Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Reserve, Div 1, through 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can see a playoff, for bragging rights of the best club, but not a Cup.

That's what I meant when I said, "Cup play." I totally agree that reserve teams shouldn't be allowed in the Presidents Cup, and obviously they can't play in the Packenham Cup. A league cup would be perfect. What about being cup tied though? If you play for your premier team in Packenham, can you still play in your league cup?:confused:

razorbacks

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I heard from Neil Fuge & Rob Brown they are going to have a separate cup but you will not be able to bring your Premier players into that cup but you could bring in U-21 players in there . But don't hold me to that you never know they might chang that .

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the hell is with the allignment?

As Razor stated in the Premier thread, the divisional alignments are posted on the FVSL site, under schedules.

Can anybody explain to me how they decided on the alignment? It seems to me, they simply turned Div. 1 into Div. 1 Cat, Div 2 into 1, Div.3 into 2, Div. 4 into 3, Div 5 into 4, and eliminated Div. 5. On top of that, it appears that teams that did earn "Promotion" did not get promoted at all, as these teams seem to be grouped with many of the same teams as last year. I know, in our case (SC Royals), we were to be promoted to Div. 2. Basically, we tied for 2nd on points, but were awarded 3rd because the H&L won the season series between our two teams. The SC Knights, however, disbanded, so the Royals in essence took the spot within the Club and were to be promoted in lieu of the Knights. That makes sense (we also won the Playoffs- which we now find out meant nothing- so we justified to the Club that we would be competitive, in Div. 2.). What doesn't make sense is that many of the teams that finished much lower were also "Promoted". We even have teams from last year's Div. 4 all of a sudden in Div. 2. I also have noticed that although the SC Storm and LUFC (last year Div. 2 top 2) were promoted to Div. 1, so were most of the other teams they battled that year.

Basically, it seems as though last season's battle for promotion was for naught. I do think, however, everything will work itself out this season, as the Cat teams won't change at all, and rightful teams will be promoted / demoted.

So, in a nutshell, Dude isn't bitter, just confused. I hope the league develops a firm policy on promotion / demotion this season (now that the division alignments seem set for good), and sticks to it. I think that this season we'll see some funny results, and lopsided divisions. If the league, however, sticks to a firm promotion / demotion policy, the weaker teams will be dropped, and the stronger teams promoted.

Anybody else have a take?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody else have a take?

You had to know they were going to do something like that after they eliminated Div 5. Give it a year or two, and if they decide to leave things alone for awhile, it will sort itself out. I was a little dissapointed to see only nine teams in reserve.

What in Gods name are you doing up, and writing a short story at 4:55 AM? Even I don't get up that early.:eek:

TR.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Insomnia

TR: Never mind being up @ 4:55, I never got to sleep all night. We had training on Tuesday, so the adrenaline left over seems to carry through the rest of the night. I have a home office, so I just come downstairs and work, and when I checked my mails saw that Razor had put in a post. I checked the sites, and the rest is history.

I’m not really worried either. Things will work themselves out. I just thought it was weird. Its not like the Cat teams will be promoted or demoted!

DWMC.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week One.

The schedule for week one(all divisions)has been added to the calendar. I'll add week two shortly.

Dude, how come your home games are at ten am? A little home field advantage thing?;)

TR.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game times

TR:

Something like that. We were actually going to do Saturdays, but our coach couldn't commit to that, so we decided to stick w/ 10:00. Is good...most of our boys have enough maturity not to get too carried away Saturday night, and by playing @ 10:00, it give us married guys the rest of the day to spend with our kids.

I guess the side benefit is that we have to get you and the Poco guys out of bed extra early!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?

Only 10 year-olds, girls, and oldtimers play at that ungodly hour for league games!

~TB.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game times

Regs: That explains why I saw you lurking around the park last year that one time, then never again...you were disapointed there were no 10 year old girls to watch!:D

We had our choice, and most of the guys prefer 10:00. It has actually never been a problem.

TR: You guys meaning GEUSC.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game on!

Well Yoda,

Game one vs Aldergrove. How do you think we'll do? I guess it sort of depends on who we have in net hey? Will it be Duncan, Andrew, or TheRob? Who knows. If it's TheRob(which it won't be:) )I gaurandamntee the win.;)

TR.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Duncan? Who's that?
It will depend on who shows up the most sober for our keepers.
How can you garantee a win with TR in net? Aren't you still a little shaky from that foot injury you had? Wasn't it a splinter in the baby toe or something?
I predict a win. A close game but a win.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Duncan was the U-21 keeper last year.

I said guarandamntee a win, not guarantee. Please don't take my comments and twist them around anymore.:mad:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper

Is Duncan any good?

As for twisting your comments. Nobody cares what you say anyways, I was just repeating it in case your short term memory forgot what you wrote in your last post.

I think maybe I will play on the opposition tonight just so I can hack through your shins all night.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why are you starting a new thread for this? DUMBASS

I've moved it to the proper thread. That's two strikes. Don't let there be another.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just keeping you on your toes, dumbass
I will try harder next time to watch what I am doing but it's tough because I actually do other work here at my job unlike you who does no other work except administrate ttp threads.

Must be nice.

:D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually do other work here at my job unlike you who does no other work except administrate ttp threads.

No argument there, and yes........it is nice.:D

See you at the park.

TR.

razorbacks

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
POCO CITY NON reserve Div 1 / 2

A.U. RAZORBACKS reserve Div 1 / 1

Was a pretty good game between both teams could have gone either way we had alot of our U-21 playing for us tonight 7 u-21 players but Poco City is going to be a tough team to beat probably one of the top 2 teams on the other Div 1 side .We also heard tonight Poco City Pacifac folded they didn't have enough players.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poor Dude

Hey Dude,

Just got word today that reserve teams will be able to compete in all cups.:eek: Not sure about a reserve team playing in the Packenham cup. What happens if they draw their own premier team. Another valley screw-up. Any thoughts?

I hear you guys played the mighty Rangers last week. How'd you look?

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
all teams in cups

All teams should be eligable for the Pak Cup if they want, But they should be prepared so they don't get their but kicked. As for 2 club teams playing against each other, all for it, gives some good fuel for slagging and bragging rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0