Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Potential Whitecaps Players in BC

M

Mal

With Whitecaps playing MLS in 2011 they will need to buy better quality players but if local players are good enough then that saves club alot of $$$$$$$
Who are the young players or college level players who have the potential to play for Whitecaps .

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
With Whitecaps playing MLS in 2011 they will need to buy better quality players but if local players are good enough then that saves club alot of $$$$$$$
Who are the young players or college level players who have the potential to play for Whitecaps .

Ask yourself how many local players Whitecaps have signed in the past to play in USL and you will have the answer how many may eventually play in MLS. Whitecaps have never paid serious attention to the local talents.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1. Terry Dunfield

That's it I think, the only other one I think that had a chance to be a part has already been "released" (Luca B)... are there any others?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luca B was probably the one with the best chance.

Alex Elliott was released at the end of the D2 season, and is rumoured to be heading to FC Edmonton.

They could possibly look at bringing back Haber after he rehabs his ACL. I would be surprised if West Brom renews his contract when it expires in 6 months, as it looks like they're going to stay up in the EPL.

There's not a lot of BC kids on NCAA D1 teams this year... I think only Nonni and Hemphill.

Is Harmse done with professional soccer?

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
P. Lensky

should be looked at by the caps if he isn't already

whats his brother doing these days?

could be a perfect fit for jacob out here

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
P. Lensky

should be looked at by the caps if he isn't already

whats his brother doing these days?

could be a perfect fit for jacob out here

Jacob is playing in the premier division in Holland and peddling himself to the Czech National association. Very doutbful he'd consider joining the Whitecaps.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jacob is playing in the premier division in Holland and peddling himself to the Czech National association. Very doutbful he'd consider joining the Whitecaps.

i thought he was always looking for the chance to come back home. Atleast that is what i have read in the past

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't see the Whitecaps picking any local lads up. Its not that there not good enongh i dont think Whitecaps want them. It will be very intersting how many Canadian players end up playing for the Whitecaps.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He plays in Turkey and is lighting it up (one of the top goal scorers). Rumour is that he is going to one of the big Turkish teams in January. Galatasary, Besiktas etc...

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The standard of play amongst kids is far higher in England where Football is by far the no 1 sport .Kids are so passionate about footy and play in the streets til dark and only stop when cars are passing by . The boys play all year round without the distraction of poncy sports like baseball, basketball and ice hockey.
Having coached here for the last 3 years , the boys don,t seem to have that special passion/understanding of Football and i havn,t seen any players even remotely close to the level of the kids in England and thus i don,t see many of the local kids making the Whitecaps set-up.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are definitely players in BC with a bit proper of training and development can play for the Whitecaps. I mean Poco FC has a guy who played in the MLS, and there are players that are able to hold their own against him, so why can't they play in the MLS.
But like Geordie said a lot of it has to do with passion and players taking it seriously enough at a early age.

In terms of Canadian players playing for the Whitecaps, I think whoever makes the decisions in this matter, should really look at the 6+5 rule. Meaning 6 Canadian players and a max of 5 foreign players on the pitch for MLS games. Even if US don't follow, CSA or whoever makes the decision should make it happen cause it will do wonders for the National Team. Bobby L should see that cause last time Canada qualified for the World Cup they had most of their starters playing regularly on an NASL team. I think some European Leagues have adopted this rule as well. If they don't, I don't see too many Canadian players playing on Canadian MLS teams, cause they will just go to the European league retirees or Lower Div Players from Europe.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are definitely players in BC with a bit proper of training and development can play for the Whitecaps. I mean Poco FC has a guy who played in the MLS, and there are players that are able to hold their own against him, so why can't they play in the MLS.

Nobody in the FVSL is able to hold there own against Harmse. He is better than anyone in that league by a mile. Just ask the 7 players from GEU who he beat to score a goal from kickoff 20 seconds into the second half if anybody from can hold there own against him. He wasnt even trying most games and and has been battling knee injury for a long time. Hes giving the professional route another go in january and we wish him the best of Luck. No way he shoudnt be playing pro.

TA

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TA.

I agree with you completely. To say people can hold their own against Harmse is ridiculous. Yes you can maybe tackle and get the ball off him once or twice but overall he is at a level all by himself. It is sad to see him playing with Poco (no disrepect) as he is clearly 5 steps ahead of everyone else. Wish him the best of luck

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off whose this **** mxh521. Think Regs your anti-spamming settings may need a little tweaking. Cause this **** mxh521 is posting everywhere.

Anyways, back to this thread:

I think you meant nobody in the VMSL, FVSL, or VISL could hold there own against Harmse. Because it would stupid if you diss your league like that. I'm sure you meant everyone (every league).

And to hold Harmse above everyone is just BS. He is not Zidane, and hasn't impressed to a lot of people. A true professional would be furious to allow weaker competition get the best of him and his team, but Harmse doesn't seem to see or have that. Otherwise, Poco would be undefeated with the team they have.

And to say it is sad for him to play for Poco means it is sad for him to play for any amateur team in BC in any amateur league, whether it be the VMSL, VISL and so on. And that's BS. Cause there are good players and teams in those leagues.

Good Luck and Good Riddance to Harmse. If he was on my team and didn't perform I would tell him to take a hike and go make it with Real Madrid. Cause he won't make it with my teams if gave less than 100%. Anyways, MLS will take him back just as quick they let him go.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your a tool. First off he would never be on your team because you can't afford him and guys like you can't tell players like that to take a hike So don't have to worry about that. The guy has played all over the world and made a lot of money playing soccer do you really think he cares if he hasn't impressed people like yourself in the FVSL. The clubs he has played for and the players he has played with speak for themself. You obviously don't know much about football. Kevin harmse when healthy and giving 100% is top 1-2 amateur players in the province at the moment. He's playing with us to stay game fit and ready for his tryouts in january. We are LUCKY he came out and played. First 8 games. The knowledge and experience he brings is more valuable than you could understand. You don't even know Kevin so how do you assume he doesn't care about letting weaker competition get the better of him and the team. No body has gotten the better of him this year. I've watched every game lol. And I can tell you when we lost with him there it bothered him. Reason he doesn't go full speed is bc when he's full gear playing against weaker competition like yourself there is a real good chance someone is going to hurt him because he's at a way different pace and level and they have to foul. So he picks and chooses his spots because in the end he wants to be healthy for his tryouts. Also tough for ex-pros to get motivated and up for games in a lower league I agree with you on one thing....he is no Zidane ;)

Ps: did I mention how good Kevin Harmse is......

TA

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0