Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So this just in......Ruutu is in and Hvlac is out!

So who do yah think he goes after first........Yzerman, Chelios, Lidstrom, or Hasek?

John

my money is on Yzerman!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's a good move. Hlavac has done nothing, and Rutuu can agitate.

I predict his helmet gets knocked off seven times tonight. I'd put money on it.:D

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your on

TheRoberto

I'll take the under in that bet!

If I win, a case of MGD(Bottles only)go my way!

If you win I'll buy you 12 of those fruity Bartle and James things you like:)

He will bring some tenacity to the match,but hoping he wont do something stupid to hurt the team.

GO CANUCKS GO

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good move!

Jan Hlavac has been losing all the battles. Even when he gets to the puck first, he gets fought off almost immediately. He thinks he can puck handle into traffic every time he has the biscuit too.

In cases like this, I think it would be worth 10 to give Stevie (bless his good Canadian soul) Yserman a severe charliehorse, or perhaps just a little broken bone.

After all, these are the playoffs!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not 100% Confirmed

Hlavac is Out...

There is talk of a guy by the name of Ryan Ready??

something like that....

may draw in instead of Ruutu...

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Ruutu will get under peoples skin, but can he do it without getting into penelty trouble? Because taking penelties will be killer tonight!

Go Canucks GO!

John

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve Yzerman is not the easiest guy to hit. For one if any Canuck takes a run at him there is special attention towards Yzerman and your looking at a penalty for sure and Secondly Yzerman rarely puts himself in a situation where he can get crushed.

He has played so well positionaly that it doesn't matter if he has one leg.. Jarko Ruutu is a complete plumber. He is gonna go out and run around like a yo-yo and take stupid penalties. First time he takes a run at Chelios, Yzerman, Hasek he is going to the box cause he hits dirty.

The Brian Burke Fiasco will not affect the reffing tonight or for the rest of the series. When Mike Milbury blasted the officials about how they were favoring the Leafs the next two nights all the calls were going the Isles way including that controversial penalty shot. The Leafs think they are getting screwed ( what else is new) and don't think that the NHL hasn't told the refs of tonights Detroit Vancouver matchup to not cause a scene and give the Canucks all the calls.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Already 2 - 0 Detroit

What do I watch now? Anything good on at 4:30?:mad:

Did I say two? What was I thinking.:rolleyes:

Only one more hour until Sienfeld.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well...

Impressive first period eh. Cloutier is looking terrible and has been since Lidstrom scored from centre. Hopefully the Nuckers will at least injure someone during the next two periods to give themselves a chance in game 6. Scratch that, they may have to injure all the wings to give themselves a chance after the, I use this term very loosely, effort they showed in the first.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beer anyone?

The game is a write off so I'm just gonna sit in front of the tube and grind my teeth every time that fcuking knob Greg Millen opens his mouth :mad:

How many times does he have to wank on about the Red Wings? And he really needs to work on his vocabulary. Incredible this, incredible that... everytime Cuthbert says something the first thing outta Millen's mouth is 'absolutely'. It's driving me nuts!

Next thing you know he will start refering to the Canucks as "... the penultimate team in the western conference..." :rolleyes:

~TB.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finished....

The canucks 2nd half miraculous New year is about to come to an end. The only way they will win on saturday if yzerman and hasek and ..... ahhh they ain't gonna win. deep down inside i wish they do, but i never seen sloppier hockey in my life. Did detroit get the cycle tonite (is there one in hockey like baseball, PP, SH and 5/5 goal??)

What was crawford thinking putting ruttu with the sedins on that pp?? Ruttu's one and only job should have been to take out yzerman or run over hasek. They had there chances 3 pp's in a row and blew it. what a joke, your down 4 and u still sending one guy into forecheck. and detroit just playing pass the puck around. Did anyone see when the canucks tried passing it back thinking a defensemen was there, but it just hits the boards. ohhhh well.

at least the game ended early and still got to enjoy the sun.

till next time

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm surpurised you some of you havn't wanked on about the loonie they removed from the ice.

Get it put back HERE. It won't help, but what the hell.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dodgy Bandwagon!!!

Captain has jumped ship!!!:mad: As if that is a suprise, (he didn't support Celtic until last year):rolleyes: TheRob is getting off at the back stick...
Only one more hour until Sienfeld.
Knvb well he doesn't even acknowledge the lads anymore!!!:mad:

Dude, it's just you and me brother!!! (Jimmy you can join us at the front of the bus if you still want) it is going 7 and I still believe in our boys!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!
and...
Fcuk off Bandwagon jumpers!!! :p

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still believe

Guinness

Save me a seat for the ride all the way to the 7th game :D

What I didn't understand is why they dressed Ruutu?They needed some sort of spark and still didnt see him much on the ice:confused:

GO CANUCKS GO

and

FCUK YEAH

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Guinny Pig.......gimme the damn wheel, cause I am still riding this thing right till the bitter end!

I don't care what happens Saturday, or Monday or whenever we do happen to be knocked out. Since Christmas this team has played some of the most entertaining stuff ever and just because we are now playing "what money can buy" hockey team doesn't take that away!

I think we will have a great showing Saturday and the fans deserve a home win as well. Cloutier needs to get some puck luck, along with Naslund and others. Just play with passion and purpose , that's all I want! Do that and I think we can get to Game 7, and what more can any fan ask for then?

John

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yet again, good post sir...

John I knew you were the real deal!!!;)
Hey Guinny Pig
I haven't heard that one before :rolleyes: The plan was to lure the fans out and separate the men from the boys!!!
Jimmy, no idea what Crow was thinking inserting Rhuutu and barely playing him??? atleast he could have played him against Stevie Y. or Fedorov!!! I thought he was supposed to get under the skin of talented players and provide some jump!!! BUT, nae worries he wouldn't have made a huge difference in the end...
As for Sopel, I like what this guy can bring, but last night he was shite!!!:mad: That pathetic attempt on Fedorov's one handed goal was embarrassing... why bother even skating back with him if you're not going to tie him up???:confused: I'm sure we will see a much tougher and tighter checking Canucks Saturday (I am praying anyway)...
Dude that wee gnome is coming with me this weekend to Nanaimo and will be watching!!! I know we need him!!!:cool:

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA HEY HEY HEY GOOD BYE

So all you Canucks' die-hards get teased for another year. How much longer will you put up with this? :eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully not another 35 years, but if that's what it takes...:(

I feel good about our team, even though Clouts and Skudra completely self destructed in this one. Thank God I'm not a Philly fan...year after year of that idiot Bobby Clarke mortgaging the future to buy a team "now", only to have it self destruct in the playoffs. This year- 2 goals in 5 games- was incomprehensible, considering the players they have.

No...I think the Canucks are poised to do just fine over the next 5 years. This one is just tough to take right now.

Personally, I got what I wanted out of this year’s hockey season: progressive improvement by the Canucks, and GOLD at the Olympics.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0