Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rrsl 2009

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to wish chris a speedy recovery from a broken ankle in the westside knights v allblacks last night .Chris is always a fierce competitor & has a strong will to win, I herd it was a 50/50 ball .

Yes, it was and it was a very fair challenge by both players. Terrible luck for Chris. :( The game ended up 2 - 1 for the All-Blacks....after the 35 minute delay.

Good luck on his recovery.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside No Finish Knights 1 Allblacks 2

Well first off just want to wish "crow" / chris a speedy recovery from the broken leg on a fair 50/50 challenge in which I had the first hand visual of a Larsson-like break. Lots of chances by us with no finish , their keeper pulls one off the line sends it the other way for a breakaway to make it 2-1 them. Just a real story for this team is the kick and run play which kills us every year instead of holding on to the ball and controlling it which is what was already working for us. Give the Allblacks' credit they battled hard and took the game that we should have put away in the first half away from us and won. Good luck the rest of the way through as it's always hard losing a player with a bad break and pissing away the victory.

cheers , the Rattler

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
All Blacks wish Chris all the best with his recovery. It's always terrible to see something like that happen.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was the result in Game X (Delta vs. CI Celtic)?

Has a venue been selected for Game Y (Rino vs. All Blacks) yet?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza,

CE Celtic 2 Delta 1

Game Y I BELIEVE is to be played at Richmond High School...as it has already been booked. I could be wrong but I seem to remember seeing that in the e-mail which was sent out.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Update on Crow :

Had surgery yesterday rod inserted both tib / fib clean break docs say four months I say start 2011 winter season good luck on the recovery crow.

cheers , the rattler

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Binger's Army 2 Westside 1

Red Card: Dancing Bear :eek:

WTF? :confused:

I'll try and make this short and sweet and hopefully the wee inept jobby that reffed the game last night is on TTP. I've played football for a lot of years and in a few different places but never in my cream puff have I ever witnessed garbage from that daft wee boy last night.
I've fully deserved to have been sent off before, but you could ask any one of 22 lads last night and they would say that I never deserved that.
First yellow was when I was standing at the front post on a Binger's corner...arms at my side. The Bingers lad tried to dummy it, it hit me and went out for a corner.
Little Neema gives a penalty saying I was holding him. I get a yellow for what was explained to me as a reckless, brutal foul!!!!!!!!!! What the daffy duck!! You're having a laugh surely! I would never be stupid enough to put my arms around an opponent in the box in the first place but then to get booked for a reckless foul???????????????????????
They tie it up.

5 minutes or so afterwards, our forward gets hammered from behind. A few of us get annoyed. I ask the ref if that was considered (insert mild swear word) reckless and brutal.....second yellow. Off.
There were a few of us at him to be fair but he singled me out. It was laughable.

It wasn't a dirty game but there were a few tackles that would have been deemed 'reckless' if going by a phantom penalty call earlier but not one card came out after that.

The lads played for over an hour down a man which I don't feel exactly great about and honestly were the better team. Hard work and better chances with Smalley coming close hitting one off the bar.

The boy in the middle won that game for Bingers (no disrespect to Bingers).
It's stuff like that that makes me wonder about playing at all. I understand someone's got to do it, but ffs, you're still getting some money for it, at least do a decent job! Make sense. Be consistent. If you're shite, then be shite for both teams!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The more I write this, the angrier I get. Burnsy, please tell me we have better than that Neema kid? Please....for the love of God!!!!

Absolutely second to none garbage and made a mockery of the game last night!!!

Wanker!:mad:

Nobby Stiles

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The more I write this, the angrier I get. Burnsy, please tell me we have better than that Neema kid? Please....for the love of God!!!!

Absolutely second to none garbage and made a mockery of the game last night!!!

Wanker!:mad:

Hard to argue with some of what you say DB.

Yes the PK and the first yellow were rather harsh, although you are constantly on the refs radar due to your persistent nattering and your language. I agree that down to 10 men your squad were often the better side and created some quality chances and were unlucky not to grab another goal.

In the end it was an outstanding individual effort by LG beating at least 3 men and then deftly chipping it over the onrushing keeper to clinch the win. It was another great battle in a longstanding rivalry between 2 solid squads that was played at a high level of intensity but still had both teams showing a great deal of respect for each other.

As for the man in the middle I would say that at best he was inconsistent. At times he looked in control but he had too many patches where he seemed to lose confidence and subsequently lost the faith of the players on the pitch.

