Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Potential Whitecaps Players in BC

rose

Mar 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, I'll type slower...Most HPL clubs will not have more than a few (potential) players recruited to the whitecaps (ie last year's metro/selects)...so most franchises will still have at their disposal the best MSL players from last year....are you following? HOWEVER if a certain club has done more than an average job of player development (ie boys CMF) their current HPL season at that age group will be impacted due to a great number of players recruited to the whitecaps...not trying to make a political statement...just saying to Mr. Base that most clubs will not be impacted by whitecaps...but replacing 8 players over 2 teams will be tough...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow..parents will find anything to bitch and moan about, won't they? "My club and coach are doing TOO good a job developing players". Wow. :rolleyes:

Again, your point is? If I'm a player or parent at CMF, and right off the hop 8 players are recruited out of my club to play at the best professional level around here, I'm very pleased.

You may think it's tough to fill those spots, but my feeling is that you'll have outside tallent fighting for those vacancies.

rose

Mar 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're awesome Dude! Or am I missing something?

My original point is that Base said that whitecaps will not affect HPL...and I was trying to say yes, except for the clubs that have done a good job of development...who the heck said I was complaining?? please read what the posts are actually saying, don't read INTO everything...

So, I guess I don't see what your point is...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're not missing much- I am awesome.

My point is players will play, coaches will coach, but parents will always find a way to bitch and moan about something when it comes to Johnny Superstar's "career" in the game.

You bicycle is going backwards, Rose.

rose

Mar 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Take some english courses and then tell me when I was bitching about whitecaps...not affecting my kid...somewhere in your 10,000 posts there must be something intelligent you have to say

here's where it began...
Originally Posted by Mr Base
Masrey just to let you know. Caps are going with 99 98 and 1997 as a U14 group. 95 and 96 as U16 group. This will have only the best kids in. It should realy be no efect to HPL program. Only one or two guys per age group. I see they took no one from U18 side.
As I said. They look for forward pace and one on one attackers. Most of the pass on passive kids. Sad but true.

And I said...
Hey mr. base, coquitlam just lost 5- 98 players and 3 -97 players to whitecaps! And by the way, none of them passive at all

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Relax Rose, I'm sorry I upset you. Please accept my sincerest appologies, hugs n' kisses.

CMF should have no issue filling those spots, and your Johnny Superstar will have a competitive team.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just finished the U18 Boys Provincial Cup Final in Richmond.
Abbotsford Mariner's beat Salmon Arm 5-0 in the Final and go on to represent BC in Fredericton NB in October.
If the Whitecaps are really serious about their image and the development of young player's, wouldn't you think that there would be a representitive from the club at the Provincial Final, or even someone from BC Soccer's All Star Program?
I would have thought it would be a great place to come out and see the "Local Talent" and show some interest in what is happenning here in BC.
Is the Residency Program a "closed shop"? or can local boy's have a chance?
Seems like a "no brainer" to me. Even if you don't ask anyone to come in for a trial, it is good PR.
It appears that the Whitecaps only have eyes for "Foreigner's".

Thoughts????

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jigsaw Whitecaps have combines for try outs. Those kids are preselected by Caps staff. No one can walk on. That's not true that Caps only look for forn players. They are in need of a total players. Lots of local kids have three game elements but the are missing one componant of the game. It becomes way tolate to teach kids at 16 or 18. They eather have it or not, rest is politicks.
It shows when our clubs go to world games. We just can not win. Reason is, we do not have domestic league like NASL to develop Canadian kids. Kids from US are no better in some case worse but they have proper system in place and a league to expose their kids.
Our kids must try for US div one university clubs. If they maker the teams then they become part of that pool of players. If not just local soccer is left. We have got long ways to go. Lateral skill is five to seven years behind US and rest of the Wiorld.
we turn the ball over far tomany times.
At the end it is all about money.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sober up Mr. Base.
You have no clue on how this works.
The Whitecaps should be present and visable at all of these major events.
Don't tell me that these player's have been looked at, or had the chance to be seen by the club.
They are too busy looking everywhere else, than to look in their own back yard.
It would be good Public Relations just to be there and be visible, but they don't care.
Tell me how it can be that Metro Ford won the U18 National Championship last year and Abby are going this year and not one player is in the "Program" at BCSA or Whitecaps?
The PDL Team is in the bottom half of their league and they are playing 3-4 first team player's every game.
Don't tell me that the player's that they have are any better than the local boys.
I've been there, done that, so I know what I am talking about.
I've developed more player's for that club than anyone, so don't try to tell me that they are missing components of the game.
The coaches that are there, are not developing. If they were, there would be more player's playing fror Canada at all levels.
There has never been a time when BC has had so few on the National Teams. Tell how the Whitecaps and BCSA are doing their jobs properly when there are no player's progressing.
Even when they brag about how many of their player's are selected, most are from out of Province.
The player's here are as good as they have ever been, but are not getting the chance that they used to in the NASL, or 86ers days.
The Whitecaps are an "American Club" they don't give a shite about Canadians.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Take a look at the PDL roster, most of those kids played for local clubs in Vancouver/Richmond/Surrey/etc. They were just selected into the Whitecaps programs at a younger age.

