Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So Trade Luongo asap........

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
... it wasn't Lui that didn't score on one of the 8 PP's that night...

JB,

You are questioning the power play, OK, but you have to realize that Rangers had a goalie that night who made the difference. He stopped all 40 shots! That is the difference that resulted in 4:0 win for his team. It does not mean, of course, that Lundquist plays every game like that.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB,

You are questioning the power play, OK, but you have to realize that Rangers had a goalie that night who made the difference. He stopped all 40 shots! That is the difference that resulted in 4:0 win for his team. It does not mean, of course, that Lundquist plays every game like that.

RL RCD, how many odd man rushes did Hank face? Not many. He stopped 40 or so shots from 30-45 feet, almost all were routine saves, he did stop a few in-close decent chances and made a few nice saves on screened shots. he played well, he didn't "steal" the game as everyone is saying. The Nucks only had 3-4 decent scoring chances and maybe 1 or 2 good chances... he made the routine saves. Lui had only had to stop like 9 pucks before the first goals went in, the 2nd was stoppable, the 3rd and 4th were horrific defending and he had little to no chance on.

Lui is not the reason we lost that game. our inability to score is...and that game is precisely what has precipitated all this drama surrounding Lui this week...not the playoffs, not the other mishaps etc... That NYR game cannot be explained away by stats. if you watched the game you will understand what I'm talking about.

The Nucks scored 8 fcuking goals in the SCF's in the Summer... The B's scored 9 in games 6 and 7 combines and a total of 23 in the series. on average the B's scored 3 for every one the Nucks scored. You aren't going to win a 7 game series scoring 8 goals... with the offensive power the Nucks have on paper you'd think they would have a slight chance conceding 3 on average per game... take the 8-1 pummeling on game 3 out of the math and the Nucks should have been able to win the series based on goals against alone.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polska, how many odd man rushes did Hank face? Not many. He stopped 40 or so shots from 30-45 feet, almost all were routine saves, he did stop a few in-close decent chances and made a few nice saves on screened shots. he played well, he didn't "steal" the game as everyone is saying. The Nucks only had 3-4 decent scoring chances and maybe 1 or 2 good chances... he made the routine saves. Lui had only had to stop like 9 pucks before the first goals went in, the 2nd was stoppable, the 3rd and 4th were horrific defending and he had little to no chance on.

Lui is not the reason we lost that game. our inability to score is...and that game is precisely what has precipitated all this drama surrounding Lui this week...not the playoffs, not the other mishaps etc... That NYR game cannot be explained away by stats. if you watched the game you will understand what I'm talking about.

The Nucks scored 8 fcuking goals in the SCF's in the Summer... The B's scored 9 in games 6 and 7 combines and a total of 23 in the series. on average the B's scored 3 for every one the Nucks scored. You aren't going to win a 7 game series scoring 8 goals... with the offensive power the Nucks have on paper you'd think they would have a slight chance conceding 3 on average per game... take the 8-1 pummeling on game 3 out of the math and the Nucks should have been able to win the series based on goals against alone.

why me?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For all of you geniuses who keep trading Luongo, Sedin, and Sedin every time they have a bad game and who are the first to jump off the bandwagon when the team stumbles: Fcuk Off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go follow something you understand, like baseball.

Now that I've got that off my chest, has anybody considered that it's time to ask some hard questions to Lui's goaltending coach? Yes, the man has some concentration issues, but I would suggest that it's possible that he's not getting the best of advice from Rollie Melanson. I am not an NHL goalie, nor do I play one on TV, but it seems to me that a larger guy like Lui would be better served with a more stand-up style than trying to be a flopper. The mechanics just seem to be wrong for him to reposition himself quickly otherwise. Your comments, please...

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
For all of you geniuses who keep trading Luongo, Sedin, and Sedin every time they have a bad game and who are the first to jump off the bandwagon when the team stumbles: Fcuk Off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go follow something you understand, like baseball.

