Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup The Pakenham Cup 2003

Who will win the Pakenham Cup?

• Chilliwack FC

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Delta Highlanders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Surrey Sporting

• GN Sporting

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • GEU Black Knights

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • SFC Rangers

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Langley United FC "A"

• GEU Ultra

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Pegasus

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Langley Thunder

• Aldergrove United

• Poco City Dominion

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • North Delta United

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
leave already

does this controversy matter.....the last 2 teams in the premier league by far.......sfc is already gone so who cares....let langely play...if they don't want to...then let geu thru.....we'll see how sfc does wherever they go considering they did so well this year....i'm sick of how everyone is saying the fvsl is bush league.....to me its the players who represent this league that determine its strength....call me biased but i think we're doing just fine...we all have excellent facilities...pretty good refs...and the number of teams is small enough in the premier league to create strong rivalries.....so everyone should just shut up and play...........cheers

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Appeal

My understanding is that if this appeal by SFC has gone to BCSA, then we are now going to be delayed until they have reviewed the appeal and made a formal decision. The FVSL has no choice but to await the verdict of the appeal and that would possibly mean a delay to the current Cup schedule.
I wouldn't be surprised to see BCSA make them play it again due to the circumstances. Regardless, my feeling is that there is a good possibility that our Semi Final will not be played on the weekend of the 23rd so I have tentatively scheduled an exhibition game with Burnaby Canadians from the VMSL.

Good luck to both the Rangers & PAU this weekend......... and may the best team win;) I won't be there unfortunately, prior commitments in Edmonton this weekend.

Cheers:D

lfc

Sep 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hubs,dude

Langley would be extremely fortunate to be able to field a team this weekend, no newcs, no keep, no Ohl. If all 14 or 15 of us were chomping at the bit to play again I would be behind it 100%. I have gotten to a point where I really don't care about this saga any longer. Don't forget that we had 10 guys 15 minutes before kick off last game. Where is the team going to come from?
Maybe we can bring up a couple of cat guys that haven't played in the prez!

lfc

Sep 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
come on Raiguy

Originally posted by Raiguy
does this controversy matter.....the last 2 teams in the premier league by far.......

Now I understand GEU taking a piss on us for the three games total goals, but you?
1-0,2-1 for you, 2-1 for us.
Have a little mercy on us. I guarantee we will be a goal better come September, then we will be just like you guys.
The rest of your rant I liked.
Good luck in the semi's.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Are you taking the piss Howdy Doody?

Originally posted by Rangerforever

The match mon ami is as follows:
Noon at Newton Stadium Saturday the clash of the Titans will be. :rolleyes:
Some good quality football that day. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
The big match is at noon and some other rinky dink cup game after. ;)
Pegasus plays Firemen at 2:30.

Later boys,
RF

Ranger, so is the PAU-Rangers game on saturday now???..... should be a great game to watch.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Appeal

Originally posted by Crafty Cokcney
My understanding is that if this appeal by SFC has gone to BCSA, then we are now going to be delayed until they have reviewed the appeal and made a formal decision. The FVSL has no choice but to await the verdict of the appeal and that would possibly mean a delay to the current Cup schedule.

By the time a decision is made by BCSA it will be September. Few years back we disputed a game and it went all the way to BCSA as well, but by the time the verdict was reached - the BC's were over.

Let GEU go to the Semi's and if Langley/Peg want to fight to play a game or pride, let them play each other. On with the Cup!

hubs

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raiguy

Who cares if we are the last of the bunch. I'm sure you,delta,and poco wouldn't mind the points we took from you.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU/anybody

While we've been hibernating certain things have happened to us: We've all grown large beards and started to live off the land.I myself have put on 20 pounds off solid sex appeal,Millsy well he's just put on 20 pounds:eek: . The player that has benefitted the most has got to be bertrum he no longer has any injuries and has ran in 3 full marathons. He looks fantastic and is once again magic in the leisure center sauna.Our coach looks like he is a few inches taller and may have even been laid.Cowboy in the middle can no longer get his shirt over his gigantic Heed and first touch will be getting a call for a custom jersey.Don't get me wrong having almost 2 months off is great and when we play our next game in July we will be ready.