If your argument was that the Whitecaps should be scouting the U-16 or U-14 provincial finals I'd be more inclined to agree with you. If you are in the U-18 provincial final I'd question why you're not already in a professional development program.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
If your argument was that the Whitecaps should be scouting the U-16 or U-14 provincial finals I'd be more inclined to agree with you. If you are in the U-18 provincial final I'd question why you're not already in a professional development program
Stops at i think U17 doesnt it? Regardless of, both sides are correct. They should have a scout at provincials, as many kids U18 choose mulitple sports, and are incredible athletes. These kids dont have the time to dedicate all to one sport (white caps teams), and many of the kids that dont try out dont get noticed! Yet, if they havent been noticed yet.... Then maybe ur right, they just are not good enough.....

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For a team that claims that their ambition is to be a top 25 club in the world, to not have scouts at these tourneys is diabolical, and a full on lie that they have that ambition.

At one point I thought they were doing a bang up job off the park and that the on the park product was simply struggling to cathc up as they are an expansion team,

but of late, seeing the treatment of loyal supporters by security, who are admitting their heavy-handedness is WFC HQ-driven, the shambolic state of the team on the park, the total lack of any semblance of youth coming from our own back yard through their system, the whole lot is horrific, save Carl Valentine popping up now and again in the community doing youtube video hits.

I'll be buying my seasons tickets for next year, that is the decision I have made. I will give them one more year of my time, money, emotional investment, and if things don't start showing signs of improvement: I'm done. The only vote we have as fans/supporters is with our wallet.

I don't need to see a CONCACAF Champions League Title or MLS Cup or Supporters Shield... I just need to see signs of off the park and on the park improvement: Not them treating us like MLS&E treats Torontonians with their rubbish at BMO & The ACC and just happy to make money. We're smarter than that. I hope...

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll be buying my seasons tickets for next year, that is the decision I have made

I'll decide at the end of the year. If there is not a vast improvement both on the field and off, I'm out!!! They can start with the tickets themselves. It's embarrassing to see what they have pawned off as a season ticket booklet after I saw first hand how Seattle does theirs! It looks like Bobby did it in his basement on a dot-matrix printer. :rolleyes:

:bronco:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My Summary for now:
The good of this season:
-fairly entertaining matches due to the lack of quality overall. Poor defending = lots of scoring chances = entertainment for most, especially the "layman"
-free ticket to see Man City for Seasons Tix holders, "free" in that they're included at no additional cost, although we haven't seen our tix yet
-Hassli, Rochat, Chiumiento have been a pleasure to watch

The Bad:
-The Caps certainly underestimated the quality of this league and/or the quality of the players they brought along from NASL/USSL to MLS
-Poor injury record, especially surrounding Demerit and Chiumiento
-The horrible start up to the season around ticketing
-No Henry or Marquez in NYRB game at Empire
-Having to leave Empire for BC Place (opinion)

The Ugly:
-treatment of the vocal supporters groups
-the MLS officiating
-WFC midfield

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
u18 does in fact have provincial finals at both "A" and "B" level. There are certainly a few "A" level players on any team playing in the "B" finals for various reasons.

BCSA Squads end following the completion of the u16 BCSA Provincial Team summer - but clubs have provincials up to and including u18, which is what Base was referring to.

I would suggest the Caps should have a scout, if not only as a token, at the u17 and u18 finals "A" and "B", but the reality is they should have reps heavily invested in scouting the "A" finals from u13-u16, and again at least a token scout or two at the u13-u16 "A" and "B" finals.

That being said - when at the "B" finals last year I didn't see a single BCSA rep, let alone a provincial coach doing any scouting - I guess their belief all the best kids go to the open tryouts remains steadfast (not say there are not some great kids on those teams).

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0