Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’ve been thinking long and hard about why they lost. I did everything in my power: avoided sitting on my little white couch, AND bet on the Wings (I lost that bet though…I bet that the Wings would win by 3. That ugly power remains true:mad:.)

The only thing I can determine is that Dude-Where’smycar? Jr. was sitting on the little white couch last night, watching the game with me. I must have somehow passed on my awesome powers to him. My buddy suggested tying him to the coffee table; that way he can’t affect the game. But I don’t know…that seems so inhumane. I think a leash would be fairer. That way he can sort of run around in circles, and get some exercise.

Dilemma:

Love for Canucks…love for my own flesh and blood… love for Canucks… love for my own flesh and blood …

Dad always told me I’d have to make some of my toughest decisions as a father.
:(

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I must say that I am not surprised that we didn't win last night..........that said we still look to be in good shape.

Hasek was great last night and was on a mission right from the morning skate apparently:mad: These two teams are pretty evenly matched, with the three wins going to the team that got the better goaltending on the day.

The Wings can be had but Cloutier is the key (obviously). He was starting to frustrate them (at least it looked that way to me) but when that goal went in you could almost hear what they were saying on the bench........and then Shannahan's one through the five hole gives them even more. BUT I think we will bounce back with a strong performance Tuesday and if we get the bounces could get the important home result. But if not we have to take the positive that we are going to make them travel twice more across the continent and hopefully continue to wear them down!

Great to see Bert hammering Chelios but he has to keep his cool and stay out of the box. At 4v4 he is the most dangerous guy we have so no matter who he takes with him it hurts us more.

Lastly we need to be the team falling into the goalie, not Maltby and the Wings........got to keep getting to Hasek and get him off his game.

Glad to see that the lads haven't stumbled off the wagon here.....great to see and hear.

John

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh well...

Canucks have to move on and forget about this game.

Cloutier shite the bed. Other BETTER goalies have done that before...Clouts will be fine.

Canucks couls have tied it up but Hasek shut the door.

Move onto game four, where the series WILL be decided.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nucks

The Wings are to good of a team to be swept but nonetheless they will lose in 5 just like I've been predicting all along:D

Hasek decided to show up last night(bastard):mad:

The Nucks did play good enough to win,Big Bert is a monster,loved that scrunching hit on Chelios behind the net.

The Nucks will WIN the next game and squash any hopes the wings gained last night.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’ve been thinking long and hard about why they lost.
By the way, I forgot to mention that last night was my fault. The house was too hot so I took off my lucky 'nucks sweatshirt. I won't let it happen again.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I look at it this way.

Detroit played an excellent game. Strong defensively, cut off the passing lanes, and clogged up the neutral ice. Created quality chances and had excellent penalty killing.

And they won 3-1.

If the 'Nucks had been blown to the tune of four or five buzz (like what happened to Carolina, or Chicago), there might be that "oh crap, Detroit is ready to play now" feeling amongst the team.

Despite Detroit's strong game, the Canucks were in contention for the full 60. If you take away Cloutier's blunder on the Lidstrom goal, its a 2-1 game, with Bertuzzi missing a penalty shot and Jovo not connecting on an open net off the rebound.

Bounces simply went the other way last night. Hasek's save off Naslund in the third - he doesn't even see the puck, and it's within inches of slipping under his arm and into the back of the net. But that's the kind of goaltending you expect from Hasek - pulling saves out of his arse.

Crawford might have to switch things up to get Naslund going in the near future. He's been rather quiet in the first three games - I don't know whether he may juggle the lines, or keep the lines together and try some different matchups now that he has the last change. Either or.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh no...not again...

Crawford must have sprouted a couple of new grays last night, watching Bert go in on that peno. Poor guy...team Canada, now this. I knew that thing wasn't going in before Bert started. Nothing against Bert, but Hasek is the best- bar non- on breakaways.:(

I'm sure that triggered a couple of old, recessed nightmares for coach Crow.
:D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
who is the ugliest

That was Hasek's 5th penalty shot against in the Stanley Cup playoffs. The only one to score on him was the ugliest player in the League.....can anybody guess? He is a leaf & Looks similar to Frankenstein...........

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think he may have let one in this year...but to be honest, I wasn't really paying attention to the all-stars this year.

On a serious note: I'm a little ashamed to be a Canucks fan right now. Last night, there were two incidences that turned me sour:

1. During the moment of silence we had for our lost soldiers, a lot of fans ignored it, and hooted and hollered throughout the minute.

2. Some absolute classless fans "booed" the US anthem.

The minute of silence thing can be forgiven, because the building was so loud at that point, a lot of people may not have heard the announcement. But booing the anthem? Any anthem? Completely classless. And before you pipe up Fastshow, I'd feel the same way if fans booed the English anthem too. Hell, even the Croatian anthem.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Terra Cards

Is there peoples out there that know of the black majic?

A FRIEND visited a Palm reader or Terra Card reader the other day, and asked how the Canucks would do in the Play-offs.

The cards were then laid done on the table, and this is what the lady had to say.

The Canucks would win the first two away games in Detroit, the Red Weings would then come to Vancouver and win game three, with a major injury to a Vancouver player in the Game.

The Nucks would end up winning the series in 6 games.

I have not heard of any injuries to the Nucks yet, unless you count Cloutiers pride, talk to Osgood, but who could predict the Nucks win two on the road.

She also said that Bronco would score a cracker on the weekend.

HOSseesdeadpeople:confused:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS

I think you mean Tarrot Cards...

terra, would be, or have to do with, the earth

Captain,

Fcuking flyers are costing me money:mad:

Maybe you can suit up for them and score a goal.
:mad:

Go Canucks/Habs Go.

Canucks will win tonight 4-2
(so bet on the wings:( )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0