Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2002/2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves,

Probably because Sopel & Salo both have great shots from the point...Salo especially has a cannon.

Sopel hasn't been all that great at his own end of the ice this season (much better the last 25 games or so), but at the other end, he's been very good at holding the puck in, and moving it to the right guy.

Salo also has an OT goal this year.

Besides, Jovo was out right after, nearly missing w/ 3 seconds left.

Fcuk...I'm getting sick of these guys blowing 2 goal leads!:mad:

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple of observations from last night................

First, has Morrison slipped back into Crows dog house of late? He wasn't out for the 5 v 3 PP in the second period, Linden was. And in the OT wouldn't him, Nazzy, Bert, and Jovo be the obvious choices??????????

Second, anyone got an idea when we last won a 1 or even 2 goal game?

Third, how we finish off the year is moot, it is how we start and play in the playoffs that count. Just look at Detroit last year. Everyone saw how hot Vancouver were heading in and how cold Detroit was but guess who won it all.

Anyways, a huge bullet dodged last night. But I think this team needs to concentrate on just winning and not where they stand in the Conference. Whoever we play, it will be a hard tough series.

John

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good observation on Morrison, and it does speak to Aves' comment as well.

He's been awesome in OT this season...and he very nearly did it again last night when he busted in and drew that penalty.

There were a couple of shifts in the 2nd when he, Naslund, and Bert looked fcuking unstoppable...if it weren't for Bouche.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Race for the Art Ross

From todays Province.

Naslund 48 56 104 one game left
Forsberg 27 75(fukc) 102 two games left
Thornton 35 63 98 two games left
Bertuzzi 46 51 97 one game left
Hejduk 47 46 93 two games left

It coming down to the wire. I think if Nazzy can get a couple in the last game he will be ok.

Hejduk is right up the for the Rocket Trophy.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nazzy need to light it up against LA. Hell...he'll be back home, all the incentive. Really, the guy needs to bag one in the first, and he'll be OK.

I'm calling a 3 point night, 2 goals.:D

Bert with the other 4 goals.:rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Muppets

First off:
suburbanator

Disapointing loss for the Canucks tonight, but damn was the OT exciting.

They didn't lose numnuts!!!

Secondly:
sensei_hanson
Off nights, while they might be perceived as "minor" slip-ups, are the kind of nights which can ruin a pretty good regular season. You just about saw evidence of that tonite, where a pretty lame draw against the Coyotes could have cost the Canucks all the hard work and effort put forth in the previous 81 games.

Lucky lucky lucky.

Before last night, they had only played 80 games!!! So much for "Mr. Stat Man Hanson"!!!:rolleyes: Go back to being "MmmBop";)

Third idiot:
A couple of observations from last night................

Third, how we finish off the year is moot, it is how we start and play in the playoffs that count.

John

Soooo much for a couple of observations!!! :p

Funny thing is, peeps like Zenga, Dude and Aves actually posted sensei-ly!!!:eek: Something weird is going on around here???

OK, we all slip up, but Subs and John are big Canucks fans they'd barely post other wise... We all know MmmmBop is a wagon burner, so really his observations are moot!!!:D

As for the Art Ross, Nazzy will be OK with a couple of points... Forsberg needs to pass him to claim the trophy... I think it was about 8 years ago when Jagr won the Art Ross after he and Lindros were tied for points... Apparently goals count more than assists???:rolleyes: Agree or not, that is the tie breaker...

Feelinglikeacheekybastardtoday,Guinness:knvb:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh soooo close, fricken ot and the ducks

well the nucks were 10 seconds away from the north west div. title, but now we must beat or tie la on sun afternoon.

if we finish 3rd, i think we play the ducks in the 1st round, and they looked good vs. the ave's tonight.

Congrats to Ottawa on the League Cup, this team really deserves this after all they have been through this year.

Nucks vs. Ducks will be a great first round match-up, good travel time, no time zone change, and they are not the most defensive team, so run and gun hockey with the Nucks.

Must go into the play-offs with big win vs. the Kings on Sunday.

Go Nucks Go
HOS

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: oh soooo close, fricken ot and the ducks

Originally posted by Hands of Stone
if we finish 3rd, i think we play the ducks in the 1st round, and they looked good vs. the ave's tonight.

HOS

I held them off as long as I could...one man can only do so much ;)

go nucks:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Buddy

Originally posted by Aves
I held them off as long as I could...one man can only do so much ;)

I guess your Johnny Canuck Avatar could not go the full 5 min. of OT, lets hope our Nucks can get the Job done vs. the Kings on Sunday.

HOS

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
booooo......

Let us see if Guinness can put a positive spin on that performance. No Art Ross trophy, no Maurice Richard trophy, no division title, no Minnesota in the opening round.

And, for the record, that performance did just fcuk up all the hard work and effort over the past 81 games. While I still think Naslund should be the Hart Trophy winner this season, I am now not going to be overly surprised if they give it to Forsberg. He had more points than Naslund and his team won the Northwest Division.

