Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League 2003 / 2004 Part I

Who will win the FVSL's Premier league?

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Sikh United

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • GN Sporting

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Aldergrove

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • North Delta Lions

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Delta United

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Chilliwack Rapids

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Langley United

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 Months of Pre-Season Training

Originally posted by Yoda
Neither team really looked their best tonight understandable though being the first game of the season.

Yoda, I thought GEU did try-outs in June/July, how could they not be prepared with all that training time, or has all that mid-summer training gone for not?

hos
Great first result for Langley, I took them in the pool.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude
Clarrification: he had two, but also set another up. Andrew Slane with one and a helper or two, and Rob Giesbrecht with the other.

Thanks for the "clarification", I actually had Slainer penciled in as the goal scorer but the Chilli announcer said Dino......I took his word over mine since he's a pro and all....

The pitch has to be one of the nicest in the valley.

(Yes they had an anouncer and some chilliwack ball boys at this fine event)....

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS

As i mentioned to Showtime who was nice enough to make the trip out to the game, that's when the tryouts where held, but did we say anywhere that we were practicing together everyweek right after that? No.

We just picked the team then.

memyselfandi

Sep 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
21 games last year without a shutout for Langley. I know its early but the team looks good. One of the nicest fields I have ever played on in the Wack. One of the perks of playing in the Valley I suppose.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda

Thanx for the clarification Yoda, i'll add that to my notes:rolleyes:
Pau are looking forward to our first game, we have lost a few guys, and picked up a few guys, so it will be interesting to see how we will gel. Unfortunately I won't be able to contribute due to a fairly serious injury, I picked up at the West Burn tourney :mad:
Slaney will be an excellent pick up for Langley, he was very good for us a couple years ago, however don't let him around your children:eek: definatley don't shake his hand after the long drive from Chilliwack to your practices, he has a terrible masturbation problem:D
GN and GEU draw:p
Crafty Hibee is signed sealed and delivered, but is Grievesy over there?:(

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NO PAU PLAYERS

Originally posted by cainy
Crafty Hibee is signed sealed and delivered, but is Grievesy over there?:(

No sign of Grievesy over here mate...

I got bored on Friday and decided to do a little trawling with the Hibee story. I had a few bites and then bang!,hooked into a 200lb + Ranger Fish which beat my previous 154lb Halibut in the Charlottes last August.;) :D

See ya Sunday

Cheers:D

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco vs SUFC

Poco 3 - SUFC 0

Good game but Poco was the better squad for most of the game. They went up 2 - 0 on a couple of quick goals(10 ', 15' ??) as a result of some mistakes by our backline. We seem to calm down after that, but a lot of play was still in our end but no real good chances.

Our squad came out with some jump in the second half and more posession for the first 25 or so but no real chances. Poco defense was solid and fast. Poco added a 3rd with about 10 to go and had some more great chances, but our keeper made at least 3 outstanding saves.

I think it was a good debut for our team....with a few more key signings to play in the next couple of weeks. The team needs to play together a little more and it showed at times with some misqueues and disorganization. That will come with time, but defintely a positive start. Playing one of the better squads in the valley was a real test for us and it showed us where we need to be in order to compete week in week out.

Big T:cool:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Poco vs SUFC

Originally posted by Big T
Poco 3 - SUFC 0
Poco defense was solid and fast.
Solid yes but fast? Big T unless things have changed they have one of the older d-fence lines in the league.They play good d-fence as a unit but fast? Maybe I'm wrong?

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Poco vs SUFC

Originally posted by girth
Solid yes but fast? Big T unless things have changed they have one of the older d-fence lines in the league.They play good d-fence as a unit but fast? Maybe I'm wrong?

Yes girth believe it, our starting d will be probably one of the fastest in the league. Poco has lost some great players the last 2 years including maybe our best defender{if he plays all year} and in my opinion the best player in the league last year but we just keep finding good players to fit in. We had 5 rookies that played {18,19,19,21,22}. Three starit on midfield and played a great game. It was a solid start but Im not fooling myself, we need to get some players back if we are going to win the league....

