Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Potential Whitecaps Players in BC

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is nothing wrong with coaches inviting specific players to SYL tryouts. It becomes problematic (aka, poaching) when coaches approach kids to switch from a gold team to a gold team etc. And even then it's only poaching if done during the season. Get those kids out to SYL tryouts and see if they can cut it.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror you should read four district gide before you post. The rules are very clear about potching. The governing board must aprove you to be able to talk to the youngster. None of us are willing to risk the imberasment. There is a period in a year open to do that. Not during the season or during the cup play down. You must talk to the parent not to a youngster. I am not sure if you guys have the same book.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base I just read the rules for District 4 and it says "under the jurisdiction of the league." SYL is not under jurisdiction of district 4 or 5. That being said, you are not an SYL coach and can invite any kid you want to try out for an SYL team by saying "You should go and try out for SYL, It'd be good for you." BUT YES, no matter the league a coach is in and no matter the child's age 0-18, the parents should always be spoken with first. No doubt whatsoever.

And yes, I do know about the window during close-season to talk to kids (and/or parents I guess.)

I don't see the District 4 Guidelines here: http://www.4districtsoccer.com/4Dguide.pdf

The section is in Code of Ethics.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks bettermirror for your info. Are you saying that coaches in SYL do not coach in Selects and in Clubs sides, I think most of them are. Just the same that does open door for kids to be able to talk to SYL coaches .To me that's a good point. Do you know whe HPL clubs will hold their try outs this year, or are kids first going to SYL try outs and than to be renamed HPL? And one more thing are they starting at U13 or U14?

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Um, I didn't say SYL coaches do NOT coach club sides. I said SYL specifically is separate. No clue how HPL tryouts will be run. HPL starts at u13, Base.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks mirror it is good that they are starting with U13. It will give kids a year of better development in the most important stage of their soccer. As they get older it is darn hard to get rid of bad habits.
I will pass this on to few guys.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes in my opinion it is. Tha's the year when you can add to players skill. But most importanly develop of lungs at higher rate. That is the hardest part of any ones soccer development. Most kids due to high substitution are leasy. They do not work or try full out. If you catch them on time you can instill that part to their game.
Later that's the biggest help.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again....you actually believe this all starts at u13? I do agree with one thing. Certainly the fitness training changes at u13+

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good I am glad you agree. What is your feeling when kids should start in HPL. I truly think 12. That way you have four years before Nationals to teach skill team work ad fitness with fitness coaches. We might do better and our kids might get a chance at U17 Nationals.
They use residency kids do to better lung development and better skill due to four day a week work outs.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror it is not realy about any of that. It is simply exposing talented kids and start the development. As you know it takes ten years to develop a player that can play ninty ninutes full out. We have kids here that get subbed every two thee minutes like hockey. Half of them at u 17 can no longer keap up with the pace of the game. Halfs are 35 minutes kids have to be able to play twenty five minutes full out at U13. Any coach that has played the game lets the kids play longer with out subs. Winning with every two minutes subs leads to nothing at the end, kids will learn ten times more by playing longer. They get pushed to the limet some almost falling down, some try to fake an injurie just to get more rest. In my opinion no more that 14 players per team all the way to U16. U17 and U18 kids work it is ok to have 18.All of you starting SYL look up Morgan Weddell. Squamish U14 silver side. Upper level smarts also has the foot skill and size to boot.A youngster that deserves to play way higher. Some day could be in Canadian UNI.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base, Again...it is not US who should be looking out for this kid or other kids. They need to put themselves in positions to be seen. Playing silver won't do that. They need to get into gold/metro/syl. If they attend tryouts and don't make it...

No possible way you can go into a season with 14 players! Give yer head a shake. Kids go away, get sick, get hurt.....

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We used to go with fourteen guys for a long time. It is only latley that sides go up to 18. In my opinion kids do not get enough playing time with six subs. Team looses the fow. Normaly tha's the time better sides kick your behind. Most subs are not equal to starting eleven. I find it backwards in development.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya, I hear what you are saying. What I mean to say is "14 is ideal, but not realistic these days." You are right. 16 tends to lead to kids sitting as subs for too long and then coaches pretty much have to make subs just to make them as happy as possible. I coached a team with 14 for 2 years. We played 2 games with 10 players, and I'd suggest that over 50% of the time we played with less than our 3 subs. We finished a number of games with players after starting with 11. Kids get sick, kids go away, kids have family. It's just not the same as it used to be. Need more than 3 subs. Now, Base, that being said, if you restrict your selection to 14 what happens when one of those 14 quits soccer? Or gets a serious injury? You need to replace them with a kid from a lower level.....but that level has been ignored so now you have a huge hole in your team. Develop the "base" of your team/club and the elite players benefit.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada selects roster for soccer CONCACAF Under-17 Championship
Sunday, 13 February 2011 13:48

Canada has announced its roster for the upcoming 2011 CONCACAF Men's Under-17 Championship. Coach Sean Fleming has selected 20 players that will travel on Sunday 13 February to Montego Bay, Jamaica for the confederation championship and FIFA U-20 World Cup qualifier.

