Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League 2003 / 2004 Part I

Who will win the FVSL's Premier league?

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Sikh United

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • GN Sporting

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Aldergrove

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • North Delta Lions

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Delta United

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Chilliwack Rapids

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Langley United

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Off topic: Dude, it's spelt Snufalufagus... i checked.
On topic: Crafty, we need points... can you investigate to see if we get any freebies? :rolleyes:

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough luck for Alderbush...kind of unfair if he's been playing this whole time and the team gets punished for all the games. In my humble opinion, forfeit the first points and let him play the rest. After all, it was 3 yellows and not a red card.

That being said, if he is inelligible until he sits one, could Alterboys (i mean aldergrove ) play him this weekend...then PAU would be guaranteed a win...:wa: :wa: :wa:

Banks

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
grove to lose 3pints

Feel for the Grove players.Mgmt has to feel bad about this.Guess there is more to it than signing the roster and bringin the oranges.:D Lesson learned,3 points earned,scratch that,gift wrapped!:wa:

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: grove to lose 3pints

Originally posted by Banks
Feel for the Grove players.Mgmt has to feel bad about this.Guess there is more to it than signing the roster and bringin the oranges.:D Lesson learned,3 points earned,scratch that,gift wrapped!:wa:

Merry Christmas Baby (Guinny, that was for you)

:wa: :bronco: :wa: :bronco: :wa: :bronco: :wa: :bronco: :wa:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Doubtful

Originally posted by Big T
The way i see it , if he played against Poco and then sat against GEU he is legal for the SUFC game. However if he didn't sit out GEU and played against SUFC then he would be illegal.

If you guys would of just beat Alderbush in the first place I wouldn't of wasted my time reading 3 pages and counting on this matter;)

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Re: Doubtful

Originally posted by girth
If you guys would of just beat Alderbush in the first place I wouldn't of wasted my time reading 3 pages and counting on this matter;)

hey girth, tell the truth, your mom read you the 3 pages as a bed time story.....nighty night !! :D

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
more games cancelled????

any other games tomorrow night postponed due to the weather?? I guess the only good thing about the turf when weather gets like this:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley Turf

Well,

I was actually naive enough to think that out of 4 LUFC teams that have access to the turf Thursday, there would be enough guys for a kick about. Sure it's wet, but it wasn't that cold. No chance. The new Langley turf had a good 2 inches of water covering 70% of the surface. The parts where turf appeared visible, one step on that area told you it was waterlogged.

It appears that the new Langley turf has the same drainage problems as the old oval grass field. Not sure it last night was a fair test, mind you. If it stops raining this morning for the full day, I'm sure the drainage will kick in, but not sure if it will be enough for KO.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing is draining right now Dude. I'm sure the drainage is fine. That being said, the rain isn't supposed to stop so don't count on a match tonight.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Becoming regularity at NAP

Locked changerooms, locked field and no phone call...
5 of PAU's lads travel from downtown in the pissing rain to stand under the concession cover and debate what the hell hapened this time??? The lights are on, but no one is home!!! Every light in the facility was on except in the locked changerooms and closed concession... AGAIN, Shoc-king!!! :rolleyes:

Theturfdidn'thaveastitchofwateronit:( :mad:

OK, feel free to insert all of your comical slags below.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I knew it! :mad:

Guinness: did you take a walk out on the pitch? Seriously, could you have played?

I'm not kidding: if we had sub zero temps for about 6 hours, Municipal could be converted to an outdoor rink. There was that much water.

Fcuk...part of the allure of turf is DRAINAGE during bad weather. I really, really hope that this is just a matter of there being so damn much rain...but hearing NAP was playable is frustrating.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco's practice was cancelled last night. Our turf field apparently was also completely under water.

Not suprised though, played a game last year on that turf field with huge puddles everywhere.

What's the drainage at Mackie like?

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Turf unplayable, what the fcuk!

Dude, Nukes and the rest of the Langley lads if your brand new turf field is under water that's just pathetic don't you think. I don't know how much your District payed or how much it's costing local tax payers but the idea of turf is it's supposed to be "all weather". I'd be pissed if I was you guys! I know we've had a fair bit of rain but I've never heard of an all weather field being unplayable after only one day of heavy rain.

Were is the new turf field anyways and is there any changerooms? The GEU lads I know would appreciate an early call if the field is unplayable that way we can get an early start at the pub!:D

Apparently Langley turf isn't the only "all weather pitch" with drainage problems. How much are the engineers from these districts getting paid anyways? I know out in God's country in Mission at our new sports park something like that would never happen!:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm close by and will swing down to check it out after lunch.

Yeah...a little pissed. Even the school field next to the turf looked a lot better. Again, I hope it is simply a matter of the drainage not kicking in yet. Afterall...this is the first test of any kind.

How does your facility hold up under something like this? I know that playing is out of the question, but there are lots of great grass pitches around that seem to be able to soak up anything. Unwin in Surrey comes to mind. NAP was always quite good.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I won't be to upset just yet guys, the bloody gravel at Cloverdale was even closed last night and that shite never closes, ask Guinness. Go ahead, ask him...

Building an ark, KNVB

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Millsy, I believe we got a really good deal on the turf/surf. Anyway, it is located at the same place where we played our home games last year. It is right down by the Langley airport and the High School, it has the track around it..etc. And yes, we do have changerooms, no showers though. Whether we will want to throw more water on ourselves is still in question. We might keep your changeroom locked just for fun, I believe there are some baseball dugouts nearby that you could dress in.
Hopefully we'll be playin:bronco:

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB, do you mean to tell me that some of those VMSL teams lower their standards and still play on gravel? How peasant-like!

By the way.................ah, why bother.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by knvb
I won't be to upset just yet guys, the bloody gravel at Cloverdale was even closed last night and that shite never closes, ask Guinness. Go ahead, ask him...

Building an arch, KNVB

The edit option can't save you this time.

What kind of arch? Golden Arch? Or, perhaps, a Peace Arch?

:D

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco v. 'Grove

I'm not to sure if I'm all that happy with the leagues decision, if it's true Aldergrove played a suspended player, to give Poco the points. To me it seems like your penalizing all the other teams in the division by giving Poco the points. Aldergrove did not play a nonroster (ringer) player so it does not seem like they were trying to gain an advantage that way. I don't know what the answer is in these situations but a starter would be to at least take the points from Aldergrove. I mean giving the points to Poco when they lost the game to an Aldergove team using players from their roster doesn't somehow sit right. We all play games with or without some players and you win some and lose some. I realize the rules are the rules but if it costs a team a place in their division what then? What if the decision game down after the last game of the year?

This is not sour grapes but I believe something similar happened last year and there was quite a stink raised. Obviously we will be knocked out of first place and I don't think that would sit well with anybody. Opinions anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0