Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Richmond Senior Soccer League 2007-2008

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
with the div 1/div 2 cup at 10am and the premier cup at noon, it would have been great to showcase the 2 finals on turf. of course that depended on turf availability on that sunday.

ante up 1-0 over athletics and 7-1 all-blacks over hounds is what I heard.

so dragons vs moan up and harps vs all-blacks ???

Bifficus

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why? 90% of the league games are on turf?
Turf fields are mainly used in premier. Having said that I think the games would have been better calibre if played on turf.
Question for Canucklehead.

Can you not make an arrangement with Roger and see if you could get either RAT or a BAT field for four hours? I talked to him this past week and he said that the fields at Boyd are not even close to being used to full capacity. I know it would cost a bit, but you can off set that by charging teams (ravens) for not showing up for a quarter final game.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
90% of league is played on turf????
Not even close. 4 games a week are on turf and we have have 14 games a week. Nobody ever confused me with a mathamatician but that doesn't even come close to 90%.;)

Heres what you do: Take 4 and divide by 14. Then multiply that answer by 100. 4/14=0.2857X100=28.6%.

Always happy to help.

no right peg

May 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canuckelehead,

You are correct, Richmond does not have quality grass fields. If so, then is there room on the turf? Are you saying that there are no Turf fields available or just that you don't want a final on turf?

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canuckelehead,

You are correct, Richmond does not have quality grass fields. If so, then is there room on the turf? Are you saying that there are no Turf fields available or just that you don't want a final on turf?

I'd rather have finals on grass. We don't have a 4 hour turf slot on Sundays to start with. With that being said; I am sure that I could have arranged one but the game should be played on grass and not plastic.

TMA

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd rather have finals on grass. We don't have a 4 hour turf slot on Sundays to start with. With that being said; I am sure that I could have arranged one but the game should be played on grass and not plastic.

Since Richmond has few quality grassfields, particularly at this time of year, as you state and since the turf pitches are so superior to the available grass ones and you could have arranged to get one, why did you not do that? Mastermind indeed!

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love reading posts from guys like this. Step up, volunteer, help the league out, rather than spout off when things don't go the way you like them.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since Richmond has few quality grassfields, particularly at this time of year, as you state and since the turf pitches are so superior to the available grass ones and you could have arranged to get one, why did you not do that? Mastermind indeed!

Did you miss the part about "preferring not to play on plastic?" :rolleyes:

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like grass too. But if the teams prefer plastic and it was available, the players should win over the executives preference.

oh well. hope it doesn't rain in 2 weeks on mucknair.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like grass too. But if the teams prefer plastic and it was available, the players should win over the executives preference.

oh well. hope it doesn't rain in 2 weeks on mucknair.

By you response, it's obvious you like grass, but this is a soccer forum. stay on topic
:D
Great idea...we should take a poll of players and managers preferences on every decision the league must make in operating and managing the league's affairs and rule accordingly. That really worked well this past season and saw 1 div with 6 teams, another with 13 and one with 11. Wow...3 groups of ten was such a radical idea....:rolleyes:;)

TMA: Since you have so many quality ideas and opinions about the affairs of the league and how we manage them, why don't you step up and get involved with helping out at Provincial Cup this year? We could really use your profound insight...
That's what I though...
Anyways...

TMA

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry if you are offened Canucklehead-actually I thought that since you are in the driver's seat you could take suggestions but apparently that is not the case. Nothing personal-I just enjoy the game and would like to see it played under the best available conditions. Enjoy the day and try some tea it does soothe the nerves.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry if you are offened Canucklehead-actually I thought that since you are in the driver's seat you could take suggestions but apparently that is not the case. Nothing personal-I just enjoy the game and would like to see it played under the best available conditions. Enjoy the day and try some tea it does soothe the nerves.

Hey if your gonna be a twat have the balls to take some heat. Constant posts regarding the upkeep of the website, and then your last moan about the fields and all this in under 5 posts. You get my vote for March's bitch of the month. Please download your free prize from Midol.com

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok Lev, Where do you suggest? "Mastermind" asking...
The bottom line is that Richmond lacks "quality" grass fields at this time of year. In time, field condition will improve, but I can only play the cards I'm dealt. And playing Finals on turf is not a good solution either. McNair is in better shape then in the past since it had a ton of work done last summer, Minoru Oval is marginally better then it usually is but is still garbage, Blundell is torn up to shite thanks to rugby, Boyd #4 and Oval we do not have allocations for, Honda, SA #4 KG #1, Hamilton and McMath are all worse then McNair. So again, where do you suggest?

Levy doesn't like to wash his own socks if we play on dirt. Don't worry, we'll put more money into the laundry budget for next year. Or we'll get yen to do it for cheaper.

no right peg

May 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

If Richmond had quality grass pitches, all of us would love to play on them. We all agree that the final should be played on grass. The weather lately will do wonders to grow plush grass on an extremely level field that Mucknair proves to be every year. I especially enjoy the small creeks which are used, or have been as lines for the gridiron players. We will be fine regardless of where we play, just trying to help Ninja decide which pair of doing shoes he should wear for playoffs.

You are doing a masterful job, Canucklehead, and we all apprectiate all that you do to make this league what it is and what it will be! I would hate to be in your shoes!

Steve 1234,
You have a go at TMA about his whining, thus, I have to ask; as I am unaware of everyone's true identity, what do you do to help the league?

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Really...no offence taken TMA. But I eagerly await your support to volunteer this summer with Provincials. All I ask is for your support to pull off the best Senior B Cup that we can this summer, and as you are a man of obvious wisdom and apperenly have a detailed understanding of the proccess in place with whom and how we book, arrange and allocate fields then you would be a real blessing to have on board.:rolleyes:

Now...off to sip come Earl Grey. SERENITY NOW!!!

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Richmond had quality grass pitches, all of us would love to play on them. We all agree that the final should be played on grass. The weather lately will do wonders to grow plush grass on an extremely level field that Mucknair proves to be every year. I especially enjoy the small creeks which are used, or have been as lines for the gridiron players. We will be fine regardless of where we play, just trying to help Ninja decide which pair of doing shoes he should wear for playoffs.

You are doing a masterful job, Canucklehead, and we all apprectiate all that you do to make this league what it is and what it will be! I would hate to be in your shoes!

Steve 1234,
You have a go at TMA about his whining, thus, I have to ask; as I am unaware of everyone's true identity, what do you do to help the league?

Steve is involved with organizing Delta O35's...And you???;)

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Official Press Release:
As of 2008-03-17 No Right Peg is now special advisor to Canucklehead. The Master of Puppets has arrived.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0