Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2008-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WoW!!!!:eek:

Crazy but then again not suprising?

Dickens and Jags will have you sorted out in "No Time" Sir M.

Coach will be making The Long Awaited trip to Ambleside this Friday night along with his Posse.

Where are we going after Jags???

Please have that sorted out as Dickens and I have to swap the Jackets.

Third eh........Yeah!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wickham FC 6
Shaheen FC 1

Westside Bulldogs 0
Wickham FC 5

Wickham FC 5
SFU Royals 0

Wickham FC 5
Romania FC 0

Wickham FC 7
Meraloma FC 0

Sir M, in all honesty management at Roma FC agrees with you. In fairness the last two games for Roma wasn't what they joined the NSCL for. Roma is looking forward to playing the top 2 teams from last year (Vikings, Coveside) back to back to see where they really stand!

Staff do not like 10-1 scores boys.
Just also wanted to point out Wickham's result's as well too!:eek:
Maybe Roma can hook up an exhibtion with Wickham?

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict a hotly contested draw between Sapp and RCIU this weekend and then WV and PCOV having an excellent match with the winner moving to the top of the Power Rankings.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WoW!!!!:eek:

Crazy but then again not suprising?

Dickens and Jags will have you sorted out in "No Time" Sir M.

Coach will be making The Long Awaited trip to Ambleside this Friday night along with his Posse.

Where are we going after Jags???

Please have that sorted out as Dickens and I have to swap the Jackets.

Third eh........Yeah!

Disappointed to report that neither myself or Dickens will be at Friday's match. I will be at a "work" event in Vegas. With Sir M in Vegas last week, I have been asked by our Coach (not to be confused with THE COACH) to travel down to Sin City and source out the best way to get gum out of hair. Sir M discovered that the 'rip and tear' method is not an Excellent choice. Dickens is currently in Texas and has been there for almost two months, also on a work related trip. Subway is really tough on their sandwich artists these days, so Dickens had to head down to a post-graduate sandwich artist course in the fine town of Kilgore, TX. I am sure your jacket is getting good use down at the local pub in Kilgore.:D

Coach, as I want you lads to hit the right spots when you are on The Shore, I would recommend a post game pint at Cactus Club (aka CC West), then move up to Mosquito Creek Bar (aka Cougar Karaoke) and since it is on the way home, hit the Lynnwood (aka The Sinwood or The Lynnie ...... or Mocassin Square Gardens) for 1am to take in some of North Van's finest entertainment that money doesn't have to buy. Enjoy.

Cheers,
JAGS

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
8-nil win on the weekend, with no Ranger "3 goals" Forever in the line-up, not sure what we have to do to stay at #2 or step into #1, perhpas beating #4 and #1 in Provincials will help.
Look out SirM, Coach will not be happy about this, just a warning.

hos

We (sounds odd) would have been better served not playing and maintaining the #2 ranking.
Only 8 goals???
Weak.

whatapass

Oct 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well. First off, welcome to new SMEPR staff member whatapass, who, unfortunately will be not available for comment this coming week due to a training commitment. But after whatapass' upcoming "hooked on phonics" course he will be providing some long awaited input for these rankings about the new North Shore Coaches League, staff are hoping. But enough about that. Here we go now with this week's edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2008-2009.

1. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL. Last week's rank: 1). Sapperton's manager called Sir M a pussy this week: meow. Their game was postponed, and they are off to Richmond this Friday.

2. PCOV (VMSL. Last week's rank: 5). PCOV make another big leap this week, after a 3-0 win over Richmond on the weekend, a team of strength, hence the somewhat controversial change in the #2 and #3 rankings positions.

3. Surrey FC Rangers (FVSL. Last week's rank: 2). This team beat up on the Abbotsford Ancient Mariners on the weekend. Down one. Away to PAU Rangers next, who staff report have several players about Trece Verde's age in the lineup.

4. West Van FC (VMSL. Last week's rank: 4). This team defeated Inter at Inter's home field last Sunday, and have taken full points in their last three. Home to PCOV next, in what should be a real test.

5. West Side (VMSL. Last week's rank: 6). Westside is up one spot this week after defeating MFFF 4-1 on Friday. A quality side, with excellent fan support. They are especially dangerous when they are cat-ing. A bit like JAGS. Home to Inter next, in yet another in a series of editions of a classic VMSL rivalry.

