Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2006/2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
uh huh...
Mr Bosman, erm , I mean McLeish never spent any cash...easy to run a profit when you sell your merchandising down the river, and do not spend any cash on players...
I think Dado, Boumsong, and Buffel were the three true sucesses of Mcleish playing around with little cash, and Boumsong only as it facilitated Bazza's return.

Murray will get the debt gone, and sell, and we will enter debt again, as the new chairman will try to win the adoration and love of the huge Gers Support with a few famous signings, and it will be Dick Advocaat all over again, unless Monsieur Le Guen is still around by the time history tries to repeat itself.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlueNoseJohn said:
Murray will get the debt gone, and sell, and we will enter debt again, as the new chairman will try to win the adoration and love of the huge Gers Support with a few famous signings, and it will be Dick Advocaat all over again, unless Monsieur Le Guen is still around by the time history tries to repeat itself.

Cheers, Nostradamus. That's a glass half-full perspective.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're more than welcome Bucky ;)
What I guess I'm endeavoring to say is that hopefully Le Guen is still around when this happens, as he seems to be a more efficient spender of cash, or should I say better at assessing talent than Tic Tacs McLeish. The last manager that had lots of cash to spend ended up getting us in the financial ruins through signings like Flo. But Mols, DeBoer, and others were good players, but a lot of money was wasted too...
And I'm also saying that this JJB Deal that has financed away most of the debt is obviously a ploy to make the team more marketable to any potential buyers of RFC inc.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Paul LeGuen has been successful at one major club. He's not the second coming of Christ, for....erm....Christ's sake. Nor is Rangers long term prospects limited to him staying.

As far as McLeish is concerned, yes at times he appeared to be tactically clue-free. Then again, he won trophies with absolutely no financial resources or youth development. Furthermore, next to John Barnes and possibly Joseph Venglos, he was up against the second greatest Celtic manager. In hindsight, kudos to him.

As far as the JJB deal goes, it's just good business. Do you believe shirt sponsors are selling out or good business (in this day and age)? Does putting your kit out to the highest bidder a sell-out or good business? With JJB, Rangers will have more visibility across Great Britain. What are there?Something like 50 JJBs in GB for every Rangers Shop. Modern football is run on P&L, not loyalties. Hence, the Bosman. Unfortunately.

Although you're talking out of your arse, I still love you BNJ. Whatever happened to your pool boy, RF?

Buckfast

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
John Barnes had the worst breath ever. Wait, you're probably not talking about the old "whitecaps scout" are you?

:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Only in Scotland. Haven't the Rangers supporters been in enough soapy bubble in the lst year? Making an issue of this is ridiculous? :confused: Scotland really is in a sad state of affairs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/5287664.stm

Could someone please educate me when it comes to people blessing themselves? Are there any 'branches' of Protestantism which bless themselves? :confused: I"m being serious here because how this has become a police issue is beyond me. :(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
I believe the police took offence to it not Rangers Football Club!!!:rolleyes: Can you blame them???;)

Guinness, with all due respect, it was a portion of the Rangers' supporters who filed the complaint to the Polis........:( And to answer the question......Yes, I can blame them. :(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, Strachan ALMOST gave more points away.....

He decided to start Lennon and Pearson in the cente rof the park leaving Jarosik and Sno on the bench. Lee Naylor made his debut and it was a VERY GOOD one. The bhoy did very little wrong and set up the first goal by an extremely average Zurawski......Thomson and Scott Brown were destroying Lennon and Pearson in the middle of the park and Lennon was ****ing disgraceful. He CAN'T start anymore. He's ****ing done but Strachan can't see this for some reason. :mad:

Miller is actually get worse unfortunately........BUT the big man, Jan Venegoor of Hesselink came on for Miller, with Celtic down 1 - 0 and turned the game around immediately. He started winning a few headers throwing himself about but Man of the Match Aidan McGeady was instrumental in both goals......he sent the ball through to Naylow who set Zurawski up for an easy finish in front of goal.......and McGeady's shot after skipping in from the right side hit the post and big JVOH slotted the rebound....He is a big man.....probably about 6'3'......but has a very nice touch and a GOOD work ethic......

