Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup The Pakenham Cup 2003

Who will win the Pakenham Cup?

• Chilliwack FC

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Delta Highlanders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Surrey Sporting

• GN Sporting

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • GEU Black Knights

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • SFC Rangers

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Langley United FC "A"

• GEU Ultra

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Pegasus

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Langley Thunder

• Aldergrove United

• Poco City Dominion

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • North Delta United

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who's on first?

OK ya wee scouser now you're in my bad books. :mad: ;)
Scottish meat pies, kegs o' fun, and a tele for the Canucks game afterwards to watch.
Mind you we'd be watching you and your crew at GM place with faces like thoroughbreds trying to cheer the Canucks whilst crying in your beer.
Hey Skip - why the long face?
"Lost to the Rangers".
Wouldn't want to ruin your night out come to think of it. :D
What part of "show" do you lads not get?
We'll have to "show" you Sunday now I guess. :mad: :p
Ya wee ginger bastage.
Maybe next week when the game at Softnuts City is cancelled?
And another thing.......... ;)

Now, your fellow Countryman who sounds like a different Michael Cain, well, he should rename himself to "Classy Cokcney".
Cheers, :)
RF

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Lads

Sorry boys, believe me we want to play on the turf. Friday would have been great, Anytime Sunday would be fine, but Saturday UBC is holding a player id camp wich means we will miss a few lads, plus a few have a wedding, and loads have very expensive seats at the Canucks game:D Saturday just wasn't to be. There were no games at our park last week, There is none before ours this week, and we have moved the cat game at noon to a different field at noon. Our field drains very well, so I'm pretty sure it will be a go:D
NTG, I do appreciate you making the field available on Saturday. We feel we need our best against the Rangers, we have our sights on the cup, and we wouldn't have our full squad on Saturday. Again I appoligize but I have to do whats best for the team.
Game is as originally schedualed on Sunday at our home park

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Who's on first?

Originally posted by Rangerforever
Mind you we'd be watching you and your crew at GM place with faces like thoroughbreds trying to cheer the Canucks whilst crying in your beer.
Hey Skip - why the long face?
"Lost to the Rangers".

The cameras don't pan up high enough to catch our faces big fella :) . In fact, that sorry excuse for a Canuck mascot "Fin", can't even get those stupid rolled up t-shirts up to our level with that gawdamned rocket he uses!! :mad:

....but there's always the $8 pints!! :D

lfc

Sep 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those who care, and to put this to bed, Langley has officially forfeited the game to GEU. Unable to field a full squad this weekend.
Good luck.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sundays game

P A U vs RANGERS!
2:15 sunday in lovely south surrey.
This has been finalized.

GO RANGERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
lfc

That's exactly what i expected was going to happen. (Please see my last post).

GEU get's into the semi finals of the Pak cup without playing a game? Shocking to say the least.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This Sunday could be the end of a dynasty in the FVSL. Will this be the last game for the Rangers as a group before Master's? What will happen to those guys under the age of 35? Combine with the remaining Premier team to bring SFC back to respectability in the FVSL?

MilhouseisgladhecandrinkfromHighlandercooleronSundayatSSA.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda,

Come on man, think about all the issues here…

I can’t speak for everyone on the squad, but I can’t see anyone refusing to play. Personally, I was ready to go out no matter what. The same can likely be said for most of the guys. Nobody likes the situation, but if the league tells you you have to play, you pretty much have to play.

The problem is, we fielded a full team on the Sunday vs. Peg, and we still only had two subs. All the players lfc mentioned in a previous post that would be absent were playing that Sunday. My understanding is that there are still a couple of players beyond that out of town. Do the math.

This has nothing to do with Langley wanting to support Peg, or any political statement like that…more to do with the fact that guys thought the season was over, and made plans. Blame the league.

Heck, the only reason I’m in town is because I had decided to stick around and play in the Cat game against you.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Who's on first?

Originally posted by Skip

The cameras don't pan up high enough to catch our faces big fella :) . In fact, that sorry excuse for a Canuck mascot "Fin", can't even get those stupid rolled up t-shirts up to our level with that gawdamned rocket he uses!! :mad:

....but there's always the $8 pints!! :D

I guess you'll be enjoying the $4 Pepsis instead... and chasing them with the $3 bottles of water... wouldn't want to be parched for the big match.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Settle

Don't get your panties in a bunch.

I just meant that it didn't surprise me that they forfeited because most of the langley guys figured the season was over and probably have made other plans for thier sundays and you probably wouldnt' be able to field a team because of it.
Given the last time the two teams played you guys only had 1 or 2 subs, I didn't imagine you would have more this time around, especially after 2 weeks of sitting around.