Gn vs geu tie :D Whos the new defender for geu? I think he wore #4.. He looks like he could be a good pick up for geu.
Just what you guys needed another big , strong , quick defender.:(
A young blonde asked her doctor if he could remove a large piece of wax from her naval.The doctor aske "how did this happen"?
She replied "My boyfried insists on eating by candlelight."

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today's Scoreline

PAU 0 - Delta 2

I'll let the PAU fella's say how the game actually went.

But dont' beleive the offside whining. They were clearly correct calls.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU vs Delta

PAU nil Delta 2. PAU not looking good at this point. Slow and plump were words expressed on the sidelines. Delta took it to them for the first 70 minutes. PAU put some pressure on in the last 20. 1 or 2 goals called back from offsides. Unlucky Cainy and friends. :D

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions

4-1 win, looked bad in the first 15, but fought through the rest of the frist 45 to come out 1-0, scored a couple on good transition plays, we should be alright once we get a few more players as well

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Charity Shield - PAU 0 DELTA 2

This years Charity Shield game went to us in a game at the end of the day we thouroughly deserved. Two goals in the first half sealed the deal for us as the PAU lads were definetely not firing on all cylinders today. Our midfield won the battles when it mattered and our defence held tight. Just the start we wanted, but PAU can and will play better.

Congrats to Bertrum & Snowman for getting it right.. ;)

Cheers

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Today's Scoreline

PAU 0 - Delta 2

I'll let the PAU fella's say how the game actually went.

But dont' beleive the offside whining. They were clearly correct calls.

We were the shits, in the first half anyways, but for the record - our first goal was on no doubt...the linesman bottled that call.:confused: But we were still down 2 after the half so no excuses. In the second half we could have scored a few.
It's a long season, and the boys will have to respond in kind.
Next week's match vs. upstart Langley (a few ex teammates) should provide the necessary focus.

no wire to wire this year!

burkee&nonis

Aug 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
POCO 3 - SUFC 0

A well deserved victory for the boys from POCO. We started the game on our heels but showed a lot of heart and grit as the game went on.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are teams from Surrey FC the only ones allowed to use the change rooms at Newton Athletic Park?

We show up on Saturday evening to play Sikh United to find that nobody has access to the change rooms, every body has to change outside in the rain. WTFUWT?

As for the game, decent first game for Sikh United. They are missing a few players but should do ok in premier.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Sliver
Are teams from Surrey FC the only ones allowed to use the change rooms at Newton Athletic Park?

We show up on Saturday evening to play Sikh United to find that nobody has access to the change rooms, every body has to change outside in the rain. WTFUWT?

Hey sliver,

I was talking to Neil Fuge during the game and he said the change rooms were supposed to be open and there was some miscommunication within SFC.....the lights were also a little late in coming on as well.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Close Call

Hey Crafty,

How far was that ball off the sideline?
Was it that much or THAT much?
:D

Maybe if half your team wasn't standing on the touch line the ref might have been able to call it.

Mind you it was the same linesman that called that speculative offside on Sage.

It was a little odd that there was a defenseman to the left of him when he potted the goal.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Close Call

Hey Crafty,

How far was that ball off the sideline?
Was it that much or THAT much?
:D

Maybe if half your team wasn't standing on the touch line the ref might have been able to call it.

Mind you it was the same linesman that called that speculative offside on Sage.

It was a little odd that there was a defenseman to the left of him when he potted the goal.

No, No, No, it was at least THAT much.!!;)

I think the shite officiating calls were even. No complaints. You win some and you lose some. Obviously the calls had more impact on the outcome of this game in our favour, but that could all change as early as next week.

Sage's goal in the first half looked good to me, but what the fukc do I know. ;)

Cheers for your support on Sunday..:D

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilli/Langley

So is Chilli a worse team this year or is Langley that good,I mean 4-0 that'squite a beating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0