saw the replay of the Demtra goal, now I agree, malik's was the worst give away, Sopel just made a lot of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0