Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Potential Whitecaps Players in BC

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
By professional development I wasn't referring to BCSA PTP. I meant something like Whitecaps Residency, TFC Academy, or with a club in Europe!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza BCSA stays away from Caps and TFC style of development. BCSA has kids for two three months only. Some do go to development centres. Caps an TFC look for kids from all over the World. They need best kids. Kids in B cup are gold level kids.
No chance to go to residency program. Kids in A cup are looked at. Very few have what it takes.
Some have size no foot skill some have no size and do have foot skill. Some only attack will not defend.
In my opinion PCSL is the best league to start U18 boys in the summer. That way kids can play University ball.
As far as going to Europe. That would be only for kids that do not want to go to school. You can not throw your life away for soccer.
For me it is- try out for div one USA university if you make it your on if not stick to school and play fun soccer.
As you know it is all about money. Lots of parents can not aford masive coasts. Two-We need NASL across western Canada to move soccer forward.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My Summary for now:
The good of this season:
-fairly entertaining matches due to the lack of quality overall. Poor defending = lots of scoring chances = entertainment for most, especially the "layman"
-free ticket to see Man City for Seasons Tix holders, "free" in that they're included at no additional cost, although we haven't seen our tix yet
-Hassli, Rochat, Chiumiento have been a pleasure to watch

The Bad:
-The Caps certainly underestimated the quality of this league and/or the quality of the players they brought along from NASL/USSL to MLS
-Poor injury record, especially surrounding Demerit and Chiumiento
-The horrible start up to the season around ticketing
-No Henry or Marquez in NYRB game at Empire
-Having to leave Empire for BC Place (opinion)

The Ugly:
-treatment of the vocal supporters groups
-the MLS officiating
-WFC midfield

Can you elaborate please? I was actually fairly close to the SS section yesterday and there didn't seem to be much going on for the majority of the game. How are you being treated poorly?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, it is a myriad of things, and it's not just Southsider specific, ffs: A guy two weeks ago was ejected from the Northside because some fans made some complaints about a real drunken louse standing up and screaming "Homos!" at the top of his lungs everytime an opposition player touched the ball. hate speech = a violation of the eula on the back of the ticket and such, so Security comes marching in and grabs the first drunken big guy they see and toss him. Turns out they toss the wrong guy.

A few SS'ers have been roughed up by PNE Security of late, and asked for ID etc acting like Cops, when in fact the President of the SS'ers is very well schooled in the rules about what they can and cannot do to people... we also have a former top dude with multiple event security firms as a card carrying member of the SS.

Add to this that last night a mate of mine and a bunch of others got harrassed over and over again because there are rules about having a bigger than 55mm lens on a Camera at games without prior approval or being a part of the press, well somehow PNE Security got that message as "Any camera with a detachable lens must be taken away or the fan thrown out"

We have had guys in luchadore masks told to leave and be harassed by the Bacon Bits

We have had multiple instances of Security coming into the properly sanctioned Supporters ends and telling people to sit down..

it just goes on and on...

but the very worst was making the end zones the high price point of the cheap seats instead of the corners which has just fractured the core group of the Southsiders and the OG's haven't been able to properly display correct supporters behavior which has just made a bunch of little molehills into mountains all along.

These days the only part of the matches that are any fun are the pregame pissups at Oscars with the SS'ers, the march to the match and the Southend cheek... but even that is coming down now because most of them were too busy trying to hide their camera's from the PNE Thugs to even see half the second half.

It's diabolical.

yet the ECS in Seattle and the Timbers Army can do what they do in their home grounds without any incident.

It's a joke. and by the way there are far more arrests at Lions games and Canucks games than the Soccer games, and to date we're not aware of one Southsider being arrested for public intoxication or doing anything arrest worthy at or arounf a Whitecaps match at Empire this year. That's a massive feat considering the group has swelled from around 50 paid members this time last year to over 600 paid members now...with no ability to self police as we're strewn about the stadium for no particular reason other than they tried to make the MOST amount of money off of us due to the environment WE CREATED in a desolate part of the stadium with the worst sidelines with the cheapest tickets.

Only in Vancouver and under the watch of that Muppett Bobbaduzzi..

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm, interesting stuff, JBN. Last night seemed like a very subdued SS group to be honest. :confused: And I'm sure the game we were forced to watch was part of the problem. Guy behind me spilled some beer on me...that was the highlight of the game....trying to lick it off my leg. :)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
subdued likely out of fear that one mis-perceived bit of antics would end up with someone missing the match in zapstraps before a proper police office would come along and set said "villain" free, after the game is over...

