Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Potential Whitecaps Players in BC

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror anything to do with coastal or any other cup finals tied to BC Soccer get three very good refs. They call the game very tight. Teams with more skill endup on top. NVFC is not the best skill program. They have size and speed. Skill is somthing that not many coaches teach localy. Most local coaches try to win by power. Most have kids in Hockey. Those kids play agressive style of soccer. Hocky is in their blud.
With HPL and MSL and all this movment it will be better. We will see alot more good soccer players. It takes time. All I have to say BC Soccer is steping forward and changing as changes are needed.
It remains to be seen how all this works out.
Did you go to residancy combine or not? Three very good Burnaby kids went up to try out. There is many kids out of BC and out of Canada trying out now. In my opinion one Burnaby player has a good chance and a socond could also get a chance. All depends what positions Caps are looking for.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
All of you soccer lovers. This thursday up on SFU turf fields. Residancy is playing Burnaby Select side. It will be nice to see what MR Gee from Burnaby side shows also two three other guys have what it takles. I still say Anderson and #5 and # 14 Brise from Burnaby look good in three out of four areas. Anderson is by far the most skilled lad.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our Burnaby Selects U-18A team plays the Residency team. It will be a mix of 93/94 players with some 92s as well. Should be a good game.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masry how did you do against the White Caps last knight? Was it fun? Did you and Andreas get job ofers from Caps?

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a good game for the 60 minutes or so. 0-0 going into half time and in the first 10 minutes we hit the crossbar twice then they put on a bunch of the reserve players from the MLS squad and they made a huge difference. Ended 5-0 for them but a real good test and will help us leading into the Coastal Cup. No base, neither Andrea or I got offered a job but they mentioned to me they might be contacting you to be their Head Youth Scout as they heard about all these players you think should come in ;)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masry all I can say if they did it woud be a world class team. You know Bob does not use local guys. As long as he takes few local kids that's good enough for me. Craig is a good guy. He is trying hard. Jut tell them to put a team in PCSL. It might open their eyes. They would need 8 reservers and still might lose the game. I heard one lad is in running for a spot on residancy side, I hope he makes it.
They are all about pace. Your subs get weaker, their subs are just as good as the players that have storted. Your boss man is looking over the fance at some of those big boys I train. Who is taking your spot as a U14 coach. I herd a guy that New West sent packing got the job. It will be fun to watch flick soccer. Joggle the ball and beat the same guy five times. I heard you went for your B how did you like it. It was fun for me till I went for A. There I got the guy that told me that one can only have three types of practice. My side is still hurtting from laugh. I hope he ment 103.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base, I'm not sure who will be taking my spot at the Selects but I wish them the best. Yes, I took my B-Provincial a couple of weeks ago. Defiantly a good experience as I learnt lots. I am in a good environment learning from a lot of other very experienced coaches. So i'm happy with things.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's very good Masry. Stay here do't go to Ontario for your A. They are as good as TFC. When you get a chance take few classes in UBC on enery systems and type of traing needed. As you know kids here can only last ten minutes full out. Our National U20 team last to Costa Rica. They just could not keap up with pace of forwards of Costa Rica. We lost 3 to zero to them. Next game is against Mexico. Only one will advance. It gets tougher by the minute. We have long ways to go. It all starts with kids you and other coach. Take only fourteen and develop their indurance and game. At higher levels only three subs are aloved. In my opinion HPL should go to that system. Four guys sit out if they do not train hard enough. We must work harder.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masrey just to let you know. Caps are going with 99 98 and 1997 as a U14 group. 95 and 96 as U16 group. This will have only the best kids in. It should realy be no efect to HPL program. Only one or two guys per age group. I see they took no one from U18 side.
As I said. They look for forward pace and one on one attackers. Most of the pass on passive kids. Sad but true.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's "sad" the Whitecaps don't believe "passive" kids are good enough??? Do you really want laid-back, passive kids in your team???

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror no problem if they have the soccer smarts. Did you watch the game last knight. Totaly dumb. Youth soccer needs to get more coaches that know the game. Hepl is very important step. Teams are passive for only one reason. Coach or coaches are passive people. Or perhaps main head coach guy has to much snifel birds. Langley red cur is on a right track. Coaches well.
Changes are needed now, due to better kids playing in HPL.Kids are all on same page.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror four of those boys I pointed out did go to a try outs. All four made the select sides. One could not go due to injury and one did not want to go. One went but was out of shape. Coach did not call him for last tryout. He was told to get fit and come back.
I personaly think side is just as strong as it was last year. Team is much bigger. Skill has improved. More speed in forward runs.
Can not wate to see how they do. Seven guys stayed from last year. Top skill guy is playing selects not playing on a HPL side.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you talking about Burnaby's u14A team that made the coastal finals? Because if you are, the suggestion that the overall skill level has improved after losing half the team to the BCPL is..... oh just never mind...

rose

Mar 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masrey just to let you know. Caps are going with 99 98 and 1997 as a U14 group. 95 and 96 as U16 group. This will have only the best kids in. It should realy be no efect to HPL program. Only one or two guys per age group. I see they took no one from U18 side.
As I said. They look for forward pace and one on one attackers. Most of the pass on passive kids. Sad but true.

Hey mr. base, coquitlam just lost 5- 98 players and 3 -97 players to whitecaps! And by the way, none of them passive at all

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You do mean, rather, that 8 players were recruited out of MF to play on the Caps, don't you? That's a good thing, and a compliment to the MF coaching staff. If I'm one of those coaches, that's what I want- my players going on to better opportunities.

Or am I missing something?

rose

Mar 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure if you're one of the coaches you're proud of your players' achievements but my using the word 'lost' to describe these 9! players was in response to Base's comment that 'Whitecaps won't affect (my spelling of course) HPL program...'

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, in a round about way he's right.

If those players were recruited to the Caps, then they have, in theory, surpassed the level of play that the HPL can offer.

The HPL may be the "Premier" youth league, but it is meant to be developmental, and a stepping stone for the very best to move on from...assuming the league is run properly, and it truly does attract the best competition for the age groups.

So, I guess I don't see what your point is...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0