Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pak Cup 2004

Who will win the Pak?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Oh Yeah we lost baby.And as bad as it might seem , we all are still breathing!
REX, We lost, we did not get smoked , or give up.Just Lost Baby.
It is 12 :32 and I am just getting in from a team piss up (or loss)
We blew it and we no it Nobby Stylels!
K N V B you are still a shite disturber, but what ever,WE LOST.

A pissed and shattered . Coach.
Draven, look like he drank your payment.

~shite disturbing. :p

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good morning

:rolleyes:

Well, still a bit numb from yesterday.
One of those games where you play OK but as time goes on and it's still 1-0 anything can still happen.

The bottom line is we're not there and we haven't been all year.
The 'Eye of the Tiger' hasn't been around since this time last year and we've been quietly hoping it would turn around and we'd be getting hungry again.

We didn't bear down in the box and we paid dearly for it.
I'd say, yes, we clearly had a ton of possession, but a couple of lapses spells two goals.
Bye bye Rangers.

In all due respect to Aldergrove, they never gave up and really had passsion in the game.
Something which we lacked completely.
I tip my hat to the two big lads in the back and especially the young speedstar up front.
They were outstanding and I hope their mates recognized that.
The kid up front got better and better as the game went on and his confidence was growing.
I think he scored both of their goals - He got the one in OT anyway.
Well done.

It hurts to not compete now in this awesome tournament and not have the chance to compete in the BCs again and it is fcuking weird looking at the possibilty of no football now basically.
I can't remember the last time we were done this early, like we have 4 league games left or something.

As coach said, we're still alive, and the mood in the dressing room was one of acceptance and upbeat actually.
The practice golf swings, the fat jokes, and talk of firing Bear were classic Rangers piss-takes. :D

Best of luck to everyone,

RF

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not complaining about this, but I think the Ref did mishandle the double red event and it could have made a difference in the match. The first two "smacks to the face " by the keeper on our player were inside the 18 while he was holding the ball with his other hand. Another of our players then jumped at him and took a shot at him somehow. So the ref correctly showed a red to each of them and thus we were still down a man from an earlier double yellow.

So if I'm correct there were 3 reds in total in the GN vs PAU game. Any yellows??

The reason I'm asking is that the FVSL web site shows that there weren't any cards handed out. Maybe they just haven't updated it completley.

We play GN this weekend and I'm wondering if Star 1 will be in net or not?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach, Rangernotinpak,

I'll be expecting a report on how to stop this Aldergrove juggernaut in my PM box by tomorrow.

Cheers,

TR

Still can't believe it. I guess it's cause White Shoes wasn't there hey?:rolleyes:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU (CAT) - Port moody, This was a great battle to the end as was stated earlier. Moody's corner kick guy was putting crazy,dangerous balls in all game and if let go there all goals? How the hell does he do it? GEU seemed to knock the ball around a little better but when given the scoring chance seemed to choke (Yoda) :rolleyes: . I've got rug burn on my knees and no it wasn't from before or after the game. Moody's a young team and seem to play well on the turf, I'll bet next year they will be a force from start to finish.
On to the Lions :rolleyes:

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sliver said:
So if I'm correct there were 3 reds in total in the GN vs PAU game. Any yellows??

The reason I'm asking is that the FVSL web site shows that there weren't any cards handed out. Maybe they just haven't updated it completley.

We play GN this weekend and I'm wondering if Star 1 will be in net or not?

Star will not be in net, as its a rule that a red card is an automatic one game suspension.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Round 2 schedule is up

Round 2 Feb. 6-8
Game 12 Langley United FC P Sat Delta Metro United P
Game 13 GEU Ultra CAT North Delta Lions P
Game 14 Whalley Storm D1 Poco City Dominion CAT
Game 15 Aldergrove United P GEU Ultra P
Game 16 Langley United FC D1 Aldergrove United CAT
Game 17 Poco City Hotspur D1 GN Sporting Club P
Game 18 Poco City Dominion P Fri Chilliwack Rapids P
Game 19 SUFC Red Devils P Sat Surrey Metro Sporting D1

Clubfoot

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gentelmen
I thought this was TTP and not lets all love the Rangers. The only person to give Aldergrove any credit was RF. To be expected as the man definitly has class. To be beaten by a team that is probably of a lower level (as Aldergrove had to play without premier players on their roster) is something we should all be shocked about. But you must consider who it was that they beat. The Rangers, a Premier team that has been playing in div 1 for the last five years. When you have easy games week in and week out your head starts to swell ex. Coach. I use this lightly as the word coach means you must actually be able to coach. The Rangers are due a stinker as this is the second time this year 2-1 loss to POCO. To slag DFC for playing against a team in a higher division with only ten men proves that your out of touch with reality. It is very easy to talk about how great you are but to be great team you want to beat the best teams and not hope for an easy draw to get to the final. I have the utmost respect for the Aldergrove boys as they showed that they were the team that wanted it more. Can they continue this start? Confidence is a great thing. :D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Its take the pisss allready