What a brutal way to head into the playoffs. After a regular season full of highs, you hate to go into the important part of the season on arguably the biggest low of the year. The team looked gutted while handing out their jerseys in the post-game ceremony.

Hopefully our beloved Canucks can regroup and get it together for St. Lou in the opening round. But with Pronger back in the lineup....oh man. I just don't like this as a first-round matchup at all. The age-old theory is that if you put in a good regular season, you'll get rewarded with home ice and an easier draw in the playoffs. While we've got the former, we certainly don't have the latter.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shitty loss but bring on the fukcing Blues.

I dont know why everybody are scared of them, ok they are a good team but with Osgood in goal I think the Nucks will take it in 6.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see 2 positives, SH you negative nelly

Originally posted by sensei_hanson
Let us see if Guinness can put a positive spin on that performance.

First we play a St. Lou team that has been strugling like us, but they have had more key injuries. Plus we match up well with them for a good high pace, lots of skating and scoring series. It won't be the grinding like a Minny series, plus Minny had our number this year.

St. Lou has had terrible keeping this year, Osgood has not fixed it, our keeping is much better, Clouts was great today, play-offs is about Hot keepers.

Last, if we get past St. Lou, I hope, I hope, we would probably play Dallas and not Detroit in the second round, with the Aves and Wings battling there.

I don't mind this series, I think the Nucks will get past them.

I am pissed about no awards for Nuck players, but its all about Lord Stanley baby.

PositiveHOS

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Cancucks will be out in 6, making the success of the previous 82 games moot. HOS, St. Louis is healthy now, with the exception of Tkachuk, who will be coming back by game 3. Pronger is playing again and St. Louis rested 5 key players in Colorado's game. Why do you think they did that? So they can face the fcuking Canucks instead of the Avalanche. It's ova baby like Niagara Fall is ova.

I can't wait to see the town WHEN the beloved Canucks get knocked out of the first round AGAIN.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
St. Louis a bad thing...

I don't think so. As has been shown all season, the last two games in particular, this Canucks team has a habit of playing down to its opponents. I think a fast, physical series is just what this team needs to get it on a roll early. The slow, grinding pace of Minnisota has tended to lull our boys to sleep, and worse, frustrate them to the point that they get away from their style of play. Getting battle hardened early is the key for this team. Canucks in 6 over the Blues, and a Nucks/Sens final. This is our time, this is our game. Lets bring the cup back to Canada, here to Vancouver where it belongs!!

lupoman:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here are St. Louis' injuries. Tkachuk actually played today so here is the long list of key injuries that you refer to, HOS. When you see someone's name you recognize, let me know....

Injuries

Player Date Status Injury
S. Dubinsky C Feb 27, 2003 Injured Reserve Concussion
J. Mayers RW Nov 15, 2002 Injured Reserve Torn ACL, MCL, And Cartilage In Rt. Knee
R. Pilon D Oct 8, 2002 Injured Reserve Left Wrist Surgery

Last updated through games completed on Apr 6, 2003

I'm not sure how they are going to cope without Mayers and a guy named Pilon. They have obviously missed them over the last 5 or 6 months.

:rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No offense, Lupoman, but you would have said the same thing if they were playing Detroit, Dallas, or Colorado. They are going into the playoffs on a low(losing to a team they stuffed last week 5 - 1). Everything went bad today for them including all the possible individual awards. I know they are not a huge factor BUT it has to play with their minds a bit..........The only thing that will help the Canucks win this series is the weak St. Louis goaltending........

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking hell…my thoughts exactly Sensei. A colossal bottling of huge proportions over the past few games. When Sopel sent that blind pass / gift straight up the middle, I thought, “Fcuk, here it comes…” Sure enough, goal.

He had so much time on that play to look up and find an open man. The ‘Nuck were all over LA at that point in the game.

One reason the ‘Nucks wanted Mini over St. Louis: the Wild are smaller. Even if the series were to take 6 games, with Minnesota stealing 2 of the first three, they certainly wouldn’t do it by wearing down the ‘Nucks. They’re too small to do any serious damage. St. Louis, on the other hand, is huge. I see this series going 7, and the ‘Nucks being shite kicked when it is all done.

I hope I’m wrong!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have Heard of This Guy

Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
R. Pilon D Oct 8, 2002 Injured Reserve Left Wrist Surgery

No, I am thinking of R. PYLON, he plays for Club I, and is real easy to go around.

Don't worry Capt., you can be a Prick, we don't want you as a Nuck Fan, not if you support fukcing Celtic.

The Nucks will do fine vs. St. Lou, they are going to be so concerned with getting back at May for the Tkachuk hit and trying to get under Clouts skin from the incident back in Nov. that we are going to fill the net behind Osbad.

HOS

I like the Nucks Chances, just look at Capt.'s pick in Sports betting, he allways puts money on the losers:eek:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can certainly see the Canucks making it past St. Louis. While they are in the midst of a season slump, the Blues are the only other Western playoff team with a worse record in the last 20 games. Without a proven goaltender, the Canuck will squeek out a few close wins, bringing their confindence back up and will see through to the next round.

From there, I've got my doubts. But I'm still on the wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0