CANADA

1- GK- Maxime Crépeau | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
2- M- Samuel Piette | FRA / FC Metz
3- D- Adam Polakiewicz | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
4- D- Ismaïl Benomar | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
5- D- Daniel Stanese | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps Residency
6- D- Parker Seymour | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
7- D- Marco Lapenna | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
8- M- Bryce Alderson | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
9- F- Sadi Jalali | CAN / Edmonton Juventus
10- M- Keven Aleman | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
11- M- Chris Nanco | CAN / Sigma FC Academy
12- M- Matteo Pasquotti | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps Residency
13- D- Luca Gasparotto | CAN / Ajax Strikers
14- M- Shadrack Mmunga | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
15- F- Jordan Hamilton | CAN / Ajax SC
16- F- Jay Chapman | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
18- GK- Quillan Roberts | CAN / Brampton East
19- M- Wesley Cain | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
20- M- Michael Petrasso | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
21- M- Dylan Carreiro | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

CANADA A-Z | Birthyear | Hometown | Active first start in soccer
Alderson, Bryce | 1994 | Kitchener, ON, CAN | Kitchener SC
Aleman, Keven | 1994 | Brampton, ON, CAN | Toronto Spanish League
Benomar, Ismaïl | 1994 | Laval, QC, CAN | Laval Centre Sud
Cain, Wesley | 1994 | Guelph, ON, CAN | Quinndale Community Soccer
Carreiro, Dylan | 1995 | Winnipeg, MB, CAN | Clifton Community Club
Chapman, Jay | 1994 | Campbellford, ON, CAN | Brampton East SC
Crépeau, Maxime | 1994 | Candiac, QC, CAN | Ligue de soccer pour enfants de Candiac
Gasparotto, Luca | 1995 | Ajax, ON, CAN | Ajax SC
Hamilton, Jordan | 1996 | Scarborough, ON, CAN | North Scarborough SC
Jalali, Sadi | 1995 | Edmonton, AB, CAN | Millwoods SA
Lapenna, Marco | 1994 | Montréal, QC, CAN | Montréal North
Mmunga, Shadrack | 1994 | Québec, QC, CAN | Beauport
Nanco, Chris | 1995 | Brampton, ON, CAN | Malton
Pasquotti, Matteo | 1994 | Fort MacLeod & Lethbridge, AB, CAN | Lethbridge SA
Petrasso, Michael | 1995 | Woodbridge, ON, CAN | Kleinburg SC
Piette, Samuel | 1994 | Le Gardeur, QC, CAN | Lionceaux de le Gardeur
Polakiewicz, Adam | 1994 | Kitchener, ON, CAN | Kitchener SC
Roberts, Quillan | 1994 | Brampton, ON, CAN | Brampton Youth SC
Seymour, Parker | 1994 | Toronto, ON, CAN | North Toronto Soccer Association
Stanese, Daniel | 1994 | Pitt Meadows, BC, CAN | Coquitlam Metro-Ford

Last 3 cuts were:
GK- Xander Huggins | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
F- Yassin Essa | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency/Surrey Youth
F- Omari Morris | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

I'm truly ecstatic that a former player of mine, Daniel Stanese, got selected! Great accomplishment for him, our club and academy that helped groom him (CMF, Roman Tulis) and his wonderful family. Well done Daniel!

I'm shocked that Yassin didn't make it. He is exceptional. That's really too bad! Anti-BC bias? The '94 age group in BC was/is a very talented crop of players so to see only one player on the team has me asking questions of the CSA and the BCSA.

Jordan Hamilton is a 1996 born player!

I feel that Daniel and Yassin (as well as Bryce Alderson) of this '94 age group are truly potential players for the Whitecaps.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yassin Essa is an incredible player. I have only seen him play twice and played against him once in the summer league final but absolutly amazing skills and a big big threat on the field. I'm shocked that there are 21 kids better then that at U17 because if there is Canada should have one hell of a squad in a few years. Then again I don't think Canada ever knows WTF they are doing when it comes to labelling talent. Perhaps Mr.Base cut him because of his size.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Essa is as good as any of those guys. It's coach and assitant coaches that go with the gut feeling whitch group will fit in the best. Sometimes they are right most of the time wrong. Young man will have his chance again as long as he does not take it as insalt and drops his level of play. Some kids get crashed by things like that. We always make same mistakes. Over coached kids do not endup on top after two years.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0