Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League 2003 / 2004 Part I

Who will win the FVSL's Premier league?

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Sikh United

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • GN Sporting

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Aldergrove

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • North Delta Lions

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Delta United

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Chilliwack Rapids

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Langley United

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A big thanks from the Langley lads to the Chilliwack Rapids for hosting a great match. The pitch was top notch and the ball boys and announcers made it fun. Slaner was a little upset that he didn't have is own personal ball boy but that's a different story.
Thanks Aaron, Cam, Fred and all the others who put on such a great event. What a fun way to start the season
Cheers to the season, good luck to all!
PS. Thanks for the countless pitchers of beer

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Chilli/Langley

Originally posted by girth
So is Chilli a worse team this year or is Langley that good,I mean 4-0 that'squite a beating?

Langley got lucky.;)

We have lots of work yet.
We can't relax now, we have the defending champs next week.
We're taking one game at a time.
We're just going to give 110%, and hope for the best.
We can only control the things we can control.
We didn't know those supplements were banned.
We're innocent...the sex was consensual.

Cliché, cliché, cliché…

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude

Langley has no worries next week... You're +4 and we're -2... I'd say PAU have their hands full...

Puttingonmytrainersandgoingrunning,Guinness

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley...

Nukes.......your a punk! You will feel the wrath of GEU and former FVA players soon!:D

Any other significant signings besides Slane?

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Langley...

Originally posted by bertrum
Nukes.......your a punk! You will feel the wrath of GEU and former FVA players soon!:D

Any other significant signings besides Slane?

Slaner significant? The kid's got a big enough head without you calling him significant!
Nothing else really significant, (other than Dudes back) just a good bunch of guys on the same page. Makes the three pastings we took last year look worth while, although they still sting when brought up.

I to want to thank Chilliwack. Great atmosphere, something for us to strive for game nights. Not so sure we will want to return the score line though.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
debacle week #1

Just a few words about this weekend's outing, before letting the painful memories die.

A poor first effort by us on Sunday. First half was atrocious, and Delta took full advantage. The officiating was poor both ways, as Crafty stated earlier, but Sage's disallowed goal may have made a difference. Delta came back not 5 minutes after the questionable call, and scored, making it 2-0. We dug ourselves too big a hole to get out of I think, despite playing a Delta team that is definetly not at it's strongest.

I'm confident though, that the team will come around. One thing for certain, Langely are in for a battle this weekend! It would appear that the Langley team has turned a corner and improved greatly. We're not going to take them lightly.

thewakeupcallwillbeansweredthisweekend

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Langley...

Originally posted by LFC2
Slaner significant? The kid's got a big enough head without you calling him significant!
Nothing else really significant, (other than Dudes back) just a good bunch of guys on the same page. Makes the three pastings we took last year look worth while, although they still sting when brought up.

I to want to thank Chilliwack. Great atmosphere, something for us to strive for game nights. Not so sure we will want to return the score line though.

Damn right it's significant mate, anything to improve your sorry lot from last year is an upgrade.:eek:

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, seriously Skip, take them lightly. They stink.

And you Bert, no name calling eh....it hurts.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NAP Changerooms

Slivie:

Sorry about the changeroom escapade on Saturday.
Yes, Surrey FC runs the pavillion and changerooms.
However, for lack of a better word, we should be "lending" the changerooms to the FVSL.
Neil came in Friday night after our match to see if it could be done along with the lights.
Coach and I said, "No problem, we'll get it sorted."
We left a message with the appropriate people, but obviously a mis-communication occurred.
Only one changeroom could be used anyway that night as one is being used as storage, but still, we fcuked up.
I don't know how it will fare for the rest of the season as it is our club's responsibility and liability, and our club has had it's share of scraps with the FVSL, but hopefully arrangements can be made and agreed upon.

I should have come out Saturday to watch and make sure you were all taken care of.
I just couldn't get up the gumption to watch 90 minutes of boring PoCo fitba.......;)

Later skaters,

RF

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How does this work..

RF, Coach

Are you saying that we and every other team have to contact you for access to NAP for lights and change rooms prior to when we play SUFC at Newton or are they, ( SUFC ) or ( FVSL ) supposed to do it..:confused:

It really doesn't matter to me as long as I know the proceedure ahead of time.

Cheers

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bush League

These continuous issues regarding facilities is begining to become quite amusing... Really...:rolleyes:

Albion Park out in the Bush of Maple Ridge does not have Changerooms...
Mackie park apparently has facilities, but no one ever opens the little "match box" size changerooms there... (9 pm games during late Nov./early Feb.) :mad:
NAP, SFC vs FVSL fued will never end until Steven Page takes his horse and fcuks off...

WTF??? Why is it soo hard for people to just allow others to utilize the good facilities provided to the public??? We all pay enough in League and Club fees... Where the hell is the dosh going??? PAU have a good set up, same as Delta, Poco, Aldergrove and Chilliwack... (not sure if the Lions have anything set up)? Why can't every other team sort out their own shop and have the proper arrangements for the so called "Premier" League in the Fraser Valley??? Maybe there is a reason we get a bad rap for being a "Bush" League??? I think our fields are top notch, but it appears too much to ask for a shower and a dry place to get your kit on before and after a match??? :( SHITE!!!

