Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rrsl 2009

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 8 Westside Rangers 1

It was a close one as they showed up with the bare minimum to start the game at 6:45. They got a half decent goal on a long throw followed up with a burnett bounce to get them they're goal. Good to beat these guys as they seem to have had our number the past couple of years. I'm sure the rematch will have the whole premier team out but that's not a problem we'll be ready for them to. Hope all fared well in the opening night and good luck to all the rest of the season.

cheers , The Rattler

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 0 - All Blacks 0 in a yawn fest. A hand full of chances for both sides, but neither team played well. At least the Canucks won...

Burnett is an absolute shocker of a field. There are potholes all over the place and someone is bound to break an ankle this summer.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 8 Westside Rangers 1

It was a close one as they showed up with the bare minimum to start the game at 6:45. They got a half decent goal on a long throw followed up with a burnett bounce to get them they're goal. Good to beat these guys as they seem to have had our number the past couple of years. I'm sure the rematch will have the whole premier team out but that's not a problem we'll be ready for them to. Hope all fared well in the opening night and good luck to all the rest of the season.

cheers , The Rattler

Bare minimum to start....and end. 8 guys....playing a 3-3-1....absolutely brutal!
Totally our fault for not having enough bodies out but have to say the absolute lack of class from certain lads on your team won't be forgotten. Shouting 'boom' after you scored your 5th goal and arguing most offside calls against you in the 2nd half was mindblowing. The game was done.:mad:

Not sure if we'll have the 'whole premier team out' next game, but I promise you it will be a problem for the mighty Knights, whether you're ready or not.

Very much looking forward to it.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
There may have been a lack of class from some of the players out their but those who you may have had a problem with are new lads that are coming out to the team for the first time and just trying to find their way on a new team. Although I may not agree with some of their actions I was on a Knights team that took a 10-1 drubbing from you lot a few years ago and to say that revenge has been coming is an understatement. I seem to remember quite a few of your lads "taking the piss" as the score to was escalating at an alarming rate. In closing I will leave you with this your team yesterday deserved that and so did ours years ago the piss taking from both sides that goes on during the drubbing is only natural and I say we just leave it at that. I look forward to a rematch as I know both sides will be better prepared for a big game good luck and keep smilin'

cheers , The Rattler

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
There may have been a lack of class from some of the players out their but those who you may have had a problem with are new lads that are coming out to the team for the first time and just trying to find their way on a new team. Although I may not agree with some of their actions I was on a Knights team that took a 10-1 drubbing from you lot a few years ago and to say that revenge has been coming is an understatement. I seem to remember quite a few of your lads "taking the piss" as the score to was escalating at an alarming rate. In closing I will leave you with this your team yesterday deserved that and so did ours years ago the piss taking from both sides that goes on during the drubbing is only natural and I say we just leave it at that. I look forward to a rematch as I know both sides will be better prepared for a big game good luck and keep smilin'

cheers , The Rattler

I don't know anything about a 10-1 spanking a few years ago. Not sure if I was even in Vancouver. I'm willing to bet though that you didn't have 8 guys playing.
No team deserves that sort of classless rubbish. It speaks volumes to character. There is nothing natural about it and shows complete disrespect. That is what I will remember in the rematch. If you had new guys on your team, then others should have had a word.

Of course we will be better prepared in the rematch. We won't have only 8 guys show up. In having a gander at your lot last night, I'm quite confident in saying that that is the most prepared you would ever be.

Always smiling my friend. I never go out on a limb, but I promise you I will be absolutely ecstatic after the rematch.

Please make sure #2 makes that one, would you?;)

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just as long as your pearly whites are there i'm sure he will be more than willing to oblige. You can call it classless you can call it what you want payback is payback and as far as i'm concerned that one was a long time coming. So as for that we'll see you at the next match and maybe enjoy a pint after if the canux aren't playing and the weather is a bit better. Always entertaining getting to watch a bear dance .... :wa::bronco::knvb:

on to next week , the Rattler

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bare minimum to start....and end. 8 guys....playing a 3-3-1....absolutely brutal!
Totally our fault for not having enough bodies out but have to say the absolute lack of class from certain lads on your team won't be forgotten. Shouting 'boom' after you scored your 5th goal and arguing most offside calls against you in the 2nd half was mindblowing. The game was done.:mad:

Not sure if we'll have the 'whole premier team out' next game, but I promise you it will be a problem for the mighty Knights, whether you're ready or not.

Very much looking forward to it.

And I'm going to pencil myself in right now to ref this one. :D

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
At least neither side will be able to blame the reffing for their demise .... ;)

Good job Captain always takin' the bull by the horns :)

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember the 10-1 drubbing. We had 11 on the pitch and so did you. The revenge for your team will come when you beat us with the same amount of player on the field not when we show up with 8 guys!

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RCIU 'A' 3-1 Bingers Army

A solid performance to start the 2009 season...it was going to be a tough test against the always competitive Bingers squad for our young guys, but they answered the call. With our Premier players still involved in Provincial Cup and several players taking some time off, we turned to the young lads of RCIU from our U21 squad and those who made such an impact with our Div. 1 squad this past season...in short, they were fantastic...battling Bingers hard for everything, but displaying their excellent ability to play quick 2 & 3 touch soccer. By half-time, we were up 2-1 off of two excellently taken goals and you could see how tired many of the Army were already...not easy chasing young 18-21 year olds around who at all fit, fast, and anxious to compete and impress coach (yours truly). The 2nd half saw Bingers regain a little more control as our guys became a bit complacent, eventually giving up a PK with about 15mins left...I had thankfully been protected well in net (2nd game of 2009) by my young defenders (thank god! :eek:), so I decided to fall over to my right and stop the PK to maintain the score...minutes later, we carved open Bingers and Erik scored his second goal of the match to seal the deal 3-1. Awesome performances by all the young lads, as well as our senior players Nondo, Rota, & Karl.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 4 Hammerheads 1

Well they cut the grass at burnett which made it appear to be in alright condition , but looks can be deceiving. Thank god we only have 2 more games on that pitch it's just shocking , but what can u do. Anyways we missed a few opportunities as there goalie made some good saves in close and their goal was a well taken shot to go through 3 guys. Good bunch of guys the hammerheads as there was not really much else worth discussing , onto next week .

cheers , the Rattler

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alemania 2 - All Blacks 1. Alemania are an eager young bunch, unfortunately their coach is a real knob who should be gagged and hog tied. We were up 1-0 at half and then pretty much self-destructed and let them score a very decent winning goal. In the middle of the park wee man Deucy did a better than average job. Agree with the Rattler that Burnett is the skid row of Richmond parks. I found 2 range balls in our 18 yard box prior to the game. A gravel park would be a step up from this shite.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tuna, it would be worthwhile contacting Parks and Rec. I know we(the league) are too. Why should we have to pay for fields that are an obvious health hazard? Burnett is a fcukign joke and should NEVER be used.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0