Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2008-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for PCOV, I don't see any of them complaining that they are ranked behind Cliff Ave,

No...they're not complaining because they did enough of that during the game on last Friday night when they "thought" they had the game won:D

Cheers!

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scottyshell.... You don t seem to get it, do you! If Christmas wasn t around the corner you boyz would only have 1 pt in 4 games. Thanks to a few good guys on PCOV.. We gave you another point. I think you should take that point and move on. :)

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think PCOV were lucky to get three against SU...Watched the second half and they could have easily tied if the SU defenders had cleared the ball before the goal...Sounds like they got some Christmas presents as well Scottyshell.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think PCOV were lucky to get three against SU...Watched the second half and they could have easily tied if the SU defenders had cleared the ball before the goal...Sounds like they got some Christmas presents as well Scottyshell.

they would have been able to clear if their knees and ankles weren't so sore.... ;);)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
#2 is the highest we have been in a while so right now they mean everything SCK. I can see MFFF saying in their pre-game, "Sapp is #2! Maybe we should get the fcuk outta here!

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its good to see that that little plant caused the desired responses from the RU camp. Plus Conductor, who of course must reply to everything.

Sir M.

I dont think enticing T into a post is worthy of a pat on the back. And a plant what a surprise.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
As there is little else to do other than watch the stock market collapse, I compared last year's beginning and ending SEMPR rankings. It is pretty interesting to see who started out high, stayed high, who dropped off, who disappeared. And now how much a few months has changed everything changes all again.

Sir M's Beginning and Ending 2007-2008’s Excellent Power Rankings:

1. Surrey United (VMSL. Last year’s final rank: 3).
1. UVIC Alumni (VISL).

2. Peace Arch United (FVSL. Last year’s final rank: 10).
2. S.F.C. Rangers (FVSL).

3. Cliff Ave. United (VMSL. Last year’s final rank: 17).
3. West Van F.C. (VMSL).

4. S.F.C. Rangers (FVSL. Last year’s final rank: 1).
4. Columbus F.C. (VMSL).

5. Columbus F.C. (VMSL. Last year’s final rank: 2).
5. Westside F.C. (VMSL).

6. West Side (VMSL. Last year’s final rank: 8).
6. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL).

7. Coquitlam Metro Ford Wolves (VMSL. Last year’s final rank: 4).
7. Delta Metro United (FVSL).

8. ICSF Inter (VMSL. Last year’s final rank: 12).
8. Cliff Ave. United (VMSL).

9. Aldergrove United (FVSL. Last year’s final rank: 5).
9. Surrey United (VMSL).

10. Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL. Last year’s final rank: not ranked).
10. Vantreights (VISL) .

11. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL. Last year’s final rank: 11).
11. ICSF Inter (VMSL).

12. Vancouver Firefighters (VMSL. Last year’s final rank: 9).
12. Vikings (NSCL).

13. Sikh (FVSL. Last year’s final rank: not ranked).
13. Vancouver Firefighters (VMSL).

14. Golden Ears Thunder (FVSL. Last year’s final rank: not ranked).
14. Peace Arch United (FVSL).

15. Mission Blues (FVSL. Last year’s final rank: not ranked).
15. Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL).

16. Wickham FC (VMSL. Last year’s final rank: 19).
16. Coveside FC (NSCL).

17. West Van FC (VMSL. Last year’s final rank: 6).
17. VicWest (VISL).

18. Cracovia (VMSL. Last year’s final rank: not ranked).
18. Aldergrove United (FVSL).

19. Coveside F.C. (NCSL. Last year’s final rank: 14).
19. Richmond United (VMSL).

20. Norvan F.C. (NSCL. Last year’s final rank: 18).
20. Wickham FC (VMSL).

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There were some interesting results this last week, especially out in the Valley. But enough about Dickens' sojourn to Roosters on Saturday eve. It is now time for week two of Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2008-2009.

Here we go:

1. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL. Last week's rank: 2). Sapperton has come out of the gate this season in impressive fashion. And that is one of the few times you will ever see the words Sapperton and fashion in the same sentence. Easily beat MFFF last week, up against #2 Columbus this coming Wednesday at VanTech. MOTW, staff report.

2. Columbus (VMSL. Last week's rank: 4). Columbus eked :eek:out a 1-0 victory this last weekend against PCOV, both teams having been involved, along with Cliff Ave, in a threesome in the off season where Battista went to PCOV, Fonseca went to Columbus, and then went somewhere else, Joey went to Columbus, and Danny E, well, thats for another day. Sir M is impressed by this team, to a certain extent. Home to Sapp Wednesday.

3. Delta Metro United (FVSL. Last week's rank: 1 ). This side had a short lived stint at the top of these rankings, but drop two spots after a tie with Aldergrove. Home to a beleaguered Abbotsford Ancient Mariners next.

4. Mission Blues (FVSL. Last week's rank: 6). Les Bleus continued their hot start this last week, annihilating their neighbours in the process. In case anyone has not noticed, they are in first place in the FVSL. Away to SFC next, in what should be a real test.

5. West Side (VMSL. Last week's rank: 10). Westside had a nice win over SU on the weekend, and are a quality side. They are one of a select few teams in Masters Football with a curling rink and a baseball stadium at their home park. Great fan (short for fanatic) base for this squad. Or not.

6. Cliff Avenue (VMSL. Last week's rank: 7). Cliff won another close one on the weekend, and are a force to be reckoned with in the VMSL. Very well coached. Home to PCOV at 0900 Sunday. A win may move them up in these rankings.

