Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Reserve, Div 1, through 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC vs. SC Royals

Demolition:

When I said #3 better watch himself, I was more implying that he already has 2 strikes against him, not that he'll be head-hunted right off the bat. Even if the two tackles I was referring to weren't intentional, they were still cheap. It seems he is one of those good "young guns" I was referring to earlier. He's a good player and was continuously applying pressure to the defence all game long.

It seemed both teams were a bit rusty, but the pace was fairly good, and the game didn't lack excitement. I'm looking forward to the rematch later this year. Hopefully we'll both be battling for 1st!

DWMC

P.S.: Are you guys affiliated w/ the Players?

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure how the affiliation works with the players but they are part of the club and are a fairly strong squad.
I would just like to know how many coyote players were sent off the feild for them to score 8 goals, as I have played against the coyotes and for me that has got to be one of the dirtiest and cheap shot teams I have ever played against.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dirty Dogs

I agree. It's a discrace that they were not only moved up to 2nd division after their poor showing in 3rd last season, but that they were even allowed to stay in the league. After we beat them in the playoff semis, they didn't even show up for their consolation game against White Rock. They are cheep, continuously abuse officials, and can't control their fans. This is what I don't get about the league's decision on some of the promotions / demotions.

The Players are a very quick team, and can score in bunches. They were our toughest opponent last year. The only time we beat them was 4-0 in the finals. The last 3 goals came in the final 10 minutes, so the game was closer than the score indicates.

DWMC

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good day lads, first time poster here.
I suppose our little problems don't measure up on a day like today, but I've got one comment regarding cups.
I believe that any team should be able to enter the Pakenham, even the CAT reserve teams.
I may be a bit biased but, it seems fair enough to do as long as you are cup tied with that particular team.
You can move up and down all season long, but, once you've played a cup game for any team you are tied for the rest of the season, regardles if it's the Pakenham, the President's or any other one.
I certainly hope so as our intentions are to go in the Big Daddy again this year.
I like this FVSL thread, there's some fine fisticuffs going on.

:D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger,

Welcome to TTP! If you have any questions, feel free to contact myself, or any of the other moderators.

TheRob

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why Ranger, Why?

I meant to type this earlier, but had to leave work.

Ranger,

Is it safe to assume that you play for SC Rangers? If so, then answer me one question. Why is the best team(sorry Skytrain, Sliver) in the FVSL playing in the reserve division? Don't you think it would be more challenging for the Rangers in Premier? Or is that the problem?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob:
I was going to ask you if you were going to reply to my comment.
Yes, indeed, I am a Ranger.
What was your first clue? (Attempting to attain junior status)
Thank you regarding the Surrey ranking. (I think)
The reasons are as follows for us not going into premier:
Not so long ago we were shite.
However, as we got older (80% of guys over 30), some of our buddies from the premier team and other teams joined us.
We got substantially better.
Our premier team program got worse.
We are TRYING to get our premier program back on track and to do so we have to go with youth.
We are reasonably fit for our age but most can't play 90.
The premier league has (or had) substitute restrictions that we couldn't accept as we believe in playing everyone.
The last two years even amazed the cheeky Rangers.
We do not rate ourselves the way you and other people have.
We're a bunch of has beens who still love to knock the cassaba around. That's it.
The league expressed wishes to us in the off season and we were seriously considering it.
But, we feel we have a coach at the Premier level and a new bunch of guys to take over the Premier spot.
Also, thanks to the CAT system, you will see a few Rangers playing in the top flight this year anyway.
We would relish the challenge of Premier and maybe do well for a year or two. MAYBE.
It shocked us when we won the President's cup two years ago.
It knocked on our ass when we won the Packenham last year.
Honestly.
We're just trying to revive our premier program.
Sorry that people think we're stacking our side to win Div. 1.
We're not afraid of premier teams, but we can see the difference in pace and just feel we're past it on a weekly basis.
We can maybe make it for a cup run, but not the whole year.
Whew!

Rangerforeverwhostiredafterwritinghisfirstbook.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It shocked us when we won the President's cup two years ago.

It shocked me too. I was in net for GEU in the final.

You make good points in your storybook. Tell Mikey Roberts that when we play you guys, I'm going to beat him like a rented mule.

TR

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangersforever,

Cheers for Volume I of the trials and tribulations of SFC Rangers.....and Kenny Cormack.

Fcuk the posting and get my taxes sorted. Arse.

Buck

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TR: I'll make sure he gets 90 that match to assist you in your beating. The young whipper snapper that he is.

Hey Buck, maybe if you got off your arse and played more than one match every three years you wouldn't find the postings that uninteresting.

Your package will be extended one week accordingly.

That is all. :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
About time...

I was wondering how long it would be before we started reading some good novels, authored by Ranger. TR, you bug me about short stories...seems we have a new champion.

