Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup The Pakenham Cup 2003

Who will win the Pakenham Cup?

• Chilliwack FC

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Delta Highlanders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Surrey Sporting

• GN Sporting

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • GEU Black Knights

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • SFC Rangers

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Langley United FC "A"

• GEU Ultra

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Pegasus

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Langley Thunder

• Aldergrove United

• Poco City Dominion

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • North Delta United

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cards

Another note, the premier league plays 21 games while div one only play 18, that's 3 extra games to pick up cards. We play a div 1 team tomorrow, I wonder how many of them would be in card trouble if they played 3 more matches. Tomorrow will be our 23rd game of the season, and a number of guys are sitting on 2 yellows. If you ask me 2 yellows after 23 games is angelic, hardly worth a suspension and the possibility of missing a cup semi or final. League play and cup play should be seperate, just like the B.Cs

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU

What to do today? We are scheduled to have a practice today but we will need to start off by introducing ourselves to each other again as it's been quite some time since we've seen each other. After the introductions we will probably jump into a scrimage breaking into two teams pretending it is a Pak cup game or just something more serious than the occasional 3 on 3.We will try not to hurt each other as the upcoming games that we may have I've heard are serious:confused: .I purchased new boots after our last game and took them out of the box yesterday only to find out that there last years model:rolleyes: .Looks like the weather is holding up so good luck to other teams having important games today,I will post as soon as I get home from my practice and let you know how it went.

lfc

Sep 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cards

Good topic. Can't say I disagree with anyones comments yet. What does the VMSL do or are we under BC Soccer regs here? I know it is not the premiership here but they have a five card allowance before suspension. If the refs were a bit more consistent it might not be such an issue but I have seen too many cards flashed this year where both teams are boggled.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Card trouble

I must say, this subject is a hot topic come cup time... Here is my two bits worth:

3 cards and you sit, well that is a tad strong to begin with... Yes the League will always need to create more ways for funding, but in all honesty 3 cards and a game suspension is unrealistic... Especially after 21 games... The League and Cup should not share the same penalty... Red cards are one thing (automatic 1 game regardless of what compition), but fcuking yellows!!! Different temperments are brought to each game with some being skillful affairs while others (take GEU for example) are muck it outs... The officials are at their best when calling a consistant game... Set the tone early, let the players get a feel for the way the ref is calling it and then if things get out of hand give a bad tackle a warrented card... BUT for christ sakes don't watch foul after foul and then decide one certain guy should be penalized!!! That happens and unfortunately players have to serve their suspensions... Consistancy is the most important part of officiating as far as I'm concerned!!!

I personally like the 5 card rule for the season and leave cards accumulated in League play separate from any cup matches...

Sounds simple ;)

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by LucVanLierde
So next weekend is GEU vs Rangers?
nope there on the other side GEU/DELTA if this thing is finally settled.Rangers/GN,if I have my info correct.

The Judge

Oct 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic

Fukc off luk,or you might hear"here comes the judge"just ask aves.Obviously PA missed the beast,good luck in the B.C.'s.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by knvb
What I'm trying to figure out is when did Coach became a player? :eek:

I know - impressive eh?

The boys played well today and rose to the challenge of taking on the show.
The guys in the opposite dressing room know how I feel about them and at this point, no, it doesn't get any better than this.

Later lads,

RF

The Judge

Oct 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Turf or grass

Skip you played a nice game except,well you know.Do you think the same result would have happened if we played on the turf on sat?

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
here comes the cheap cnut

Originally posted by The Judge
Fukc off luk,or you might hear"here comes the judge"just ask aves.Obviously PA missed the beast,good luck in the B.C.'s.

Gordo, it's one thing to be a cheap dirty cnut and another to come on here and boast about it.
In the first 5 min you raked me at the knee and threw the elbows up and ran right through me with no intention of playing the ball.

I play hard and get in guys way and grapple, moan, whatever...but there are guys who play hard, and there guys like you who go out to hurt someone...
That's good football:rolleyes: :eek:

The Rangers were full value for the win today...they battled hard and are a premier calibre team. A very deep team, which will be a factor the rest of the way...until maybe the bc's when you'll only get 5 subs.

Good luck in the Pak

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Judge,

Like I said to Ranger, I felt like I was wearing white for the first goal. To answer your question, it's tough to say what might have transpired had we played on turf. We would have been missing young Keegan if we had played then, and Cainy felt it was important to have him in the lineup. Hind sight is always 20/20, but his choice was a logical one at the time in my mind also. If we played like we did today though, it wouldn't have mattered if we were playing on turf, grass, ice.....or any other substance.

Good luck next week.

The Judge

Oct 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dirty cnut,not likely I don't hang out in Pancho's.You shouldn,t beek off and mock me in mid week and not expect a hard tackle,you don't know me very well.As if I'm boasting about the foul.Maybe you should tell the ttpers about the elbow you tried to throw at me and the other fouls you where committingLike the "All Canadain Capped Defender"was throwing short jabs into you.It's okay too lose,you are a good player,but come on enough with the sulking

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by The Judge
Dirty cnut,not likely I don't hang out in Pancho's.You shouldn,t beek off and mock me in mid week and not expect a hard tackle,you don't know me very well.As if I'm boasting about the foul.Maybe you should tell the ttpers about the elbow you tried to throw at me and the other fouls you where committingLike the "All Canadain Capped Defender"was throwing short jabs into you.It's okay too lose,you are a good player,but come on enough with the sulking

Oh sorry, I thought you were boasting:rolleyes:

by beek off and mock are you referring to the friendly - I've known you for ten years "here comes the judge" - banter as you lads are walking off our training pitch that we gave you half of?.....does that warrant the "hard" tackle that your so proud of?
Come on man you were airborn going forward about 2 feet above the ball.
All class Gordo

The Judge

Oct 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh

Put another 10-15 min's in gordo it might make a difference,"oh here comes the judge ha ha".I think it did ,good luck in the BC"s;)

hubs

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Done lads.

Great game to watch fellas-both ways.

Aves, the tackle in the first few minutes of the game set the tone. Yes it was hard but sometimes that's football. They got you off your game. You are one of the best target men in terms of holding the ball up and shielding the ball. But the minute you started bitching your game suffered.

As a neutral observer I thought pau controlled most of the ball posession, but just couldn't get any shots as the Rangers defended well. A very intense game, great to watch.

Here is to hoping the Rangers decide to play up next year, making the league more exciting.

Good luck to pau,geu, rangers and ???? in the BC's. Do the valley proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0