Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Peg at Nationals

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS said:
Regs & the Rest of the Peg Lads, WELL DONE. :bronco: :bronco: :bronco:

Off to the final you go. Good work. Sounds like the Quebec crew are a bunch of cnuts. Glad they got a good thrashing. Any reports on injuries or card trouble for the final? Do you need us to fly Bro out for the Final? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Best of luck and bring home the gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAGS

JAGSwhowillbewearinghispegover30'sjerseyonmondaycheeringtheladson

Second those sentiments from the Old Boys JAGS!!!

Regs, you better let us know about sending guys out before the boys hit the Karoke Bar after training tonight :wa:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done you Flying Cnuts, but remember Calgary 97, Peg was rolling along and every thing was all fine and dandy. There was a team night out on the Saturday night with no game on the Sunday, everyone had a grand old time. But we came out on Monday for the final vs. Alberta and shitt the bed. But that was 7 years ago and many of those players are long gone :rolleyes: . Well done on the win and good luck in the final on Monday. I want to be able to say that we beat the Canadain Champs before they left;).

hos

"Come on You Flying Horses"

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
There was a team night out on the Saturday night with no game on the Sunday, everyone had a grand old time. But we came out on Monday for the final vs. Alberta and shitt the bed.
I remember that clearly, HOS, as we both(BC) shite the bed. It doesn't mean it will happen this time around. I say have the fun...:wa:

Regs, don't forget to carpool!

+SC

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg seems to be finding the back of the net with ease so far. Well done you flying horses! Doddy and Dailly seem poised to be all-tournament selections when all is said and done.

Looks as though the Ottawa Royals are the early favourites to meet Peg in the gold medal match. They've got two wins already, but - in what might be a blessing for Peg - still have to play the only two remaining group contenders (Saskatchewan and Manitoba) on Saturday and Sunday respectively. I guess the hope here is that Ottawa has to battle for all 180 minutes this week-end and end up bagged for the Monday game.

And from canadasoccer.com:

Pegasus too fleet of foot for Quebec champions

On another day of beautiful weather on Prince Edward Island, a large Stratford crowd was treated to an enthralling encounter between Pegasus and Panellinios, two teams with a perfect record heading into the third round of matches. Just as the first half was drawing to a close, Pegasus' Mike Dodd scored his third goal of the championships to give the BC champions the lead, which was doubled by Paul Dailly in the 68th minute through a penalty. Panellinios' made things even worse for themselves when they protested too vehemently and the referee brandished two red cards, leaving the Quebec team with just nine players. Paul Dailly made things secure in the 86th minute with a thumping free-kick from outside the penalty area which went in off the post.

Lucania of Manitoba finally broke their scoring duck by defeating Calgary Caledonians 2-0, through goals from Rob Gale in the third minute and Jordan Goetting in the 66th. The defeat leaves the defending champions Caledonian without a point from their opening three games, while Lucania's record now stands at a win and two ties.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Way to go Peg!! Will be having a few beers on your behalf this weekend at Oktoberfest!!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sensei_hanson said:
Looks as though the Ottawa Royals are the early favourites to meet Peg in the gold medal match. They've got two wins already, but - in what might be a blessing for Peg - still have to play the only two remaining group contenders (Saskatchewan and Manitoba) on Saturday and Sunday respectively. I guess the hope here is that Ottawa has to battle for all 180 minutes this week-end and end up bagged for the Monday game.

While sensei might be right about playing a tired team in the final, I have to tell you, that I would much rather play an Ontario side, than a team from else where in the country. The reason being is ........

Most of the best players in Ontario play in the Lower Ontario "Profesional" League in the summer. So what that means is, most of the "good" players in this area that play in this "Pro Summer League" are not eligable to play for the other club teams that compete for the Canadian Championship.
This is at least what I was told back in 2001 in T.O. when I was coaching the girls, Scott Munson's club team was in the mens championship, they had a cracker clubhouse and pitch, but they were considered a Beer League Team against any of the so-called "Semi-Pro League" teams that play in Ontario in the summer. Just a thought for Monday, I say, "Lets go Ontario", thats why they havn't won a National Title in who knows when.

hos

Good Luck you Flying Horses (Cnuts) :D

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The velvet underground is a great place!!!! Mastro and Eagles have won hundreds at the pool table!!!

Only two out!!!

NobbyStiles

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Peg. You deserve it after giving those Quebecois a lesson and sending them home to cry in their, federally funded, spilt milk. Bunch of babies!!

You will be worthy of the gold as I don't see Ottawa giving you a lot of trouble.

You can have our trophy for a year!!

Nobby
Callies FC

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
peg 4 newfies 2, newfies went up 2 nil, peg scored 3 goals in 5 minutes to go ahead

regs was great and played 90 minutes

eagles and mastro are contemplating tonight's plans - visit Anne of Green Gables home or the velvet underground - tough call

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bakes........its a no brainer......Velvet Underground it is and make sure you give us old injured lads a call (room 337).

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
it is done, mastro is forcing me out again!!! we are doing for the team!!!

if it is not broke, do not fix it!!!

go velvet!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good, now get the fcuk outta my room so I can get some sleep!!! :D

Sloopy game today but what do you really expect when the game means nothing, much like our league so far this year :D

Costley with 2, Fids and Gav with a PK got us the win.

We're playing Ontario in the final who haven't let a goal in yet... coupled with a weather forecast of 80 mm of rain tomorrow and wind warnings, it's going to be a tough match...

Cheers,

~Regs.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is official - MASTRO is the man, 7th night in a row!!!!!!!!! Just kidding!!!! Sarge is the man, just got word that his hamstring is done and is unavailable tomorrow. He has joined Eagles at the underground. Oh yea, Mastro is also here.

Rob I. has also at the underground after 17 ice baths.

To the old Peg Lads and Future Peg Lads, PEGASUS FOREVER!!!!

Update of the weather for final game. Kick off at 12:15 pm, expecting 100 KM winds and up to 20 cm's of rain.

Update will be posted tomorrow by Eagles as Regs is too slow!!!!!
Regs have you finished both bags of chips yet?!?!? Sarge will be hungry when he gets home!!!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm scared now, it's all sounding like one big slumber party :eek:

I can't wait to hear the final result tomorrow...who will leave their panties behind the curtain???

+HappyThanksgiving :wa:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0