Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Peg at Nationals

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So is Regs going to give us the low down on the Nationals or what? He must be still hung over, and unable to type. Can't say I blame him though!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It'll take some time to do properly but it will come, believe me... :D

For now, I will leave you with this...

:eek:

~Regs.

:wa:

Dancing Bear

Sep 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Congratulations, Peg & Regs. Very well done.

FYI: you made McRae's daily report on CKNW this morning. Apparently it was a 4-3 goal fest. No mention of PK's.

I do wonder though . . . how might've any of the 6 other teams in the VMSL Group B done? Says a ton for BC when a 0-1-3 team wins the nationals. :D We are good.

Well, not me -- but everyone else, though.
My congrats to Peg, but surely you're kidding Keeper. Nationals are a whole different story as I'm sure Peg will attest to. The fact that they've gone 0-1-3 is a testament to Peg getting their shite together....not that the rest of the football world in Canada in so much inferior.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that pic is just another indication of someone trying to get his/her nose and/or head up Reg's arse. I think I was next in line.:)

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dancing Bear said:
My congrats to Peg, but surely you're kidding Keeper.

That's ol' Keeper (aka Chief Ed) being facetious. Again. You mean you haven't heard about the legend and his skills?.......erm....um......I mean skillz.

Buckfast

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
While I'm struggling to find the time right now to post a proper write-up of our trip and most of the stuff that went on both on and off the pitch, there's an interesting rumour I'm hearing rumbling from the North Shore...

Apparently the North Van Parks Board is none too pleased that the local media reports (print & radio) referred to us as Surrey Pegasus... the rumour goes that they are considering taking away our Kinsmen Stadium access now :rolleyes: I wonder if they would take away our training times at Mahon as well... not that we're training much for the rest of the year :D

It's amazing the amount of crap that happens in the local soccer world when you think about it... for example, here's a brief example from the Nationals... after our win and we are being presented with our medals, the BC Soccer Rep takes the last one available before Mastro (yes, the same one who started the tourney off by saying we could get suspended)... he says that BC Soccer has to have one (or something to that effect) and that they would order more and send it to Mastro :rolleyes: We couldn't believe it... B-RAD did the class thing and gave his medal to Mastro right away :D

Later,

~Regs.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, the rumors are very much true about Peg losing all their field times on the North Shore. I have heard from a source within Parks that the paper work is now being done.

I do know that SYSA does own Peg and have done great things for the Premier side. We do owe a big thanks to SYSA and the management for what they have done. I was a little bit thrown off to when I read the Charlottetown paper and then the Province that stated the name of the team was Surrey Pegasus. In all the literature it was always Pegasus FC, including the tournament draw for the Nationals.

I am not bitching at all as I know SYSA does own the rights to the premier side, but it would be sad to see Pegasus lose their field rights on the North Shore due to the statements in the paper.

Here is the breakdown of the starting line up for Pegs in the final:
North Van - 7 players
Surrey - 3 players
Vancouver - 1 player

Let's hope Pegasus will be allowed on the North Shore once again!!!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate to say this Eagles, but as soon as North Shore Pegasus was bought or taken over by SYSA, it should have been moved to the NAP at that time. Now I know that would have sucked for the core of the team from the North Shore, but the team was owned and run by the Execitive of the SYSA and should play out of thier parks.

I don't think it will really matter now, with all the retirement papers that are going in. I am sure in fact that NTG will be happy with these turn of events, because now Peg will train and play games Full Time in Surrey, most likly out of the NAP. The SYSA has a National Championship to draw players from all over the lower mainland, and build a very strong Club system.

Too bad that we won't be able to play at Kinsmen any more, perhaps the Trollers can get some games there, because it is a fantastic little stadium for local soccer.

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,

Believe it or not, noone has retired. Some lads are taking some time off but that's it. The team has said to a man that we would like to repeat the 26 halves of soccer it took this time around :D

Who would've thought that the last MOTM at Kinsmen would be a garbage can?

:D

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
I wonder if they would take away our training times at Mahon as well... not that we're training much for the rest of the year.

Well Regs, guys might not be retired, but if they don't show up to training for the rest of the year and not games, how is Peg going to improve on its 0-1-3 record.

As for last game at Kinsmen, I will not take MOTM, but GCOTM will be OK :D .

You guys would be better of training on the NAP Turf over the Mahon Gravel, even though there is something about training sooo close to Kinsmen, must be the Norvan ghosts.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
~Regs said:
Believe it or not, noone has retired. Some lads are taking some time off but that's it. The team has said to a man that we would like to repeat the 26 halves of soccer it took this time around
Hmmm where have I heard this one before?

The Nationals hang over is the worst state of being there is in amateur soccer next to relegation or being a Meraloma, I hear, and at the moment I think Peg is still at the Velvet Underground looking for last call. It's super easy after such an exciting event or even during the event to say "yeah for sure I'll be back. Maybe I'll just take a little break" The excitement of the nationals is something that really must be felt first hand. It’s like playing in the BC finals (something that also needs to be felt) 5 days out of 6, but the excitement will build with each win. 10 days on the road with the lads, no missus clattering about telling you to pick up your gamey gamers from the bathroom floor or telling you to get the fcuk off TTP your kid is calling the postman daddy again. Which I suppose begs the question what’s the mailman doing round your place on a Saturday… Pints and dinner every night with the team, the camaraderie and moral is at an all time high, especially if you're winning which all leads to your seemingly wonderful yet completely delusional fantasy that things will remain the same way when you get home.

It, unfortunately, will all come quickly crashing down with the shoc-king (CS 99-04’) realization, the first time you have step onto the park on a cold rainy October afternoon and look up to see the Trollups have been on the other side of the park warming up for the past two and half hours, that it is now indeed over. That and you probably haven't seen Sage naked in weeks. If that doesn't do it the high will certainly be dead a buried with the grind of training the next two out 6 nights in the piss down rain having nothing more exciting to look forward to now, but your next tie versus the Burnaby I’Rocs.

I think you’ll find theses “breaks” become more of a distraction to the other guys who do make it to training. To the guys who have to play Sapperton to another 1-1 tie on turf or who lose a 2-1 game and have to watch 300 pork chops all go sliding around on the ground, which they did most of the game anyway but this time they scored. Ahh, and just wait until you pick up a few injuries or suspensions. You’re not exactly spring chickens anymore. Hell, some of you are so old I’d put you in the KFC category as not even being chickens…

Welcome home Peg...

next to god

Not Bright
Aug 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have won the Pakenham, Imperial and Provincial Cups as a Club but nothing is sweeter than standing in gale force winds on an Island on the other side of Canada with the

NATIONAL CUP :p

in my hands.

What a ride and what a team, thanks guys!!!

NTG

next to god

Not Bright
Aug 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone

The team will not be leaving Kinsmen any time soon. That is their Park as Mahon is their training ground. The schedules are done for the year as is the billing which is paid in full. As well as the $20.00/player Development fund.

Remember it is the VMSL who holds the NS permits not Pegasus or Deep Cove etc. and it is the VMSL who assigns the fields for games. Even the allmighty Khalsa could be placed there if God and Rubie wanted them there.

Pegaus FC is the name of the team, the papers have been known to print things wrongly, trust me on that but then you seem to read them as gospel at the BBY Tiimmy's while on BBy Parks time.

Newton will wait until the team wants to be there, in the meantime they will play as scheduled unless the weather dictates oherwise.

NTG

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's up with the national site? Did their camera only work nine times?

Disapointing really.

Those all black German uni's are nice though . . .

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0