Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2002/2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bert was on fire though Reid had the crowd buzzing...

I really think Big Bert is making a stong case for MVP right now. Naslund means a lot to the team and their success but at this point, Bert is a more valuable commodity.

Reid! Reid! Reid!

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rookie Night on Wednesday for Preds

Rumour has it that the Preds had thier Rookie Dinner in Vancouver on Wednesday Night, and then headed out for some fun at the Roxy.

I wounder if that had anything to do with the slow start last night.
The dreaded Roxy once agian the 7th man for the Nucks:D

VIP passes for any team Nucks face in the Play-offs.

HOS

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmmmmm......

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) -- The Vancouver Canucks recalled goaltender Alex Auld from AHL club Manitoba on Sunday.

The 22-year-old rookie played four games for the Canucks during the first three weeks of March, going 1-2 with a 1.48 goals-against average and .941 save percentage.

He was sent to Manitoba on Tuesday when No. 1 goalie Dan Cloutier returned from a sprained right knee that forced him to miss 10 games. Auld stopped 27 shots in Manitoba's 4-3 overtime loss to Grand Rapids on Thursday.

The Canucks also have backup goalie Peter Skudra on the roster

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
6-0

I think we just might see a bit more of Mr. Auld down the stretch here. Cloutier is obviously still struggling a bit. Big Bert just might win the Art Ross and the Rocket Richard trophies. :D

Parkhead

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Todd Bertuzzi was named Player of the week scoring 6 goals a nd 2 assists in four games!!!

Was watching Sportsnet news and on the ticker it said The Hockey News had conducted a survey with the players and they voted MARKUS NASLUND the MVP in the league this season!!!!

Not Bad.

Cant wait for the big battle tommorow!!!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw that too!!!

Amazing, isn't it!!!

Bert rocks, so does Nassy!!!

Can anyone help me get rid of these exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!

Zenga!!!;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk... 2 games to go for the Nucks and everyone has stopped posting :mad:

Let's get this thread going!!!!

2 games left and 4 points up on the Aves who have 4 games to go... Can the Nucks hold them off? Could come down to the last games of the season for both clubs on the 6th:

Vancouver vs LA
Colorado vs St Louis

If we don't hold them off, St. Louis first round would be scary, but pretty intense :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

GO CANUCKS GO

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont think that Minnesota will be a pushover even if they keep third place. A trapping team that capitalizes on mistakes could eat the 'nucks alive. Especially if the defence plays like it did last night

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Minnesota

You gotta be kidding... :rolleyes:

Minnesota will be eaten A L I V E in the playoffs...if not by the VANCOUVER CANUCKS...by any other team who can skate and shoot a puck!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for that informed response .

2 stats I think are noteworthy about Minnesota

1.) 2-2 against the Canucks this year

2.) 170 goals against ( 4th best in the league ) compared with the Canucks 203 goals against

they will finish with only a few less wins than the Canucks, currently have 41 wins to the 'nucks 45, but with 3 easy final games to the 'nucks 2.

:rolleyes:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
my bad

You are obviously the "STATS GOD" and I appreciate that, but I still think that it is a sheer F L U K E that Minny is even that close to the Canucks, but hell...seeing as I am a super canucks fan, and the underdog is always my number one pick...I give cutos to Minny for holding their end.

Anyone remember what happened to Carolina Hurricanes this year after doing "well" during the 2001/2002 season? Anyone see a pattern?

striker14iscruisin'forabruisin' :wa:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I give cutos to Minny for holding their end.
Is that anything like SARS or is something that has to do with your "slide" when you get wet?!?!? :confused:

~RegshintingatpostsfromobscureTTPthreadstoday.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
baaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Nope...nothin' to do with SARS, but I do an awesome impersonation of a "slip n slide" but with no plastic.
You'll have to come check out our MWSL Championship game in Surrey (Don Christian) @ 2:00pm no Sunday to find out what I mean...see if you can pick me out!!

wetandslipperyjustthewayilikeit :wa:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5-2 Nuckers.

wetandslipperyjustthewayilikeit
Is she talking about cokcs? I think she is talking about cokcs.

The Canucks will win tonight. My predictions is 5-2. Cloutier will again look a little shaky, but he needs some games.

How far can they go with a broken keeper?

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Getting down the the WIRE

Colorado and LA are tied with 16 mins to go in the 3rd. I will hold my breath for a while.

Disapointing loss for the Canucks tonight, but damn was the OT exciting.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
booya....

LA just scored an empty netter.....Kings beat the Avs, 5-3!

What a great stroke of luck for Vancouver. While you can't be happy with the piss-poor performance the Canucks showed in the 3rd period tonight, I guess a little puck luck will compensate for a couple of lousy performances. Still, this is definitely not the kind of hockey a team wants to be playing going into the postseason. More perplexing is the fact that after the team had to surge just to eek into the playoffs last season - one would think they'd understand the gap between the playoff and non-playoff teams in the West, and how tight it is at the top of the conference and division. Off nights, while they might be perceived as "minor" slip-ups, are the kind of nights which can ruin a pretty good regular season. You just about saw evidence of that tonite, where a pretty lame draw against the Coyotes could have cost the Canucks all the hard work and effort put forth in the previous 81 games.

Lucky lucky lucky.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
o.t. powerplay

With all the offensive guns, why do the canucks have salo and sopel on a 4 on 3 powerplay in overtime...they had absolutely no creativity - they just played pass at the top wondering why they couldn't get a shot??
What about Morrison - Sedins - Jovo- ...someone!!
I'm no hockey guy, but that seemed dumb.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0