Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whew, close one!

Interesting dilemma last night. Johnny Brown and Troy Wood see me in the mile long lineup inside the can at GM place after the game is over. I recognize "that" look in JB's face.

We're talking and laughing bout the game and then all of a sudden Brownie's staring at me and I know what he's going to say, :( "Chelios!" It's Chris Chelios! Everybody look, Chelios is in the bathroom. Get him! Knock him into the walls! Kill him. Kill him! "
Everyone turns around and stares. Now, remember there were some very drunk, very rowdy fans there last night. I witnessed a few scraps in the stands. Chelios is enemy number 1 to Canuck fans. I was getting some pretty ugly stares. Nothing happens and then I finally get to the urinal. Brownie starts in again. "It's Chelios. He's pissing in our can." Rock him! Nail him! It was the longest piss of my life.

Brownie, a Surrey FC Ranger, is very funny, but I think I'm going to have to kill him next time I see him. :p

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's a couple of observations TheRob made last night.

-no matter what Cloutier says, that goal from centre has killed his confidence. I thought all three goals were pretty soft, especially the third. He flopped like the Cloutier of old. I hope he bounces back before it's too late.

-Bertuzzi is starting to play like the Bert of old. Detroit has done a great job on him.

-if anyone sees Markus Naslund, can you ask him what he was up to last night? Just curious as to why he wasn't at the game.:rolleyes:

-if Hull and Federov ever get going, it's going to get ugly. the Wings are winning on the strength of two or three guys.

-when are the refs going to start calling diving?

Any thoughts from anyone? Except you Apprentice. Go play in your Habs thread.:mad:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
classic...

Another thumping great yarn, Balls. Instead of killing Johnny Brown, why not simply tell his brother that he is the reason the DJ in Kamloops won't play any Leppard? That should do the trick.

Go Canucks Go.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TR,

Some good observations for sure........and while you are looking for Naslund if you spot Morrison, or Hlavac ask them the same questions?

I do think Bertuzzi is playing great but he is getting frustrated at the lack of calls that HE SHOULD BE GETTING! Chelios and others are slashing away at him and it is ugly.........now I don't think they should be called but if they are going to call shite like goalie interference when you take the puck to the net then you have to expect they are going to call everything:(

Cloutier is rattled.......the third goal reminded me of the one in Game 1 vs Colorado last year on Dury, way too aggressive and it cost him.

All that said I think we need to realize that we are heading into a Game 5 all tied up.........and at the start of the series we ALL would have taken that hands down!

Lastly I have heard on the radio that the Nucks should be going after Yzerman more..............can't say that I like trying to hurt someone on purpose but I do think we need to be way harder on him!

John

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets not give up hope

The series is tied at 2 and they did take 2 off them at the Joe Louis.The boys in my eyes are actually taking it to the Wings but are not creating some good scoring chances.The big line is getting a bit frustrated but so would anyone if they were getting pummeled shift in and shift out.Lets keep the faith and not write them off so quickly.

GO NUCKS GO

2pallini

Apr 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We absolutly have to hit stevie Y .

Originally posted by john
TR,

Some good observations for sure........and while you are looking for Naslund if you spot Morrison, or Hlavac ask them the same questions?

I do think Bertuzzi is playing great but he is getting frustrated at the lack of calls that HE SHOULD BE GETTING! Chelios and others are slashing away at him and it is ugly.........now I don't think they should be called but if they are going to call shite like goalie interference when you take the puck to the net then you have to expect they are going to call everything:(

Cloutier is rattled.......the third goal reminded me of the one in Game 1 vs Colorado last year on Dury, way too aggressive and it cost him.

All that said I think we need to realize that we are heading into a Game 5 all tied up.........and at the start of the series we ALL would have taken that hands down!

Lastly I have heard on the radio that the Nucks should be going after Yzerman more..............can't say that I like trying to hurt someone on purpose but I do think we need to be way harder on him!

John
:) :eek: :)

2pallini

Apr 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stick To The Basics?

The Canucks have to start to play simple.Dump the puck in the corner and forcheck the old basterds.Keep all four lines going and get them tired.The #1 thing the canucks have to keep doing is shooting on net.I was at the game last night and we were have trouble hitting Hasek.Only good thing happen when you hit the net.

Momentum has shifted boys,but now we have to lift are 2Pallini's and get back in the driver seat.

GO Canucks GO!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Band wagon, welcoming wagon... it's all the same here.

2pallini,

Brilliant first post... we need more of that around here.