6. Columbus (VMSL. Last week's rank: 3). Columbus has dropped five points in their last two games, and in the process, some four rankings positions. Still, at the end, they could easily Be Champions. Home to Metro Ford FF this Friday, and staff predict that they could move up after that game in these rankings.

7. Delta Metro United (FVSL. Last week's rank: 7 ). This side maintains its position after an emphatic win over one of several PAU sides in the FVSL Masters division. Home to Mission next. But staff note, that this side is in first place in the FVSL, and, as such, staff are feverishly evaluating this particular ranking. More to come after DMU's upcoming match this week against another FVSL enigma (and no, RF, that is not an en francais reference to a potential cure for your digestive issues)...Les Blues from Mission.

8. Mission Blues (FVSL. Last week's rank: 14). Speaking of mercurial sides, Mission is back in the top ten after defeating the GEU Thunder on the weekend. Tied for second place in the FVSL with SFC. Huge game this coming Friday, away to #7 Delta Metro United next. This game will provide perspective on the FVSL, staff are predicting.

9. Surrey United (VMSL. Last week's rank: 13) . Surrey Utd, realistically, are "better than that" when compared to several higher ranked teams. However, this evaluation is highly weighted on "what have you done lately". In any event, their tie against a higher ranked Columbus on the weekend moves them up four spots, and puts them back into the top ten of these rankings. Away to Cliff on Friday at BLSCW, in an interesting matchup, for people that want to get away from their wives and freeze.

10. Cliff Avenue (VMSL. Last week's rank: 10). Cliff got duped into not playing this last week, and remain the same. Home to Surrey United next.

11. ICSF Inter (VMSL. Last week's rank: 11). Inter battled hard against an higher ranked side this last week, and maintain their position. Away to Westside next, in a real character builder.

12. GEU Thunder (FVSL. Last week's rank: 8). This side lost to Mission on the weekend, and drop four spots. Still a year or two away, staff are predicting. But home to Abbotsford Ancient Mariners next, in what could be a perfect opportunity to right the ship.

13. PAU White (FVSL. Last week's rank, 18). Who is this team? They have gone from being unranked to #13 in two weeks. Another win over a higher ranked side moves them right up. Home to PAU Blue in a PAU derby (shudder) next.

14. Wickham (VMSL. Last week's rank: 15). This side has a strong lobbying contingent on TTP. Up one. Have to drive out to Larry Walker on Sunday to meet Lobban's and then sit around in a change room so small, one has has to step outside to change one's mind. Very impressive thus far in Div 1 VMSL, and staff are beginning to take notice. It just takes a bit.

15. RCIU (VMSL. Last week's rank: 12). This team had a good start, but staff have determined that a strategy of doing drills before the game, getting numbers out, but most importantly, imploring the officials to send opposing players sent off is now wearing thin, and has not been a recipe for success this last three weeks. Sapperton at home this coming Friday, in what could be a close game.

16. PAU Blue (FVSL. Last week's rank: 9). This team is down after losing to DMU. Huge derby next, and that one will have a lot to say about which team has bragging rights over there in PAU Nation.

17. Metro Ford Firefighters (VMSL. Last week's rank: 16 ). Metro Ford Firefighters got hammered at home by Westside on the weekend. They need to get some players out, or start thinking about over 40s or Div 1 soon. Staff say the have the potential to pull this out though. Away to Columbus next.

18. Roma (NSCL. Last week's rank: 19 ). Staff do not like 10-1 scores boys. Home to Vikings next.

19 Aldergrove (FVSL. Last week's rank: 17). Our robust friends from Aldergrove lost to PAU (White) on the weekend. They play Sikh next, and need a result to remain in these rankings, staff predict. Gut check time.

20. NAFC (NSCL. Last week's rank: not ranked). Don't look now, but NAFC is tied for first in the always competetive NSCL. NAFC defeated The Guardians, who apparantly had some guarding problem, by a 6-0 scoreline this last weekend. Idle this coming week.

So, that is it for this week.

Sir M.
Ouch!!
That was low Sir M!
Funny, but low.

Who would have thought that I made it through 8 years of university. Just goes to show you the quality of our BC education system. Nevertheless, I will be doing 3 things...(1) Changing my user name to HOP (Hooked on Phonics) (2) Enrolling in the HOP Level 1 "Reading Made Fun" this coming week, as per your reccomendation. Details and course outline below and (3) Considering coming back to provide some long awaited fresh input for these rankings about the new North Shore Coaches League.