Other than Lennon in particular, Pearson and the Strikers the rest of the Bhoys played well, particularly in the second half.....

Right, gossip time.....

Petrov will be going to Villa for 7 million this week as he was a healthy 'scratch' from the game today, as was Riordan. That bhoy must be ****ing devastated that he came to Celtic and having to sit on the bench like this......although he was in the stands today. :(

Gravesen is VERY close and with Petrov's deal, might be his replacement......

Kilmarnock should take something from Le Huns tomorrow.....:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Business as usual.........

Bank of Scotland Scottish Premier League Table
P GD PTS
1 Celtic 5 5 10
2 Hearts 5 3 10
3 Rangers 5 3 9
4 Aberdeen 5 3 9
5 Kilmarnock 5 -1 8
6 Falkirk 5 0 7
7 St Mirren 5 -1 7
8 Dundee Utd 5 1 6
9 Hibernian 5 0 5
10 Inverness CT 5 -4 3
11 Motherwell 5 -6 3
12 Dunfermline 5 -3 2

Huns 2 Kilmarnock 2

Apparently Kilmarnock scored in injury time on a penalty kick, after two other serious claims for penalties were denied. I guess the ref figured he had to give one, as it was getting ridiculous. :D ;)

Boyd scored both for the Huns which puts him to 4......I have to give the big man credit, he can sure knock in the goals......although he is still waiting to score his first ever goal against Celtic. :D

Gravesen doesn't figure ANYThING will done before the CL deadline with any of the teams who are after him.......

bigbag

Oct 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
taking prso off for rae to solidify the win was shite

without ferguson clement has 2 much to do

there is no backbone on the road, this game should have been over at the half

kilmarnock looked up for it for 10 minutes and that was it until rangers took their foot off the pedal in the 2nd and looked very vulnerable doing so

shambolic goal from a corner for killie to tie but the big man looks the real deal with his 2nd to go ahead, both assisted by prso

hutton looked better today until the ball hit his arm in injury time, I think the ref made the right calls all game on the PK claims, this one he had no choice.:eek:

watched on the rangers webcast, now available for 12 bucks U.S. I was thinking money well spent until the penalty

bigbag

Oct 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
lotsa empty seats in the killie sections, what is it 20 pounds for a shite game in ayrshire?? fricken murder!

reading the reports on the net and newspapers made it sound like the 'gers were dominant- really kilmarnock were absolute mince

it was a shock when they equalised at the end but rangers were struggling to get the winner before prso and the NEW super ally connected. Sebo looks fatto hemdani is sloooooooooooooo and rodriguez is stealin a paycheque

other than that I'm right behind the boys in blue as per usual!;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Balls Performance...
Boydy is the man.

BF: The JJB deal is maybe a little different than what you think.
Rather than the old days of Rangers actually manufacturing their own shirts, and selling the Carling AND the Diadora, and now Umbro, they have allowed Umbro to design and Market the shirts, and to have JJB carry out all online and GB shops...
So this is all for a flat fee that MR Murray used to pay down debt, yet, conversley, if we land a big time name,(not going to happen, but as a for instance) and JJB sells a million of his shirts, RFC sees no additional cash, which in most business practices, has a trade off. They have sold any future growth and development of that side of the business off for a quick buck NOW. I don't like it, but if it helps Murray sell, then good for him. It's his company and club, he should be allowed to do with it what he likes...

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BNJ,

It's the simple equation of opportunity cost. With that said and based on current sales do you think Rangers sold themselves short? Don't think so.

Moreover, if you check their respective EBIDTAs, Rangers don't have much leverage outside of what they received in the deal.

With that being the case, Umbro and JJB deserve to be rewarded for incremental sales. If two large companies, like the aforementioned, whom have greater sales and visibilty channels want to partner and promote Rangers, GO CRAZY. And if they want to do it without any associated costs on our books, GO CRAZIER.

Quite thinking like a chav. This is a business + Rangers in debt = Good buisness. Now if you were trying spend millions on the Grave Digger's son, all bets are off :D

Buckfast

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

Please review. Interested in your thoughts.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j75KT0l9wJI"]YouTube - Gravesen, Real Madrid http://asparagas.free.fr[/ame]

Buckfast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0