Seems the Storm boys are keeping quiet...perhaps due to the personnel difficulties they're having. I'd still like to hear from them...I fully expect that team to respond with a win on Sunday. The heart of the core players on the Storm is strong, and I know they'll get up fighting.

I thought I'd let everyone on these threads know: the SC Royals will be taking a minute of silence before Sunday's game, out of respect for the victims of yesterdays terrorist acts. I'm sure everyone else had something similar in mind, but wouldn't it be something if all the teams of the FVSL could do it collectively?

DWMC

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude: I expect big things from the Storm this year.
They're pretty focused at the moment and looking good.
However, I'm not sure if our new premier team has potentially poached a few players or not from them.

I like your classy idea about the minute of silence.

Let's hope the league and the refs follow suit.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm

By the sounds of it, three key players who had committed to the Storm in the summer changed their minds at the last minute after being approached by the Premier team. Not quite sure, but if that's true, and onus of blame needs to be put on the players themselves. I've only been a manager- not by choice- for one full season, but I've always felt that a verbal commitment is as good as signing. Once a player commits, the coach may lighten up on recruiting, and start planning training session around the players he expects to start. Apparently, these players had played with the Storm all summer long, and had been bonding with the rest of the team. Having three team members walk out on you at the last minute would- for sure- throw a wrench into the works. The Storm are, however, well coached and have a great core. They'll bounce back.

DWMC

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude I basically agree with you on all points, however, the change was made within the club.
If it was a change to another club, the three would be goofs.
I'm sure these three had a very tough decision to make.
Personally, I'm glad they made the change as I think I know who they are, and they're all good players.
This again will only help our premier mens program.
What is lousy is I believe Jamie Lamont may have had to let others go as his numbers were big and then these three made the decision after that.
It's always choas in September though.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel bad for him too. He let 6 go who came to our squad. They're fitting in very well, and all 6 are contributing with strong, enthusiastic play. We've benefited from all this, which is a bit ironic. We ended up letting a couple of guys too that either weren't interested for this year, or were so comfortable that they didn't think they needed to come to training. These things happen...to bad, because they were really good team guys. Jamie had good intentions, and has kind of been shafted. That's primarily why I hope things work out for him.

DWMC

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The best team in FVSL?

TR

Have you been drinking? Rangers the best team, unlikely. The did win the Pak cup against a premier team last year but that is one game. As it has been said before 'any team can win on any given day'. Have watched this Rangers team before, they are a good team but not the best. Until they won the Pak cup last year, they were just a good Div 1 team.

Ranger,

Age and Fitness preventing you from premier? PoCo has got to have same age team if not older. If the guys are good enough to play higher level, the team should move up.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: PoCo Clean Sweep

Originally posted by Skytrain
PoCo City to win all Games. Especially prem, cat and div1.

Bigger, stronger, faster, more youth. Over the Last year the 3 teams have gone through many chnges with having MetroFord Tayside, Slovan, and PoCo Pacific join the club.

Whos' drinking here?
Your prediction was spot on in the CAT game. Softhead.
If POCO's an old team, I stand corrected Skyflame.
I forgot Old = Bigger, stronger, faster, more youth.
No disrespect to POCO here, they are a great side.
I do think we are definitely older than them though.
Any POCO guys out there willing to confirm how many premier guys over the age of say 32?
I'll tell you why because we have about say 13-15 guys over that age.
According to you, how can one game, as you said, make us a premier team? And then say we should move up?
Before that, weren't we just a good Div. 1 team?
Thanks for the comedy Skyflame, you're too easy.
PS - stay away from the model glue too.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look at the new guy

Ranger,

Is your ranger ego to far up your arse?

Youth in Poco is for Cat and Div 1.
PoCo Prem can conf 32, 18 guys signed, 4 under 30
with 2 guys 35+, enough there
Yes it was only one game, and a team should not be moved on just one game, but reference was made to 'the has been Rangers' being the best team by TR in the FVSL. I guess Rangers played the game of their lives and have now just crawled back into the hole they game from.

skytrainnotimpressedwithrangersdollarstoreslags

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Queen'sParkRangersforever,

For the love of the wee man, get the finger out and sort out my finances.

Moreover, I would have to agree with your assessment on the average age of your squad. For the few scragglers under 32, they could look the part all the same. Kurty has more grey hairs then can be counted at a Bingo Hall in Bournemouth and Juice is the spitting image of Kojak. But then again, so do you do. Regs, as well. Hey a little scouting and you could start Toupe FC. Because of strong French roots, of course.

As you were.

Young Buck

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC Rangers vs. Poco Express

Didn't the Rangers hand the Express their asses last Sunday? The only surprise was that the Rangers allowed a goal against. Proof that age must be catching up, eh Dad?

DWMC- tyingtostirrthepotabit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0