Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rrsl 2009

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this coming Tuesday more 1st round playoff games. Havent heard anything from the league with regards as to who we are playing?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this coming Tuesday more 1st round playoff games. Havent heard anything from the league with regards as to who we are playing?

Mr. MacMillan,

It looks like you play CE Celtics at 6:30 at RICHMOND HIGH on the turf in the semi-final game.

The other quarter-final games are being played at South Memorial (Westside Rino vs. Tsawwassen Royals) and South Arm (All-Blacks vs. Westside Knights)

The other semi-final will be the following Tuesday and the final the Tuesday after that on August 11th.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. MacMillan,

It looks like you play CE Celtics at 6:30 at RICHMOND HIGH on the turf in the semi-final game.

The other quarter-final games are being played at South Memorial (Westside Rino vs. Tsawwassen Royals) and South Arm (All-Blacks vs. Westside Knights)

The other semi-final will be the following Tuesday and the final the Tuesday after that on August 11th.

Mr. Burns

Thanks for the update. The league is a touch slow with regards to updating the website. Question is, why are we playing of turf when we can be playing on a perectly good grass pitch in Ladner? Not to mention we finished higher than them in the table? I guess that has nothing to do with where you play?

And its Mc not Mac

Cheers

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Burns

Thanks for the update. The league is a touch slow with regards to updating the website. Question is, why are we playing of turf when we can be playing on a perectly good grass pitch in Ladner? Not to mention we finished higher than them in the table? I guess that has nothing to do with where you play?

And its Mc not Mac

Cheers

Mr. Mc,

I don't do the scheduling. I would e-mail the President and perhaps he could give you an answer. I'm sure most people would prefer the grass so it is worth a phone call. Perhaps the other field has already been paid for and it needs to be used? :confused:

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sidewinder speaks! Where have you been all summer? Glad you enjoyed that result enough to open your gob, I miss you too.

CS,

We may have forfeited/defaulted a game, but I was unaware. Regardless we don't get that game and with the last round of results, that leaves Bingers vs RCIU in one semi and Blaze vs Westside Rangers in the other correct?

If so, predictions anyone? Not you though Sidewinder, prick.

CIC

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Mc,

I don't do the scheduling. I would e-mail the President and perhaps he could give you an answer. I'm sure most people would prefer the grass so it is worth a phone call. Perhaps the other field has already been paid for and it needs to be used? :confused:

Ya fair enough. I told them that we have the field already but they seem to be selective as too which emails they answer. Oh well I will try again. Hope we can get it at Association, its in great shape. Are you reffing the match?

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey C.I.C.[Shagnasty]

"Where have I been?"--simple--not watching a 4th place team--Except when we pissed all over you at South Park the other week.

Its supposed to be a blind draw for the cup, so who knows who plays who.

S/W

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sidewinder speaks! Where have you been all summer? Glad you enjoyed that result enough to open your gob, I miss you too.

CS,

We may have forfeited/defaulted a game, but I was unaware. Regardless we don't get that game and with the last round of results, that leaves Bingers vs RCIU in one semi and Blaze vs Westside Rangers in the other correct?

If so, predictions anyone? Not you though Sidewinder, prick.

CIC

I think Westside won the league and Binger's Army came 4th so they play and Delta Blaze will play RCIU in the other game?????? I'm pretty sure that is who plays

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya fair enough. I told them that we have the field already but they seem to be selective as too which emails they answer. Oh well I will try again. Hope we can get it at Association, its in great shape. Are you reffing the match?

I talked to Dave earlier, D.M, and he said they are played at the turf fields because they have already been paid for. That is also why the Division One final and Division two final will be at King George Turf and Richmond High respectively.

As for your game, it will be at Richmond High for the same reason......I think? I didn't confirm that though.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey C.I.C.[Shagnasty]

"Where have I been?"--simple--not watching a 4th place team--Except when we pissed all over you at South Park the other week.

Its supposed to be a blind draw for the cup, so who knows who plays who.

S/W

Where did you get that, Sidewinder? The reason teams play for the league is to win and get better position for the cup. It is 1 v 4 and 2 v 3....as it is in division two.....1 v 8 2 v 7 and so on.