In short, what I said about calling you guys to see if you even could field a team would probably have been a good idea from the start.

You stupid Vagina, now I'm pissed, you better hope TheRob get's to you first cuz I'm ready to bury you six feet under.

Yodaplayingthebackline:mad:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions:

1. Tie game, Rangers in PKs.
2. Yoda will still only be tall enough to reach my kneecaps on Sunday.

What's for lunch, Yoda?;)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Sorry Lads

Originally posted by cainy
Sorry boys, believe me we want to play on the turf. Friday would have been great, Anytime Sunday would be fine, but Saturday UBC is holding a player id camp wich means we will miss a few lads, plus a few have a wedding, and loads have very expensive seats at the Canucks game:D Saturday just wasn't to be.... Again I appoligize but I have to do whats best for the team.

OK - You've suffered enough. :D
A little known fact is last week on the Friday we couldn't get all our #'s out for the match.
As much as PAU wanted to play they graciously agreed to play the Sunday which, in turn, got cancelled.
As far as I'm concerned that's tit for tat and only fair.
Saturday would have been cool though boys.......;)

RFwithhisgamefaceon :mad:

:cool:

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF too much of a suck

Piss of RF.....you're not the poor bastard that got stuck on the hook for 5 dozen Scottish meat pies, and not too mention those 2 kegs of beer that were dropped off at my place. I mean what the hell am I going to do with those...err those...hmmmm....actually RF, I never received those kegs and if you get a bill for them the sod is lying...hopefully I'll see ya Sunday you ass kissing freek.

Go on the 'Gers !

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunday...

GEU vs ? has been cancelled this weekend. We will now sit for the 3rd straight week. From our perspective it is "bush" and ruining a good season for us. Injury recovery, maybe, but I thiink all would agree that you lose your edge after not playing a meaningful game for that long. :mad:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude

If that is where you are going. I'll give you a hint of what's for lunch on Sunday.

You remember that song by Tragically Hip a few years back? Little Bones?

:D

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Sunday...

Originally posted by bertrum
GEU vs ? has been cancelled this weekend. We will now sit for the 3rd straight week. From our perspective it is "bush" and ruining a good season for us. Injury recovery, maybe, but I thiink all would agree that you lose your edge after not playing a meaningful game for that long. :mad:

here's a thought...exhibition games:rolleyes:
there are a number of vmsl teams out of the imperial and waiting for the bc's.
We lost a valued midfielder for 3 yellows in our last game so you could avoid card trouble and still get a quality match in (you will have had 3 weeks...midweek game?)

an aside...carrying over (yellow)cards from the league into the pak doesn't make sense. We played 21 league games and one of our best guys was on 2 yellows after 21 league games...he picks up a card aginst the div 1 team we played in the first cup game and he has to sit our game this weekend because of it.
2 yellows after 21 games is not a case of someone out of control so this policy should be changed to reflect some common sense.

Some boys mentioned that in europe, the league and the champions league cards are separate.

avesisnotrunningfortheexec

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope PAU smash The celtics this weekend. The celtics, doing what they've done the last two years is an embarassment to us all. Lets prevent a 3 peat yo.
Pau 3- Celtz-1

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Sunday...

Originally posted by Aves
an aside...carrying over (yellow)cards from the league into the pak doesn't make sense. We played 21 league games and one of our best guys was on 2 yellows after 21 league games...he picks up a card aginst the div 1 team we played in the first cup game and he has to sit our game this weekend because of it.
2 yellows after 21 games is not a case of someone out of control so this policy should be changed to reflect some common sense.

I hate to admit it, but I agree with Aves... ;)

3 cards in a season is a joke... any player that wears his heart on his sleeve will undoubtedly get that many over the season.

I understand that the league wants cash from the fines... and that is ok. But dont force the teams to suffer by sitting players.

What they should do is FINE a player for having 3 cards, but not force him to sit until he has reached 6 cards.

This will allow the players to play, and the league to collect.

Fireduptowatchthebigmatchtomorrow

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exhibition Games

They did get an exhibition game in last week when the league couldn't sort out their shite fast enough, but I think the key word Bertrum used was "meaningful".

Exhibition games are great but we all know that they are never the same as a real cup game.

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
in agreement

In alot of cases I am not in agreement with pau lads, but in the case that Aves is pleading I am in agreement, due to the fact that not only myself but a few of our other lads face the same predicament with cards. The league bumps the game total to 21 games, rather than 18. In this league with how tight it was three extra games is alot, when dealing with cards. Especially the way refs hand out yellow cards:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

With the case of pau it is too bad that they will miss one of their mids, but I am sure you will see the other teams left in the cup with the same problem. Except for geu of course because we dont play cup games :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0