Welcome to TTP :rolleyes:

~TB

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still in it...

If we get the breaks that we got in the first two games (which came from shooting the puck at the net) they the lads can pull it out... I agree that Hull and Fedorov haven't got going yet, but neither have Nazzy or Morrison...

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone else hear the rant Burkey just had down at GM Place? Absolutely brilliant and tells his team that he is doing his part! I don't know what effect it will have on the refs but it did work for Milbury last night!

John

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
H-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e

It interesting considering the fact that it completely flies in the face of what he told Ron McLean on CBC Sunday night.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah I heard that too........but I think after watching Baron get a penelty for a bodycheck, and Bertuzzi for skating near Hasek with the puck I might have changed my mind as well. The Yzerman goal on Sunday, when he bumped Cloutier, was more of a penelty than the ones that were called last night, especially when you factor in the fact that Yzermans created a better scoring chance.

I hope that it doesn't become an excuse for the Nucks. I think he felt the team needed some standing up for and he also takes some of the focus away from the team and players themselves and puts it on him, for a day anyways! Kinda like Gretzky at the Olympics!!!!!!!

We still look to be in good shape but need to get a couple of breaks, have Cloutier regain his confidence and maybe some work on the PowerPlay and we should be fine:cool:

Johnwhoisstillonthebandwagon

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1 person

Ron McLean was obviously not watching the Canuck game last night. He thought the refereeing was great last night.

Steven Walkom was atrocious. He called three aweful penalties.

1. Murray Baron's holding penalty. Sure he got a hold on the guy but it's no different than when a guy falls on another player on the ice and lays on him for a couple minutes. They never call that!

2. Bertuzzi's High stick. Can't remember who it was on but the guy lifted Bertuzzi's stick into his own face and then sold it to the Walkom. Suckered him in good.

3. And finally the goaltender interfence on Bertuzzi was unquestionably the worst call I have seen in the playoffs so far.

If the Canucks are going to win this series they need to request another referee besides Walkom.

0-2 when Walkom refing.

I think they need to go back to 1 referee and get rid of all these young guys who shouldn't be refing in the playoffs.

justoneyodasopinon.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda

Good link!!!:D I've heard bits of it on the radio today,but not the full interview... Must belong to the top organization within TTP that has the capability of knocking out any member of the laim ducts known as the nWo!!!;)

GO CANUCKS GO!!!
and...
nWo smell like pooh!!! :rolleyes:

2pallini

Apr 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burke!!

Hey boys,the newest member here on takethepiss.com.You gotta love Burke's move to get the media away from talking about his team.He is one of the best GM's Vancouvers ever had.He took a page out of The Great One's book and I think its going to work.Look for Naslund to step up his game tomorrow.You guys can't argue CANUCKS in 7.

Love it or leave it I'll take no @%&^# crap

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was out of town yesterday, so I couldn’t put in my daily Canucks post.

Here’s what I think of Burke’s rant: rhetorical, and very timely. He’s lobbying the refs to keep a closer eye on his stars, while also telling them not to be so easily bought for Hasek’s shameful soccer diving. Fcuk…that shite makes me sick! Fcuking soccer players!
:rolleyes:

Like everyone has been saying, if it helps buy Nasy and Bert just a little bit of room, it will be all worth it. I think it will also help provide the ‘Nucks with another spark. The bonus would be if the officials give Hasek an unsportsmanlike penalty the next time he dives…as highly unlikely as that would be.

And, I hate to say it…but someone needs to mug Yserman. You know what I mean. Where’s a young Bobby Clark when you need him…
:mad: :eek:

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another move that the Nucks made yesterday, though minor and maybe insignificant but a good one in my opinion, was they flew to Windsor Ontario instead of Detroit and went straight to Jovo's parents who had a catered meal for the team...........and Jovo himself had no idea! First class and I am sure the guys had a good time and were able to not think about the last two losses for a couple of hours and kept the players away from the media!

Should be a great game tonight, and I think the Nucks will be just fine. No matter what we need to win Game 6 or, that will be the big pressure game........tonight Detroit HAS to win.

John

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burke's best points

“I was their boss for five years and I think they're a group with real integrity and character, and I don't normally complain about officiating, but the respect gap here now is absurd as the payroll gap is.”
“Our goaltender can be identified by the large pads and mask that he wears. He's also the goaltender on the ice that does not dive when he gets brushed.
Bravo for coming out and making their concerns known. But, as I mentioned before, he looks a bit whiney after making his stand on CBC, Sunday. Hope it works, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0