Finally as to the second yellow, you have only yourself to blame. You owe it to your teammates to keep quiet in that situation no matter what your opinions of the referee are. You should be proud of your teammates for their outstanding effort over the final 60 minutes.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
more importantly... did he pay up?

yapping yellow = a round for the boys
yapping sending off = buy the cooler

must have been an expensive evening.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi Dancing bear whats a little neema kid ?
AS for Lance winning the game for bingers ,he is excellent premier player & is wasting his talent playing div 1 VMSL winter league

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Rino 2- Royals 0.

They got an early one with one of our mids play keeper as our regular keeps was on his way from work. Nice rip from well out that froze him.

After that though I'd argue it was fairly even match, even with our lack of opportunities. Our D held them all game til the bitter end when we got a little fed up with our forwards lack of production. All well, it was good match.

Good luck to the rest of the teams in div.2 and div.1. Looking forward to seeing some of you in the fall.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AS for Lance winning the game for bingers ,he is excellent premier player & is wasting his talent playing div 1 VMSL winter league

No chance Lance is their best player he blows, its got to be Big GK without question..

Does anybody hear that?

Silence.

Sidewinder, oh Sidewinder where are you? Nothing to say after last nights fixture? :)

A big win for the Blaze last night in a 90 minute battle. The youth for RCIU is in full affect, as they certainly don't stop running hard. A much needed victory for the squad also after a piss poor finish to end the league. Onto the final...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Rino 2- Royals 0.

They got an early one with one of our mids play keeper as our regular keeps was on his way from work. Nice rip from well out that froze him.

After that though I'd argue it was fairly even match, even with our lack of opportunities. Our D held them all game til the bitter end when we got a little fed up with our forwards lack of production. All well, it was good match.

Good luck to the rest of the teams in div.2 and div.1. Looking forward to seeing some of you in the fall.

You guys definitely gave a determined effort, and made it difficult for us. There was a period at the start of the second half when we missed a lot of chances and I started to worry that we were letting you guys hang around too long and you might nick one against the play, but finally the 2nd went in.

Thanks for the big tie against the All Blacks that gave us the league title :)

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard to argue with some of what you say DB.

Yes the PK and the first yellow were rather harsh, although you are constantly on the refs radar due to your persistent nattering and your language. I agree that down to 10 men your squad were often the better side and created some quality chances and were unlucky not to grab another goal.

In the end it was an outstanding individual effort by LG beating at least 3 men and then deftly chipping it over the onrushing keeper to clinch the win. It was another great battle in a longstanding rivalry between 2 solid squads that was played at a high level of intensity but still had both teams showing a great deal of respect for each other.

As for the man in the middle I would say that at best he was inconsistent. At times he looked in control but he had too many patches where he seemed to lose confidence and subsequently lost the faith of the players on the pitch.

Finally as to the second yellow, you have only yourself to blame. You owe it to your teammates to keep quiet in that situation no matter what your opinions of the referee are. You should be proud of your teammates for their outstanding effort over the final 60 minutes.

NS,

The 2nd yellow was a yapping yellow yes, but there were a lot of lads screaming at the referee after our forward had been brought down.....and that was a reckless foul. He picked me because he had been looking for an excuse. That was my fault and I should know better.
My only rationale is that he had just given a penalty that wasn't a penalty that let the tying goal in and a yellow card for me apparently recklessly holding an opponent. How do you recklessly hold an opponent incidentally?
I was mad at the time because it had just happened but the ref could have used some common sense.

I play with passion and that relates to doing a bit of talking rightly or wrongly in your eyes. Either way, I don't give a toss. Other referees you can talk to because there is a mutual respect between player and official.
If the ref had been consistent, that would have been a yellow to the Bingers lad. It wasn't and I questioned it.
Referees know that there is some talking during a game. It's par for the course and if that flusters them, they should go play ulimate frisbee.
Both teams were yelling last night and frankly, the referee got out of his depth. It was weak sauce and it is terribly frustrating.

Bingers are a hard working team. All the best to them in the final. Lance is always a handful but last night you needed more than him. He showed up for you too.

Lastly, I am always proud to be playing alongside the boys at Westside. Getting sent off last night didn't help the boys but I am proud of the way they adjusted. I certainly don't need your advice as to how proud I should be for their outstanding effort.

Sixfyv, one yapping yellow.

Smartcoach, it's his name.

Out.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0