The FVSL is now basically run as a "Friday Night" League... If so, there needs to be facilities to accomidate guys travelling anywhere between 20 and 80kms... The little extra things go a long way...

One Guinness (of many) opinion.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NAP, SFC vs FVSL fued will never end until Steven Page takes his horse and fcuks off...
Guinness,

In a nutshell, shut your yap. What does the club chairman have to do with this issue? He's been in Greece for the last 10 days!

From what I know, your league only asked to sort out fields at NAP until 2 days before he left, ie, about 10 days before the start of the season.

With the history between the league and the chairman, I'm surprised that 1) the league even asked; and 2) the chairman said yes :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a moan...

It was the first Saturday evening game not involving the Rangers in years, and it sounds like somebody forgot to get a key. Big deal. I'm sure SUFC will get it figured out.

Fcuking hell...move on!:rolleyes:

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
LANG-PAU

Guiness and other PAU members,

SUNDAY 12 NOON Brown Road Park 240 and 50ish.

Due to the turf being late we will be playing home games at Brown Road at 12 Noon on Sundays preceeded by the CAT game.
That is what the township could give us at the last minute. This will likely affect whomever we have week 4 at home as well, but from there it will be Fridays on the turf. We are trying to work something out with youth for a 8 Kick off, but as it stands it will be 9. At least we have change rooms, still working on something to sit on though.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Regs
Guinness,

In a nutshell, shut your yap. What does the club chairman have to do with this issue?

Cheers,

~Regs.

Who said anything about a club chairman??? I was talking about the lead singer of the Barenaked Ladies!!!:rolleyes:

In a nutshell, I'll keep giving my opinion if others can post as they please... Sorry Slappy, the grass is green, let's play ball... (If they open the changerooms that is):D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Off topic...

If Next to God is in Greece, I wonder if that creates a dilema. There must be dozens of Greek Gods to choose from...to be next to...sort of speak.

If I had to chose a God, it'd be Aphrodite...she's a hottie. So sexy in that toga.

I need to get laid.

On topic: KNVB's a Cnut.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NAP Changerooms

I agree with Dude, and like RF said it was a little misunderstanding......nothing significant to get your knickers in a knot over.

I left after the final whistle, but I believe a rep from SFC did come down and opened them after the game. I hope it will get cleared up between the league and the respective parties before the next home game.

RF - If there is anything that SUFC management needs to do to secure the use of the rooms then please let us know and we can proceed accordingly. You can PM me or burkee&nonis any info.

Big T:cool:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by LFC2
240 and 50ish.

What the fcuk have I got to do with a match between Langley and Peace Arch? :D

Dude: Your posts are very witty these days, I must say. :cool:

Guinness: Please man, bringing NTG into talks like this, unprovoked, paints me into awkward corners mate. I'd prefer if you didn't sometimes sonno. OK?

Crafty/Big T: I don't know exactly what the deal is on protocol as it is very infant at this stage. Also, NTG is out of town, but Coach is in charge of the men's program and is the liason for the FVSL and the Club. The field and the lights are definitely a done deal, I would imagine the only issue is changeroom use. For what it's worth, Coach and I have very deep roots in the FVSL and for the sake of the local game feel we should do our part in sharing of resources with other clubs.
We are talking about a stupid fcuking game, knocking around a piece of inflated leather, that is all of our passion after all.
Like I said, I'm sure something will be worked out.
Yeeesh.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude
Off topic...

If Next to God is in Greece, I wonder if that creates a dilema. There must be dozens of Greek Gods to choose from...to be next to...sort of speak.

If I had to chose a God, it'd be Aphrodite...she's a hottie. So sexy in that toga.

I need to get laid.

On topic: KNVB's a Cnut.

Dude,

If Turkey attacked Spain from the rear, do think Greece would help..?:D

Cheers

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Relax

RF, sometimes we all need to read, enjoy and move on... It is not neccessary to feel awkward or sheepish... No big dig anywhere other than the flying horse reference!!!:D
Guinness: Please man, bringing NTG into talks like this, unprovoked, paints me into awkward corners mate. I'd prefer if you didn't sometimes sonno. OK?
I was merely referring back to posts made by NTG documenting his fued with the League and it's representatives... I did not post anything untrue or falsely accuse... He posted with bitterness and wanted the whole world to know how he felt... Point was made... At least everyone knows who I'm reffering to when I speak of Enid...
That said, why is it always like walking on egg shells around here when anyone post something that is in the direction of a "certain someone" that can shoot his mouth off, hold grudges, point fingers and constantly accuse others of wrong doing against him personally and the club he and many here are affiliated with??? Am I way off base here??? If so sorry... I am just speaking the truth and while it may make a few individuals on the site somewhat uncomfortable, that is not the purpose...;)

Hopefully everything gets resolved regarding the changeroom issue and SUFC can enjoy the beautiful facility @ NAP...

Cheers, Guinness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0