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
C.S.--I have a good memory. A couple of years ago the 1st placed team played the 2nd placed team in the ist round of the cup.I do not beleive the league has announced a change of cup draws at any a.g.m.'s. Cannot speak for what unannounced changes have beem made at your private executive meetings.Does anyone else have a good memory.

By the way C.S. if your theory is right RCIU would play Bingers on thursday as CIC and his merry band called Blaze finished 4th according to the posted standings.

S/W

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sidewinder, did the league announce the change to have only the top 4 D1 teams in the playoffs at the AGM, because that was a surprise to us when it randomly appeared on the website halfway through the season.

Maybe they just make rules up as they go along?

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point Dezza. Especially with the season ending 1 week earlier this year.No reason for it as it meant 1 of the top 5 teams would get screwed.

There is something vague in the constitution that says that the executive has the power to make temporary rules and regulations as they think fit.guess that covers everything.Too bad for you guys to miss out in the playoffs--we had 2 good games against each other.

Nobby Stiles

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The league did announce at the startup meeting that due to the fact that there were only going to be 6 teams in the league this year there would only be 4 teams making the playoffs. The reason was that we were going to play each team 3 times for a total of 15 league games, leaving less time for the playoffs.

The Pirates were a late addition to the league bringing the number of teams up to 7 and the revised schedule became a home and home with a bye (same as last year after the Delta Rangers dropped out) where each team would play 12 games. Last year all 7 teams made the cup and the #1 team based on the standings received a bye in the QF. Based on this I did ask the executive if we would be reverting to the traditional cup format of all teams making the cup competition, but was told that we would be staying with the 4 team playoff due to time constraints.

The traditional 8 team cup format for the RRSL has always been a random draw out of a hat with no regard for standing, the logic being that there was separate prize money and it was a completely different competition (sort of like the FA cup). I can't remember if they made a decision at the meeting whether to seed the 4 team playoff or to use the random draw.

Based on the standings it looks like if a seeded draw were to happen it would have Westside Rangers hosting Delta Blaze and Bingers Army hosting RCIU.

With all due respect to the various complaints about the executive I think we should all be happy to have a league to play in over the summer that is well organized and for the most part runs quite smoothly.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I talked to Dave earlier, D.M, and he said they are played at the turf fields because they have already been paid for. That is also why the Division One final and Division two final will be at King George Turf and Richmond High respectively.

As for your game, it will be at Richmond High for the same reason......I think? I didn't confirm that though.

So our game is for sure this Tuesday 6:30 at Richmond High turf?
No change on the website and its already Sunday!

Nobby Stiles

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
semi-finals are set for div 1 for this Thursday

Westside Rangers vs Bingers Army @ South Memorial
RCIU vs Delta Blaze @ King George

winners to play in final August 6 @ King George

this should answer the debate as it must have been a random draw

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
semi-finals are set for div 1 for this Thursday

Westside Rangers vs Bingers Army @ South Memorial
RCIU vs Delta Blaze @ King George

winners to play in final August 6 @ King George

this should answer the debate as it must have been a random draw

That's news to me. :) I just organize the refs I suppose. :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So our game is for sure this Tuesday 6:30 at Richmond High turf?
No change on the website and its already Sunday!

How many Tuesdays in a row have you play this summer? :D What time do the games normally start? :D

Quarter Finals.
Game C - Westside Rino "B" vs Tsawwassen Royals @ South Memorial Park Tuesday July 28.
Game D - All Blacks vs Westside Knights @ South Arm 1 Tuesday July 2.

1st Semi Final.
Game X - C.E. Celtics vs Delta United Rangers @ Richmond High School Tuesday July 28.

2nd Semi Final is scheduled for Tuesday August 4th.
Game Y - Winner Game C vs Winner game D.

Pumphouse Cup Final is scheduled for Tuesday August 11th.
Winner Game X vs Winner Game Y.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to wish chris a speedy recovery from a broken ankle in the westside knights v allblacks last night .Chris is always a fierce competitor & has a strong will to win, I herd it was a 50/50 ball .

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0