Now that I've got that off my chest, has anybody considered that it's time to ask some hard questions to Lui's goaltending coach? Yes, the man has some concentration issues, but I would suggest that it's possible that he's not getting the best of advice from Rollie Melanson. I am not an NHL goalie, nor do I play one on TV, but it seems to me that a larger guy like Lui would be better served with a more stand-up style than trying to be a flopper. The mechanics just seem to be wrong for him to reposition himself quickly otherwise. Your comments, please...

no comment. Great post

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Goalie coaching? "Keep the puck out of our net".

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it like the saying "you can't teach an old dog, new tricks?" These guys are grown ass men now and they're pro's, Lou has his way of goaltending and 95% of the time it works, why change it? Is the new way going to get us that extra 5% or drop us to 70%? We just came off our most successful season EVER, and were what 7 games in? We have always had a slow start, now lets give it some time, before we jump to more conclusions.

ifcommonsensewascommoneveryonewouldhaveit :rolleyes:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He won a game!! Trade him now while he's on a winning streak and is worth something!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only a select few know what there talking about in here

See most of you in April when your chasing this again

Attachments

• wagon.jpg
    wagon.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 41

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Lui's tending coach didn't change his game, he changed his tactics. His mechanics have been the same since Junior. There are 3 distinct types of goalies: Standup, Butterfly, and Hybrid. Standup goalies are a thing of the past- Brodeur might be the only guy with Standup tendencies left in the league... There are many many hybrids, these guys are just butterfly goalies that don't have the body type (6'+) to play butterfly... So they will usually stare down the first shot. It simple physics. If you have to go post to post, say when the opposition is on the PP and they pass the puck through the slot and you have to go across your crease... "stand up" keepers used to "stack the pads" because they couldn't lay their pads down and cover the whole bottom side of the net, like a butterfly keeper would.

Mellanson has changed the way Lui plays in his net depth wise and how and when he challenges shooters. Lui's "new style" is better for him when the other team is cycling, on the PP, etc. It's not as good for odd man rushes, breakaways etc as you aren't out cutting down the angle as much.

My $0.02 coming from a fairly informed level of knowledge from playing and coaching.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lui's tending coach didn't change his game, he changed his tactics. His mechanics have been the same since Junior. There are 3 distinct types of goalies: Standup, Butterfly, and Hybrid. Standup goalies are a thing of the past- Brodeur might be the only guy with Standup tendencies left in the league... There are many many hybrids, these guys are just butterfly goalies that don't have the body type (6'+) to play butterfly... So they will usually stare down the first shot. It simple physics. If you have to go post to post, say when the opposition is on the PP and they pass the puck through the slot and you have to go across your crease... "stand up" keepers used to "stack the pads" because they couldn't lay their pads down and cover the whole bottom side of the net, like a butterfly keeper would.

Mellanson has changed the way Lui plays in his net depth wise and how and when he challenges shooters. Lui's "new style" is better for him when the other team is cycling, on the PP, etc. It's not as good for odd man rushes, breakaways etc as you aren't out cutting down the angle as much.

My $0.02 coming from a fairly informed level of knowledge from playing and coaching.

In real life or the EA Nhl series? :eek:

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know nothing about the canucks or hockey. I'm not a masochist so no I'm not a " Real Canucks Fan " . I could care less. You will all be dissapointed again in the next playoffs. You can only talk about our 2 nd place finish in 94 over and over and over. Sedins can light it up all they want in the regular season but the playoffs are a different sport, Sedins aren't built for the rough game.

I only followed the Canucks cause I love watching Rypien do his thing. On the night where they honor him ,Luongo can't step it up and win a game dedicated to a fallen team mate.

Luongo is mentally weak and will never win a cup, so get him the fukc out of Vancouver. As long as he's our number 1 we are done.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously guys.....when you are a world class goalie paid top dollars you can't shite the sheets when it counts. This has nothing to do with how capable he is in atheletically being the best...this is just questioning his mental abilities. Question for all you believers...Can Luongo be mentally tough enough to win the cup? If not then he should be traded.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0