A security guard actually told one the SS members that they have been directed by the Caps Head Office to be very harsh and heavy handed. So someone is lying... because the caps players and brass are very quick to use the SS'ers and rest of the fans in general when it suits them, and then forget they exist when the going gets good, or less than horrific. ;)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was watching SYL game today. U17 Burnaby side showed well against Coastal boys. #15 from Burnaby side was by far the strongest guy on the pitch. # 6 was also a guy to look at for University soccer. Good passing ability and also knows how to finish. Both guys with size and power.#11 from Burnaby shows streaks of well playing bit slow on comming back to help..
Number 7 from coastal team by far has the most potential as a player to move to upper levels.
a player that might play for White Caps could be Ryan Bowie. Dam fast and strong right D. Very few in BC with his speed and strength on the ball.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was watching SYL game today. U17 Burnaby side showed well against Coastal boys. #15 from Burnaby side was by far the strongest guy on the pitch. # 6 was also a guy to look at for University soccer. Good passing ability and also knows how to finish. Both guys with size and power.#11 from Burnaby shows streaks of well playing bit slow on comming back to help..
Number 7 from coastal team by far has the most potential as a player to move to upper levels.
a player that might play for White Caps could be Ryan Bowie. Dam fast and strong right D. Very few in BC with his speed and strength on the ball.

I had the pleasure of watching the games with Mr. B yesterday and I agree with his opinion of #7 from Coastal. The kid is fast with skill, has above average agility, and is left footed. # 10 from Mountain also showed nice skill as did #11 from Coastal. All 3 played in the first game.
Many of the players will end up as good VMSL and FVSL players, they are fit, quick and strong but most are not skilled enough to have a chance at playing aprofessionally.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks PV you also made a good point. I should have pointed out #11 and # 10. One of them tends to stay still till he gets the ball. Then he has what it takes. D side of his game tents to be non existant.
In todays game U17 Mountain FC was by far a better side. Yet Surrey almost tied the game witch would have kept Mountain from going to Florida as top two sides in each age group do go. Again those same two guys stood out on Mountain FC. U14 Surrey Gerry Bains stood out with fantastick skill. Also #12 from Surrey side deserves to be on HPL side next fall.
In U14 boys side of it Mountain beat Surey side by four goals. Number five on Mountain was by far the best player in attacking zone. Strong fast ad hard shot. Could end up on Caps some day soon. It is also nice to see four teams from Burnaby North Shore to go to Florida. Boys U17 and U15, girls also are sending two sides I am not sure about age groups. Grate number of folks came out to watch the games.

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks PV you also made a good point. I should have pointed out #11 and # 10. One of them tends to stay still till he gets the ball. Then he has what it takes. D side of his game tents to be non existant.
In todays game U17 Mountain FC was by far a better side. Yet Surrey almost tied the game witch would have kept Mountain from going to Florida as top two sides in each age group do go. Again those same two guys stood out on Mountain FC. U14 Surrey Gerry Bains stood out with fantastick skill. Also #12 from Surrey side deserves to be on HPL side next fall.
In U14 boys side of it Mountain beat Surey side by four goals. Number five on Mountain was by far the best player in attacking zone. Strong fast ad hard shot. Could end up on Caps some day soon. It is also nice to see four teams from Burnaby North Shore to go to Florida. Boys U17 and U15, girls also are sending two sides I am not sure about age groups. Grate number of folks came out to watch the games.

Mr Base , Hardly any local BC players given opportunities by Whitecaps but hopefully some of these young players u mention might get a chance.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please stay on topic Regs... and Geordie where did you here about the titanic sinking?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Think about future players. Kevens days are over in that top level. He was a good player. Only one part was missing in Kevens game .At times pace was a ?. Kevin has a hart of a Lion with out a ?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two other young guys have possible chance to move up to Whitecaps reseves. Jousef Ali from Cliff club and Youg Mitchel. Mitchels dad used to play for our National side.
Both of these guys have what it takes. Ali has speed to spare. Mitchel is very smart on the ball.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akslop no comet to your post. There is no perfect world. Onother young guy to look at is a lad from U12 Delta side that played in Whitecaps Tournament in Surrey this weekend. Striker on Delta side is a youngster that should get a try on a higher level club. #14 on a white shirt Dta team. Tall blond lad good shot good read of the game and a fantastic size for soccer.

Bluecard

Mar 10, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the Island, here but UVIC's Cam Hundhal (think he is from Surrey so I am sure lots of you have seen him). MVP CIS Tourney in his rookie year (must be only 18-19) is pretty impressive. Great moves, speed, touch. He is pretty special and hope the Whitecaps take note.

Kick'em

Mar 6, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluecard I am not sure if you are aware of this, but this stream, while named "potential whitecaps players in BC," is actually reserved for spelling errors and u12-14 non-rep players. Sorry for your confusion.

Hundhal is a very talented player and would probably do well on the caps PDL side but I believe he is a highlander?

Bluecard

Mar 10, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluecard I am not sure if you are aware of this, but this stream, while named "potential whitecaps players in BC," is actually reserved for spelling errors and u12-14 non-rep players. Sorry for your confusion.

Hundhal is a very talented player and would probably do well on the caps PDL side but I believe he is a highlander?

Sorry not aware of the u12-14 messaging. No he is not signed this year with the Highlanders.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0