Osame bin madden said:
I hate to do this, but I'll come clean. Prior to the Christmas break, and after our lost to Pau, I was forced to put in a protest.
The league took their time in , and came back with the correct decision. I have been informed that Poco has been given the 3 points. I know, I know,
what you guys are thinking, but what was I suppose to do.. ;)

Earn your points like everyone else.
:rolleyes:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you Clubfoot for your kind words.
As for us not giving Aldergrove credit,pull your head out of your ass.
As I stated, we lost.I never said we should have won,or we got robbed.
We got knocked out and some people are a little shocked.
We have got to final the past 3 years and were hoping to do it again,if people want to state that they are shocked,so be it.
Everyone on here knows that Rex has a ton of excuses every time they lose.
And yes old wise one,I can coach. :rolleyes:
Coach

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Round 2 matchups

Definately a couple of great matchups coming up round 2

MOTW will probably be the Poco City CAT vs. Whalley Storm. That will be a battle.

I also think GEU CAT vs. North Delta Lions will be a good match.
I think we'll give them a good run. Maybe pull off a victory too.

:D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clubhead

I agree pull your head out of your ass.

It is very easy to talk about how great you are but to be great team you want to beat the best teams and not hope for an easy draw to get to the final.
I think history has proven, and the Rangers have done, just that in years past.
I believe the Rangers have earned that so called "love" by their record alone. If Aldergrove had done what the Rangers have done they i imagine they would get their due. Don't get me wrong, full kudos to Aldergrove for knocking them off but, until they have success behind them, everyone will be shocked and wonder how it could have happened.

Good luck to Aldergrove next round. I promise i won't be shocked if Langley, an obvious lower level team, beats them.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Black Sunday

Rangerforever said:
...The bottom line is we're not there and we haven't been all year. The 'Eye of the Tiger' hasn't been around since this time last year and we've been quietly hoping it would turn around....It hurts to not compete now in this awesome tournament and not have the chance to compete in the BCs again....I can't remember the last time we were done this early, like we have 4 league games left or something. RF

Sounds very familiar. Looks like you boys caught a touch of the PAUitis bug. :(

Sorry to see the mighty Rangers leave the tournament for which they are most recognized. I must say though, it is somewhat comforting to be joined by such prestigious company here in the football doldrums. :)

It's true what they say, "misery loves company". Welcome.

Tennis anyone??? ;)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Round 2 matchups

Yoda said:
Definately a couple of great matchups coming up round 2

MOTW will probably be the Poco City CAT vs. Whalley Storm. That will be a battle.

I also think GEU CAT vs. North Delta Lions will be a good match.
I think we'll give them a good run. Maybe pull off a victory too.

For a second there, i thought you were serious...

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
what the fcuk is the point of cat teams in the cup?
If a prem meets cat & cat wins ,doesnt that look bad inside the club ,the ammosity(sp)the trash talk the failure of the premier been beat by the cat,this is just plain stupid.

most teams in the metro league put their cat team in the div 1 cup ,so that these players have more experience & chances are that they will go further in the year with more games to play ,after all the CAT league is for the players to develop themselves

sid :confused:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My opinion:

The Knights Cup (former Presidents) provides nothing to play for if you're a Cat player. Why would you take it seriously?

The Pak, even if it's one game, provides a better and steeper learning curve for young players. They will learn more in one game vs. a Premier team than by walking all over a bunch of div. 2 teams.

Besides, you need to give Cat players an incentive to play Cat. The reality is that at the end of the year, only a small handful will get called up, if any at all. There isn’t the same incentive to win the division as in other divisions, so the only real incentive is for the players to have a chance to prove themselves against higher caliber teams.

Look at Aldergrove: knocked out the mighty Rangers. You think the Aldergrove Premier team didn’t take notice?

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
so getting spanked in one game is better than playing 4-5 or 6 games to make you a better player & playing for something,how can you develop a player whose confidence gets shattered ,If a player is good enough he should get the call to the 1st team

sid :rolleyes: :confused:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is up for grabs in the Knight's Cup, Sid? There are countless summer tourneys that are more prestigious than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0