Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Reserve, Div 1, through 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforvever,

Welcome to TTP it's good to see somebody else here in the FVSL thread stirring up some shite.

Since your team is a CAT team for SC Pegasus, are you guys going to be able to defend your Pakenham cup title this year?

It would be a shame if your team isn't able to defend your title.

Will both Surrey City teams be able to participate in the Pakenham Cup or just one?

Just Wondering.

Sliver

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looks like the new guy has a few Samon on his line here.

Breakfast: That would be TexasRangersForever to you.
Two week extension penalty imposed now.

Dude, listen son, even the best can have an off day ya know.
Age has nothing to do with the fact it takes us 60 minutes to warm up.

Boo hoo Skyflame - I think the only thing up anyone's arse here is your nose up POCO's. Please confirm for me if you are a member of that club. Because if you're not you are pathetic and a wannabe.
Didn't I tell you to stay away from the glue?

Hey Sliver, long time no chat.
You guys looked good on the weekend unfortunately.
We want to go in the Pak and obviously so does our premier team. I think we'll be choked if we're denied.
I don't think anyone will be pleased if we go into another cup considering the grief banter going on here.

I'm off to crawl away into my wee hole.
:p

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Salmon response

Dad: I was grieving, more because it contradicts the idea of having a "Reserve" team. The idea of Reserves is that the other club teams can call upon them and send players to them. The strength- or lack or strength- of the reserve team should, therefore, reflect the overall strength of the club. I don't see the point of completely re-arranging the divisions- and teams in the divisions- if the Reserve teams are allowed to play in the same Cups. It doesn't make sense. As a Club guy, I prefer having the Rangers be able to defend their Championship. For the overall good of the league, however, it is a bad move.

Now, please don't hold back my allowance.

DWMC- ihavegottogetsomegoddamnworkdone.stupidtsite!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think anyone will be pleased if we go into another cup considering the grief banter going on here.

I would love another shot at you guys. In either cup!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's better TR.

Patience my boy, you will get it. (According to Mike Roberts)

Do we not see you in the league anyway?

I guess we didn't see you last year when the Premier team was created? Or did we? I forget. (It's an age thing)

Hey DWMC, you have a point regarding the CAT league young lad.
Your allowance is still intact for the moment.

However, I don't see a solution though as if you create a separate cup for the CAT they don't get to challenge outside of the division.

The premier league this year will be much stronger as a result of the CAT division. The Pakenham could be weakened or stregthened, same as the President's. It all depends on which team the strong players in the CAT pledge their allegiance to; the premier team or the reserve team.

I think it's also the only fair way for a strong club to potentially put two teams in the B.C.s. Why should a club be denied that?
Peg, Fireman, Metro Ford, etc. have done this in the past.

Cup tie an individual to a team and let the chips fall as they may.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup.

Twice in the league, and I guess a cup game somewhere maybe. I look forward to it. I still have nightmares about that game in Chilliwack.:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup Play

Ranger, TR, and anybody else who cares about Cup Play:

The solution is already in place. Now you may be thinking, "What the hell is Dude smoking?"

Solution: by having a strong Reserve system, club teams can draw from the Cat team for Cup play. Example: our 1st division club team, the Storm, could arguably put in a pretty strong Pakenham Cup team by drawing from the Reserve team. This way, SC would have two teams competing for the same Cup. The end result is that the Pakenham Cup competition will be MORE competitive. The casualty may be the President's Cup, but maybe not. If a club felt that their 1st div team had a better chance at the President's Cup, they could allocate some players towards the Premier team, and others towards the 1st div squad. This is how I think most people envisioned this working. If the Reserve team is allowed to compete for the same Cups, what encourages those players, and coaches, to go help out the other Club teams? The Reserve system, therefore, becomes redundant. To make our league stronger (a common goal for most FVSL posters- except the Slug), we have to do things properly.

You see, despite popular belief, the Dude is always thinking...for a full copy of the Dude's thesis, go to www.thedudeknowsall.com .

I think I hear Mrs. DWMC calling...something about mowing the lawn.

OUT

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buddah

TR,

I'm not sure where Dave is playing this year, as you probably know he was with the poco div 2 team last season. I'll try and find out at training tonight.

Sliver

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

Predictions (revised):

Prem: Poco Dominion 937, Aldergorve 1. See previous posts, revised because I don't think the Aldergrove defence is as stong as I once felt.
SC Peg 2, TP 1. SC is due, and may get some Ranger help as the Rangers play Saturday (good scheduling move by the club)

Reserves:
SC Rangers 2, TP 0. Da Rangers defence is like a brick wall.

Div 1:
SC Storm 2, Engineers 1. Motorbike and the guy with one name one each. Does anybody know anything about Fransen?

Div 2:
SC Royals 1, Poco Raiders 0. Royals need to win with defence. Sigs with lone goal, Len makes several stellar saves. Dude & Mexico finnish off game in midfield battered and bruised after being continuously beaten by the big Poco boys.

Anybody else?

DWMC

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Predictions

Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?

SC Peg 2, TP 1. SC is due, and may get some Ranger help as the Rangers play Saturday (good scheduling move by the club)

DWMC

DWMC

Got to go against you here, SC Peg 1 - TP 2. Very good call by the Rangers to schedule Sat and Sun games. 1 day rest rather than 1/2 hour rest is a big difference to a player that gets called up to play two games.

Anyone going to tonight's game-Razorbacks vs Delta

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There shouldn't be games today

Maybe this reply is better suited elsewhere, but the question was asked here.

I won't be attending any games today. The FVSL should have re-scheduled today's game. Friday, September 14th has officially been declared a National Day of Mourning for our neighbours. I think it would have been appropriate to re-schedule that game for the weekend, or Monday night.

Just my opinion. Be sure to light a candle @ 4:00 PM PST.

DWMC.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree

DWMC

I agree with the rescheduling. It is out of consideration for everyone. Even though we are not American's we should still recognize a day of grieving for them.

It's not like we are the CFL and can't afford to postpone a game or the league will go bankrupt.

We should just do it out of respect.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
game

I think the game should go on, alot of stuff has gone on this week and the game could be a good tension release. While we all feel for the people in NewYork and all the people affected we can't let these Terrorist Pricks run or ruin our lives.
Plus who wants to miss the chance of seeing a Razorback get whacked with studs up.

skytrainlookingfwdtodeltakickinsomerazorass

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Postponment

Skytrain:

You're just repeating a lot of the rhetoric that has been spued all over the sports talk airwaves (except for that part about nailing a Razorback studs up, which I didn't hear on the TEAM this morning). We're not talking about postponing games for the weekend, we're talking about recognizing- what has become- a North American day of mourning. I think it is very appropriate to collectively grieve for the victims today. I think the FVSL should have taken the lead of every other league out there- even the CFL- to not play today. It was one game on one day, which could have been easily re-scheduled.

This weekend is more about getting on with our lives, and I agree that terrorism cannot become a dictator to our everyday living. I just think that by not recognizing an International Day of Mourning, we are being disrespectful and shortsighted.

DWMC.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although I think the Dudes heart is in the right place, I agree with Skytrain. The show must go on. If we stop doing what we love to do then they have won. I will be there tonight, and I will make sure that there is a moment of Silence before the game. Whether the ref does one or not, me, and the people I'm hanging out with at the park will. This is by no means over but, what's done is done. It's time to move on, and try to get things back to normal.

T"Ican'tstandAllouetteUnited"R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0