Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup The Pakenham Cup 2003

Who will win the Pakenham Cup?

• Chilliwack FC

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Delta Highlanders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Surrey Sporting

• GN Sporting

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • GEU Black Knights

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • SFC Rangers

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Langley United FC "A"

• GEU Ultra

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Pegasus

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Langley Thunder

• Aldergrove United

• Poco City Dominion

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • North Delta United

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NORTH DELTA 2. ALDERGROVE 1

Not a very pretty game, but we did enough to deserve the win. Aldergrove played very well and if they all stick together, they will do very well next season. Lots of youth and tons of piss and vinegar. These guys didn't stop running for 90 minutes.
Not sure who we play next round, but I guess we'll find out when the dust settles.

Cheers:rolleyes:

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Star, Raiguy etc.

Congrats on the win and good luck in the semi's........Provincials are loads of fun.

Sandman

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sort of lost in the shuffle here is the gutsy effort GN seems to have pulled off vs. Chilliwack. Everyone was saying earlier, "Let's see if you can do it when it counts." Seems like they pulled off, in my mind, a bit of an upset, given they didn't have a legit keeper.

Well done lads! Your team has really come around.

Hubs: not a lot of discussion on the topic last night, actually. Lots of drinking, lots of gambling, and lots of my money leaving in other people’s pockets. I'm probably of the same opinion as you: I'd prefer the FVSL do the right thing, and let Peg play. They deserve it. The league’s own constitution is ambiguous enough to have caused all this confusion anyhow. It seems even Pete Thomas (bless his heart, and his great suntan) verified what was thought to be a legit call-up (from Peg’s standpoint). Given no other options though, I wouldn't mind another Sunday of footy, even though the circumstances suck.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
Sort of lost in the shuffle here is the gutsy effort GN seems to have pulled off vs. Chilliwack. Everyone was saying earlier, "Let's see if you can do it when it counts." Seems like they pulled off, in my mind, a bit of an upset, given they didn't have a legit keeper.

Well done lads! Your team has really come around.

dude, thanks for the vote of confidence, but we really have nothing to be proud of yet, unless we win our semi-final match, and then qualify for the provincials, which would be awesome, after people wrote our team off even before the season started. oh well, we will give it our all in the semis and hopefully we come out on the winning end.

Dalglish

Sep 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can,
The Cat game between PAU and PoCo is now cancelled, so i would assume the PAU/Rangers game is cancelled too.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RANGERS vs P A U

The game will have to played on Sunday!
I would imagine it will be a 2:15 kickoff out in south surrey.
6 more sleeps till we meet the giants.
Please lads,go easy on us,it's not nice to pick on your elders.

:rolleyes:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: RANGERS vs P A U

Originally posted by coach
The game will have to played on Sunday!

Why not play it on the turf this Friday coach?? The forcast doesn't seem to be too forgiving this week, which may mean that the fields at South Surrey will be closed again. :(

P.S. It's the Rangers who are two time, and defending Champions.......and also coming off a convincing 7-0 win! I think it is YOU who should take it easy on us big fella. ;)

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Da Cup

The Pakenham Cup is now famous, not only for being the oldest cup still in competition, but also for its habit of getting lost.... It disappeared again after the 1965 competition. At that time, most of the Fraser Valley teams east of New Westminster played in a separate division of the Mainland League. A few Valley teams played in the Mainland League itself. The 1965 Cup Winners, Port Coquitlam, was one such team. When the Fraser Valley Soccer League was officially formed the same year, Port Coquitlam refused to switch over to the Valley League. When the Valley asked for the Cup to be returned for the 1966 competition, Port Coquitlam hid the Cup and rumored that the Pakenham Cup, had been stolen by vandals from the trophy case at the Commercial Hotel....In 1972, almost as mysteriously as it had disappeared, the Pakenham Cup reappeared. Recovered by Don March, who promptly returned it to the Valley. Arthur Pakenham, of Seattle, personally presented the Cup that year.
Quoted from the FVSL website

Well.......at least we don't have to worry about any thieving Poco bastards stealing the cup this year. :eek: :D

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good one skip!

Enjoyed that history lesson. Very cool story. Better yet no Poco to contend for the cup so it will remain in Delta;) for another year. I want to see a Sunday game, can't make a Friday tilt. Hope it happens. Prediction...Rangers 2 PAU 2 (Rangers in shootout).

:wa: :wa: :wa:

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
posted on the FVSL website

Game 12 Peace Arch United P Surrey FC Rangers D1 March 16.
Game 13 GEU Ultra P Surrey FC Pegasus P March 16.

looks like the SFC/ Langley game is finally sorted out.

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
game ???

I also see that the fvsl cup page shows geu playing sfc on March 16th, yet on the weekly schedule there is no sign of it. Does anyone know if this situation has been sorted. It has only been 10 days for a decision to be made:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Far From Over

Believe me, when I tell you that this is far from being over.

Expect the website to be updated tomorrow.....................;)

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0