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ridiculous

this saga is fckuin retarded. so we are going to go another full week without a game. sfc doesn't care and by all sounds from the langley club their season is over. geu delta semi-final. way too long to make a decision that neither club gives two shites about

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: GEU/anybody

Originally posted by girth
The player that has benefitted the most has got to be bertrum he no longer has any injuries and has ran in 3 full marathons. He looks fantastic and is once again magic in the leisure center sauna.

You have no idea. Rachael Marsden and I just hanging out with the swim team.:D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i agree

I agree with Can
If this whole fiasco didn't start with one of the teams complaining then why is it all taking place?
Why not just call Langley and ask them if they want to continue with the protest, if so then do it, if not( which i imagine by now not) then let Surrey play and let's get it going again.
By the time the decision comes through, will either of these teams be able to field a full squad for the game?

Just ask the coachs what they want to do. Maybe this whole protest is a waste of time.

If there are any players from those two teams on here let's hear what you think?
Go ahead with the protest? or **** it?

hubs

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Protest??

What protest? Langley didn't protest at all. The league execs. for whatever reason started this thing. Langley guys have said all along peg should be allowed to continue on in the pak. As far as Langley playing, I figure we are just as much in the dark as anyone else. Where? When? etc.. We haven't been kept up to speed as players anyway. Our season was over when peg beat us, we'd need time to gather the lads for a game. Speaking for myself I'd be glad to give GEU a game.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The CANdy Man

Originally posted by can
this saga is fckuin retarded.....sfc doesn't care

1. Mentally challanged is more appropriate don't you think? ;)

2. Au contraire mon ami, au contraire. The boys in Peg's dressing room may be short in #'s but not in desire. They do care and would love nothing more than to whoop your sorry farmer arse. :D
And, by all accounts thus far the CLUB itself does care, very much so - an appeal to BCSA proves that.

Just people helping people, :p

Politicallycorrectforever

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Politicallycorrectforever. Yes you are.;)

My opinion is the same as Hubs'. More importantly- at this point- GEU deserves a match.

Too bad...this thing could have been settled quietly and quickly.

Dude-where'smycouncilman?

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hold the phones

The Rangers vs PAU match still isn'decided, it was originaly schedualed for South Surrey #6 at 2.15pm Sunday. I am waiting on the fields status wich is usually in around 4pm thursday (tonight). If our field is open then it will be as originaly schedualed. We did discuss Saturday at noon at Newton turf, because we didn't think our park would be open. Unfortunately Saturday we can't field a full team.

next to god

Not Bright
Aug 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cainy, look outside...

First of all Cainy South Surrey is Marginal and it will not be playable on Sunday, mark my words.

The Rangers have gone to a lot of trouble based on a PA request Tuesday to hold the game on Turf Saturday.

On SFC Gate or whatever it is called Peter C, Coach and myself are NOT going to appeal to BCSA although there are several points that would make the appeal very successful. We will move on to the VMSL Cat Program for Pegasus and leave the FVSL Premier behind with a very sour taste.

Hope the books are in order, Fudgicle and Brownie because you never know who is going to run at the FVSL AGM!!

NTG

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFC PEGASUS

NTG,

It has definetely been a tough season for you and your Premier squad this year. You have a great facility that seems to be getting better and better and it is a shame that you are leaving the FVSL as direct result of what has transpired over the last while with the league. I hope you, Coach, Rangerforever can pull your Mens program around and ensure that your youth players and teams stick around for the future.
Hopefully by now the league is aware of your position regarding the Packenham Cup and that Langley will now play GEU this weekend.

Cheers and good luck in the VMSL next season.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pakenham

Originally posted by Crafty Cokcney
Hopefully by now the league is aware of your position regarding the Packenham Cup and that Langley will now play GEU this weekend.

If you can't spell it.......you don't deserve to win it! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0