Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So Trade Luongo asap........

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
question is, once we unload this colossal overpaid joke, what do we pick up with the extra money. Lou makes the most in the NHL

forwards, wingers...tough d for the playoffs?

discuss

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
No trade clause? How many goals did the rest of the team score? Bullshit putting this loss on him. 0 for 7 on the powerplay?

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
No trade clause? How many goals did the rest of the team score? Bullshit putting this loss on him. 0 for 7 on the powerplay?

Fukc that bullshit. We get outplayed by the guy in the other net every single night. Trade lou and pick up 2 wingers that can score

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously? Luongo's supposed to come out and score goals for the team as well?

No, I didn't get to watch the game; a little thing called "work" got in the way. I do see that the Canucks lost 4-0 but outshot the Rangers 40-19. Normally when this happens, it means that a) there was a hot goaltender standing on his head at the other end of the rink; b) the Canucks' defensive effort stunk to high heaven (players still have to be allowed to get into position to take those shots); and c) the Canucks were limited to shooting from around the perimeter so that large numerical edge in shots essentially got wasted.

So who will you put in net after you trade away your starter and his big contract, smart guy? Schneider isn't ready enough for prime time to play 40-50 games yet, and there isn't anybody on the farm ready to step up to that yet. You'd have to trade for "somebody better," and how many of those are available?

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not exactly sure what Luongo is making over the next few years but I do know it's way to high for any team in the NHL to go out and trade for him. Teams are finding success with goalies making far less than Luongo. When he's on he's in the top 5 for sure... when the Canucks lose he's the most overpaid goalie and threads like this get started.

TA

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
just wanted to point out a few things before you wannabe GM's go and pick up the phone and make the trades:

Luongo's Cap is 5.3MM, NOT 10MM, and stop complaining about he makes to much money, if you wanna do something stop buying Canucks stuff and turn off the game, then maybe someone will listen

Here's a link on cap hit for goalies, maybe this will help you guys understand, then again maybe not cause you like to blame the goalie when the team can't score 1 goal:

NHL Salaries | Top 30 Salary Cap Numbers - Goalies | My NHL Trade Rumors.com

Schneider is in a contract year, so guess what you will have to pay him like a #1 if he is your #1...
All you guys who want to trade him ASAP are the same peeps who wanted the twins out of town and the same guys who will want Schneider traded after 1yr...

Last if he continues to struggle, maybe a 15-20games or so, then you look at your options but as of now it's game 6 and he's played 4.. give me a break....

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Defector stop trying to use logic against Canuck fans in an argument. It's unfair. Valk said it best when he said fans booing Luongo is bush league but he forgot to add atleast they made some noise.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here some facts he took us to the stanley cup finals and got 2 shutouts in the finals......our team scored 8 goals in those finals...he also was the star who got us out of the first round were our team couldnt score.

Canucks also havent scored in the last two games Luo has started.....

Canucks record is the same now as it was last year at this time....and were did we end up.

If anyone thinks Cory in the pipes is the answer has been hitting the sauce early....there is a reason he doesnt start big games...

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Defector,

Luongo MADE last year 10 million and this year it is about 7.5, I think. The cap hit really does not mean anything to the fans, they look at it from the right angle and the right angle is how much somebody actually makes. That being said, and Luongo being the most paid goalie in NHL, he has to be under scrutiny every game and he is. Simply, ordinary person expects him to stand on his head every night for that kind of money.

It does not help his cause the fact that, for example, last night he was totally outplayed by Lundquist. Lundquist saved 40 shots, Luongo let in 4 on 19 shots. That is the difference and the fans have every right to be upset. If Luongo saved all 19 shots Canucks would have at least a point. That is the difference; Lundquist was the difference, Luongo was not and the same story keeps repeating year after year.

Also, Luongo was totally outplayed by Tim Thomas during the Stanley Cup finals. Thomas did stand on his head and Luongo did not. Thomas was the reason Bruins beat Canucks, he helped them to win Stanley Cup. Luongo has not done that for Canucks.........yet! When he does it, all this criticism will stop. Until then, he is just a good goalie making great money! I'd rather have a great goalie when it really counts making good money than vice versa.

Anyway, it is a long road with Luongo (no trade clause for 6 years, I think). I do not pay him from my own pocket so I really do not care. I do not go to Canucks games because the tickets are too expensive. I do watch them on TV and if they win, fine, if they don't, who cares! We should not worry at all about professional sport and athletes. They are out of this world where people have other problems to worry about.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here some facts he took us to the stanley cup finals and got 2 shutouts in the finals......our team scored 8 goals in those finals...he also was the star who got us out of the first round were our team couldnt score.

Canucks also havent scored in the last two games Luo has started.....

Canucks record is the same now as it was last year at this time....and were did we end up.

If anyone thinks Cory in the pipes is the answer has been hitting the sauce early....there is a reason he doesnt start big games...