PS. I'm looking forward to the flash cards & reward stickers
Hooked on Phonics ® LEVEL 1 Reading Made Fun is designed for children ages 4 to 8 and teaches them the basic skills needed to become confident readers now and in the future. Along with musical audio instruction and workbooks filled with activities and stories, the Hooked on Phonics program includes a library of 50 original books, flash cards, and reward stickers kids love. Plus, with dozens of games on the Level 1 CD-ROM, kids have an extra way to play and learn independently.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
who staff report have several players about Trece Verde's age in the lineup
Yes, I know you were fishing, but I just couldn't let a gratuitous slag like that one slide by. Besides, Staff report that ColemanJ will always be older than I am, and may actually be a candidate for League's Oldest Player now that Joe Alexis from Caribbean Allstars has hung them up at the age of 71. Aside from that, I'm pretty sure that Sir M himself is also in the running, "silver" hair and all...

Off to Mexico to conduct training seminars on the playa at Nuevo Vallarta next week.

Seriously.

Trece

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes. A classic rivalry. It brings east versus west on many fronts. Two very good goalies maybe the best in the league(some will debate that). East Vaners from Temp to Tech as compared to West siders like Kerrisdale and Kits. Some skilled players who have played at a very high level and definitely two of the older teams in the league. The field I heard is looking good right Freddy? Hopefully it will be nice and short like Hastings last weekend.
Cheers!

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hillcrest is in pretty good shape, not stellar, but not too clumpy either. Always a good match against you guys. Looking forward to it.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If RCIU defeats Sapperton on the weekend, I do not believe they will overtake them in these rankings, according to staff's calculations.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes. A classic rivalry. It brings east versus west on many fronts. Two very good goalies maybe the best in the league(some will debate that). East Vaners from Temp to Tech as compared to West siders like Kerrisdale and Kits. Some skilled players who have played at a very high level and definitely two of the older teams in the league. The field I heard is looking good right Freddy? Hopefully it will be nice and short like Hastings last weekend.
Cheers!

Sounds like a Movie in the making ... say Outsider's II or possibly The Wanderer's II

Good luck to Both .. Stay Golden and watch out for the Ducky boys
or maybe some Low Flying Ducks from Q.E. Park

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WV - PCOV
It's too bad I won't get to see the 2 hottest teams play out at the Lower Mainland's other parking lot pitch on Friday night.

Besty being back from 'grapefruititis' probably won't help that much because the guy will play 'soft' like the girly-girl that he has recently become.:eek: Sex changes make a person, well...change; so we'll now see the real Bessey from here on in.

Tie 2-2. With Bessey 'groining' in the cross to escape with the tie.

Fantabulous already told Rog that he'll be "in Bessey's shorts" the entire night.:eek: Ya don't want to miss that!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard that Fantabulous is in Montreal this week. He might be learning some things from the lap dance girls, so WAB's theory might make for a wierd night.

Fantabulous already told Rog that he'll be "in Bessey's shorts" the entire night.

WAB, how is Sapperton not considered the hottest team right now? Sapp is the only team consistently helping me with my weekly picks!:D

WV - PCOV
It's too bad I won't get to see the 2 hottest teams play out at the Lower Mainland's other parking lot pitch on Friday night.

bohica

Oct 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor, you better think about you pick carefully, Sapp may be rusty after a two and a half week layoff. Have not played since October 8th

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantabulous already told Rog that he'll be "in Bessey's shorts" the entire night.:eek: Ya don't want to miss that!
Yes i was in sarah bessey's shorts all last night... This lap dancer in montreal cost me 150 bucks and supposedly she is back in the line up this friday night... Boyz i won t be back till tuesday so grab 3 pts for me as i have you in my mind here... lol... C'est la vie..

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes i was in sarah bessey's shorts all last night... This lap dancer in montreal cost me 150 bucks and supposedly she is back in the line up this friday night... Boyz i won t be back till tuesday so grab 3 pts for me as i have you in my mind here... lol... C'est la vie..

That's too bad Fantabulous, because I was hoping to see the much anticipated race against you and Jags. Does Conductor still have his money on you winning?

http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/v...-1]-results-banter-march-05-a.html#post155219

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts