Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So Trade Luongo asap........

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL.

I'd give that post a like but Regs has my Ip banned and this proxy im behind wont let me. If i click the like icon... it signs me out of TTP

Hmmmm....... maybe Regs is smarter than i give him credit for.

Regs, If you could please add a "like" to my profile that would be great, as Akslop is unable to do so. Yours truly, Cascade.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brygalov is a year younger than Luongo, has played played 8 total season in the NHL and has ONCE gone to the second round. He has a higher cap hit than Lui and is making the same amount of real $$ this year. Is he overrated? Is he to blame for all the failings of his teams?

Gaborik has played 9 NHL seasons and has played in 34 NHL Playoff games, and has only 24 points, is he a bust? His cap hit is 7.5 Mill.

Henrik Lundqvist has played 2 fewer seasons than Lui, has been on teams with higher payroll on the average and has only made it out of the first round twice in his career, and has played 35 playoff games in 5 playoff seasons. His cap hit is higher than Lui's is.

Heatley, Ryan Miller, Shea Webber, Iginla, Kiprusoff, etc etc etc

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes they do and if you've never put a pair of skates on you can't comment negatively against Luongo.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So let me get this straight- you guy think Luongo is the goalie to win Vancouver a Stanley Cup?

No Goalie has ever WON a Stanley Cup for their team. They have been part of a team that wins Cups... Goalies cannot score goals, although it has been done, I say this to avoid a cheeky rebuttal. I don't know if you missed this memo or not TBL, but in Hockey the team that scores more than the other team, wins. Thus if teammates around Lui don't do their job effectively and the Nucks lose, Luongo loses with the team, if they all execute, score more than the other team in 4 wins per series over 4 series, then he will win, alongside his teammates, a Cup for Vancouver.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes they do and if you've never put a pair of skates on you can't comment negatively against Luongo.
Where did I ever say you needed to have played the game? I'm saying don't come with opinions that are not based in fact. it helps to understand nuances of the game and then form opinions.

The common thread in this entire commuinity is Soccer... I wouldn't expect everyone over at a Hockey online forum to know all the insides and outs on Footy... if you saw someone popping off on a hockey forum about how xyz player on xyz football club was overrated etc and was the sole reason "their team" was losing the odd fcuking game I'd expect you to correct them too.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, just expect anybody to try to correct you or disagree with you when you have no solid basis to form your opinion.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Johnny did you back Cloutier? Just curious?

I'm not backing Luongo!!! I'm just stating that it wasn't his fault we lost the game Tuesday night, which precipitated TBL's (potentially drunk) and misguided opening post in this thread.

Statistically he's one of the best players in the NHL. He's also amongst the highest paid. He has a very affordable Cap hit in a league rife with artificial parity via a hard cap... and we have him long term.

My posts are more of a criticism of "Canuck Fan" than in it is a defense of Luongo.

Cloutier was mentally weak and was never near the upper echelon of goaltenders during his tenure here or at any other time during his Junior or Pro career... However he was also run out of town by Nucks fans with rumour-mongering of alcoholism, drug abuse, a mythical hit-and-run accident etc etc etc.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess I shouldn't say I'm not "backing him," because I am...but I should have said that I'm arguing against a bad opinion, or playing devils advocate.

I'm the first guy to get choked when he lets in a bad goal, but I'm not that guy screaming at anyone that will listen that we should:
a) have never traded for him
b) trade him now
c) NEVER extended his contract
d) go with Schneider and send Lui onto waivers
e) insert some other irrational Canucks fan ranting here.
f) riot.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess I shouldn't say I'm not "backing him," because I am...but I should have said that I'm arguing against a bad opinion, or playing devils advocate.

I'm the first guy to get choked when he lets in a bad goal, but I'm not that guy screaming at anyone that will listen that we should:
a) have never traded for him
b) trade him now
c) NEVER extended his contract
d) go with Schneider and send Lui onto waivers
e) insert some other irrational Canucks fan ranting here.
f) riot.

They already tried "F" and it didnt work

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate agreeing with JBN but as someone who has played high level hockey, (started at div. 17 Burnaby 8 rinks got all the way up to div.15 before having a kid ruined my hockey aspirations), but I feel I have superior knowledge of the game than the rest of you.

Can we win a cup with Luo? Yes
Will we? That's a stupid question nobody can answer that.
Do fans here have unreal expectations and feel the grass is always greener on the other side? Absolutely.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
agree with exactly what you posted STD (That damn kid too, harsh!)

however you need to differentiate between a Hockey Fan that likes the Canucks, and the typical "Canuck Fan"

We Are NOT All Canucks.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
this article has Gillis pissed because the province wont pony up to whom wrote it

Editorial: Here

I don't blame gillis, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Irresponsible media is what has made "Canuck Fan" who he/she is. That sort of stuff is what fan messageboards etc are for, not the medias place IMHO. Vancouver sports media are ambulance chasers at the nest of times.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't be silly he is Scottish so inherently he knows nothing about soccer. Some how though he knows enough about hockey to agree with me. Lucky him.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0