7. West Van FC (VMSL. Last week's rank: 12). This team woke up in the second half to come from behind against Richmond. Away to Westside next. Staff report that this side's new coach is a bit of a wanker.

8. Surrey FC Rangers (FVSL. Last week's rank: 5). This team is struggling, having given up points two weeks in a row. Down three spots after being shutout by a previously unranked side. Sorry about that. Chance to right the ship up at NAP this weekend against Mission.

9. PCOV (VMSL. Last week's rank: 8). PCOV drops one spot this week, after a tough loss to Columbus. Away to Cliff Ave. this Thanksgiving weekend, in what should be a very good match, staff predict.

10. GEU Thunder (FVSL. Last week's rank: 9). This team drops one spot after a 1-1 tie with Aldergrove, yet retain top ten status. Home to PAU Blue next. A chance to move up. This side has a good name. Not as good as the 22nd Avenue Lions: but a good name nonetheless.

11. RCIU (VMSL. Last week's rank: 3). This team drops after their loss last Friday. Home to Inter next. Staff report that they play much better at home.

12. PAU Blue (FVSL. Last week's rank: not ranked). It is, frankly, difficult for staff to determine who is who in this multi-faceted, or for those detractors, fractured club. But, they defeated perennial powerhoses SFC Firefighters on the weekend, and hence make their 2008-2009 debut in these rankings in the #12 position. Away to GEU next.

13. Wickham (VMSL. Last week's rank: 15). This side continues to roll in VMSL Div 1. An emphatic victory over Cracovia this last weekend moves Wickham up two spots. At home this Friday at Griffin to the not to be taken lightly Romania FC. Anti-Fan may be out for that one, staff report.

14. Surrey United (VMSL. Last week's rank: 11) . Surrey drop again after losing at home. Away to MFFF on Friday, a chance for redemption. Or penance.

15. ICSF Inter (VMSL. Last week's rank: 13). Inter dropped a tough one on the weekend to Cliff, and have to make the trek out to Richmond this Friday, which is about as attractive as Angelo S after not waxing his back in a month.

16. AS Roma (NSCL. Lat week's rank: 17 ). Staff expect this star studded team to move up in these rankings, with over 35 players the like of Cafu in the lineup for the burgundy and gold. Roma did not disappoint, beating the Warriors last week by a dozen. Up next: Vikings. Grrr.

17. Metro Ford Firefighters (VMSL. Last week's rank: 16 ). Metro Ford Firefighters dropped another game this last weekend, albeit to a top ranked side. Nonetheless, that is not good news for them. SU at home next, and they will be looking for maximum points in that one.

18. Coveside FC (NSCL. Last week's rank: not ranked). Coveside had a nice result this last weekend, defeating Vikings by a 2-1 score, knocking the Vikes out of the top twenty of the rankings in the process. The league has scheduled them with a bye this upcoming holiday weekend. Surprize!

19. NAFC (NSCL. Last week's rank: not ranked). Welcome to Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, New Amsterdam Football Club. NAFC are tied for 1st spot in the NSCL. They defeated Nordic 6-2 on the weekend, and play Guardians next. Staff predict this is a recipe to move up in these rankings.

20. Langley All Blacks (FVSL. Last week's rank: not ranked). The Mighty All Blacks vault into the top twenty of these rankings after their impressive draw against formerly #1 Delta Metro United this past weekend. This team is one of Sir M's personal favourites (having said that, Sir M is a huge George Michael fan). Away to PAU white next.

So, that is it for this week. On behalf of staff, all of you rankings fans enjoy your upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, and may the best teams win.

Sir M.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here we go:

1. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL. Last week's rank: 2). Sapperton has come out of the gate this season in impressive fashion. And that is one of the few times you will ever see the words Sapperton and fashion in the same sentence. Easily beat MFFF last week, up against #2 Columbus this coming Wednesday at VanTech. MOTW, staff report.

Sir M.

WOW! I don't where to begin...I'm speechless...to have our name even mentioned in the same breath with all these other teams is truly a great honour. I'd like to thank Freemantle Trailer for all their gracious support over the past 2 years...thanks, Mauro, here's to you! Uh, Burger King, who provided us with a superb dietary regimen, Royal City Youth Soccer; thanks you so much for the cones. Takerboone, without your support we would have never been able....I know, I know, just give me one more second. Lush. Uh, Calwinky & Associates. John, Kenny G, Gord - you are a wild man!...YES!!! Uh, Rich Belinger, the supporting cast at Barney's, and of course PV, WE DID IT!!!!! ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!WE'RE THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!:wa:

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correction Sir M, the whole league has a bye on the long weekend. Coveside does have a bye the following w/e

The whole schedule was drawn out of a hat this year, because of the new league format!

BTW, while we have the bye, I will be chasing swordfish and large tuna 50 nautical miles off of PV, IN A BOAT THAT IS WAY TOO SMALL FOR MY LIKING.

How the hell did I get talked into this.......Hopefully I will be back for our next game!

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
11. RCIU (VMSL. Last week's rank: 3). This team drops after their loss last Friday. Home to Inter next. Staff report that they play much better at home.

What are we the Warrior's trying to get to Coney Island ....I guess that makes you guys the Baseball Fury .. but you do wear the make up well ...Can U Dig It ......

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't believe we have fallen that far to find ourselves behind the likes of GEU :(

Good news is that Villars is back from injury and there may be a Homi sighting soon... slowly but surely, we will work our way back up these rankings.

I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0