Boston defeats Vancouver 8-1 in Game 3 - British Columbia - CBC News

Canucks not scoring but firing off 40 shots is a credit to the other teams goalie and not a knock on our forwards. Lou gets outplayed by the other goalie every single night

also...I dont think Rogers arena is working out for us either.... Lets move the team back to the colosseum

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teams are finding success with goalies making far less than Luongo

Really, they are? So why did Philly spend a gazllion dollars on playoff failure Ilya Bryzgalov? Once those "cheap" goalies do well they get paid. Look at Niemi, he only had 2 solid months of good play, and get's like $4.5/year. And he's garbage! If you want a quality goalie, you are going to have to pay sooner or later.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Defector,

Luongo MADE last year 10 million and this year it is about 7.5, I think. The cap hit really does not mean anything to the fans, they look at it from the right angle and the right angle is how much somebody actually makes. That being said, and Luongo being the most paid goalie in NHL, he has to be under scrutiny every game and he is. Simply, ordinary person expects him to stand on his head every night for that kind of money.

Thats not true. I could care less how much money the Canucks are actually throwing at Luongo - the owners def make enough, except for the cap hit, because it means he is taking valuable money that could be used to shore up other positions. Getting 40 shots and 0 goals is a great testament to the other goalie for sure, but is a knock on our team. Take good shots. They went 0 for 8 on the power play - that is just as inexcusable as Luongo letting in 4 on 19 shots. Its a team game, we need to score to win as much as we need Luongo to make saves. We can't blame one and not the other.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love the "canucks fans" who think they know about hockey in general.

try watching other games... Lundqvist, Fleury, Brodeur, Rinne, Thomas, all have had stinker games this year too.

I was at the game last night...Luongo couldn't have scored on one the 8 powerplays the Nucks had.

They got 82 shots off last night, 40 hit the net. To get 82 shots off that means 2 things, the Rangers really sucked, which they didn't or the Rangers kept the Nucks to the outside so the Nucks reverted to shooting to generate rebounds to create scoring chances.

The Nucks problem is systemic in their inconsistent secondary scoring. When the Sedin's suck, as they did horribly last night, the team dries up 100%. Kesler and Higgins and Raymond/Hodgson can provide a second look, but when the Sedins are playing poorly and the second line is playing well all most teams in the NHL need to do is throw their best shutdown tandem out to play the second line...

That and the Nucks all play different tactics between the 4 lines. The Twins line is a puck possesion/cycling game, the second line is a line rushing carrying game, the third and fourth lines dump and chase with high pressure forechecks and cycle to create space and opportunities, unlike the Sedins who cycle to free up point shots or backdoor plays... thus when AV juggles lines it creates problems.

Luongo is not the problem, also remember they still have like 70-something games to go, everything, and I MEAN EVERYTHING, this early in a season is not necessarily a trend or a mirage... it's just too early to tell.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team 1040 had a caller today named Franco who was so worked up about Luongo it sounded like he was shaking...I was laughing so hard. It was 7:30 and this guy was on the verge of a jammer. :rolleyes:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really, they are? So why did Philly spend a gazllion dollars on playoff failure Ilya Bryzgalov? Once those "cheap" goalies do well they get paid. Look at Niemi, he only had 2 solid months of good play, and get's like $4.5/year. And he's garbage! If you want a quality goalie, you are going to have to pay sooner or later.

Philly spent the money on a Bryzgalov because if they had a goalie like him over the past few years they probably win one a cup or two. Regarding Niemi, you know what happens when you win a Stanley Cup....you get paid son!!! Luongo is a great goalie but the only way people will stop talking about him being overpaid is if he wins a cup and if or when he does win the same fans who were calling him overpaid will say he should of been getting more.

TA

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Philly spent the money on a Bryzgalov because if they had a goalie like him over the past few years they probably win one a cup or two. Regarding Niemi, you know what happens when you win a Stanley Cup....you get paid son!!! Luongo is a great goalie but the only way people will stop talking about him being overpaid is if he wins a cup and if or when he does win the same fans who were calling him overpaid will say he should of been getting more.

TA

This is what I'm saying. Philly paid a ton of money to Bryzgalov, who has been a stud in the regular season. Have you seen his playoff numbers? When it comes to goalies, you have to be lucky regardless of their contract. More often than not, your top percentile goalies are going to be the ones with cups, not the cheap fluky ones.

Jimothy

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

TA

I would like to think this was the case, but it clearly is not. Even if we had won game 7 last year there would still be people calling for Schneider after any bad goal let in by Luongo. Just look what happened in the Olympics. Before they started he wasn't good enough to carry the load for Canada. After Brodeur faltered, Roberto stepped in and they won gold . . . but that was only because we had the best team and had nothing to do with Luongo. I'm still not sure how such a terrible goalie that cracks under pressure didn't choke away a gold medal overtime game, by why use logic when it is so much easier to just toss Lou under the bus.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Philly would have grabbed Andre Racicot if they thought it would have helped them in the playoffs. Anyone making as much money as these guys pull in are going to be questioned if they are not winning. These people carving Luongo now are probably the same ones that were begging and pleading for the Nucks to sign him to a big long term contract after so many years without a real #1. I think him being Italian has something to do with it........

TA

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0