Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pak Cup 2004

Who will win the Pak?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't worry Dude, KNVB has been booted out of the inner circle and will no longer be the vessel of Fastshow's vendetta against you.

But while I'm here,

" I need a linky. I need confirmation on Danny Heatley's age."

Have you ever heard of a search engine?

thatbeingsaidtheDewdneyFCwebsiteisoneofthefunniestthingsonTTPinawhile

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: CAT TEams - re: A FORMS / B FORMS ETC ETC ETC

sid said:
what the fcuk is the point of cat teams in the cup?

I believe it all has to do with A Forms and B Forms. Players/teams signed on A forms play in the PAK, players signed on B play in the Knights League cup. In order for the FVSL to recieve the amount of Provincial berths they are allowed they need to have a certain # of teams/players registered on A Forms. The MVSL gets plenty more spots in the provincials because they have more players signed on BCSA A Forms and of course are a larger league.

Only A form teams/players can play in the provincials..

I could be wrong, perhaps LFC could enlighten us with more detail.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Delta Premier 2 Delta Highlanders 1

Crafty Cokcney said:
Did the FVSL send three officals to the GN v. PAU cup tie. Why?.. because it was an all Premier match up. :rolleyes:

Cheers

I believe the FVSL used all available referees, as I inquired myself as to whether or not we would linesmen (Yaaahhh 25 more dollars for beer!).

teams that played Friday Night probably had linesmen whereas i believe ALL saturday/sunday games did not have any.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Lufc 6 - 0 Sufc

Easy Peasy. Just shows the gap between the Cat league and Div 1.........

Oh? Play a team that has a win this year you wanker. Certainly you check the CAT standings to see where your former team lies and noticed something about SUFC?

You should beat Aldergrove Cat, but don't count on it.

PS: Sorry for the 3 posts in a row, I just finally got caught up on my replies after a week out of town.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Chilli vs Poco

Im hoping to get the game changed to a 8:30 start for tomorrow night. In case the game goes to extra time or pks. The lights shut off at 11pm. I will confirm this with chillis manager tomorrow.
Im wondering if someone from chillis camp wants to wager some cervezas for the big match.We are open to any wagers, 1 case, 2 cases??, maybe a cooler full. We are in a giving mood. After all chilli should be a big favourite for this game....

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm/Poco Cat game

Do any of the Poco Cat players know if they are able to get a field this weekend as ours are all closed....

jbeck

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco 1 Chilliwack 0 (Poco wins 4-3 in shootout)

Heartbreaker out in very rainy Poco tonight. I will admit that there was more than a couple tears in my eye after the shootout. Tough to take after playing so hard, so well. But hats off to both sides tonight who brought their 'A' games and played perhaps the best match this Premier league has seen in years. The word 'epic' came up many times in describing this one after. I think both sides would support me on this point, that the Pak Cup final should have involved these two teams, and no one would have walked away disappointed if tonight's game had been the final.

Well played Poco, good luck in upcoming rounds of play.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
jbeck said:
Poco 1 Chilliwack 0 (Poco wins 4-3 in shootout)

Heartbreaker out in very rainy Poco tonight. I will admit that there was more than a couple tears in my eye after the shootout. Tough to take after playing so hard, so well. But hats off to both sides tonight who brought their 'A' games and played perhaps the best match this Premier league has seen in years. The word 'epic' came up many times in describing this one after. I think both sides would support me on this point, that the Pak Cup final should have involved these two teams, and no one would have walked away disappointed if tonight's game had been the final.

Well said, we could talk about a lot of plays that could have or should have but at the end of the night our keeper showed why he just might be the best in the league. If I was picking the A team, he is my choice... but hey ...

Two men were sitting in a bar, complaining about their wivves. The first husamd said marriage
is like a barel that's filled with shite".
The other husband, who was newly married, mutered", I must have opened mine upside down." ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilli Keeper was no slouch either. Made some stunning saves too.
CW almost caught Joel going out to the 18 and tried to sneak it short side and hit the post.

I thought the keepers were men of the match.

jbeck

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Osame bin madden said:
but at the end of the night our keeper showed why he just might be the best in the league. If I was picking the A team, he is my choice... but hey ...

Your opinion, fair enough. I've only seen him the times we have played you guys, but, in my opinion, he's a bit of a liability for you guys back there. His positioning seems questionable at times and his kicking is downright shocking. Granted though, he does seem to make some fantastic saves with regularity, usually as an amazing recovery for being caught out of position or overcommitting. For my money, though, I'd take our keeps, J Bekkar, any day. Technically, one of best keepers I've ever played in front of. As a defender, it is a reassuring feeling to know that you can gamble a bit and if you do get caught that Beks will bail you out.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jbeck
Fantastic saves with regularity usually means he's a good keeper.

Don't know if you've checked the Goals Against between your keeper and Poco's keeper but he's got your guy beat 2-1 (15-30).

Maybe your keepers problem is the defense in front of him?

jbeck

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Jbeck
Fantastic saves with regularity usually means he's a good keeper.

Don't know if you've checked the Goals Against between your keeper and Poco's keeper but he's got your guy beat 2-1 (15-30).

Maybe your keepers problem is the defense in front of him?

Yoda,

Point taken, but check the stats again. Chilliwack gave up 9 of those 30 in the first 2 games of the season when we were shorthanded and shuffling players between Premier and CAT. Since the team has been settled into its present form it has matched any team in the Premier league defensively, while drastically outscoring anyone else. We only play three at the back; even the best defenders in the world are going to find themselves outnumbered and overwhelmed once in awhile in that system. Its a tradeoff that must be made and lived with.

And no, fantastic saves with some regularity does not necessarily correspond to a good keeper. You can make all the stunning saves in the world that had no business being saved, but when stoppable shots are let in... This wasn't the case last night, no true enough, but odds state that if you stop the majority of stoppable shots and even some of the much rarer, higher quality variety, you will be a more successful keeper than vice versa.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will admit that there was more than a couple tears in my eye after the shootout.

Why, was it windy out there? That's awful when that happens. It is very difficult to control the tears when there is a cold wind. I assume that would be the only reason for tears during a Pak Cup match?.....

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
jbeck said:
Yoda,
Since the team has been settled into its present form it has matched any team in the Premier league defensively, while drastically outscoring anyone else. QUOTE]

If that were so, would you not be at the top of the table mate? Give your head a shake. Yuo are out of the cup, the league and provincials. I think you may want to re-check the stats for defensive records. The only teams you match up against are the ones in the bottom 5. Given, you have the most goals for but that hasn't got you anywhere this year has it? As for the game last night, the match of the season? An epic? The only thing I can remember being of epic proportion was the ineptitude of passing the ball 10 yards. In my humble opinion and that of many others I spoke with, including a couple of VMSL lads, this game was shite. Cheers to Poco.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you Bertrum.

The loud trumpet blaring was busting my fcuking ear drums too.

jbeck said:
For my money, though, I'd take our keeps, J Bekkar, any day. Technically, one of best keepers I've ever played in front of.

Please for the love of fcuking God, you're not talking about yourself here lad?
jbeck = J Bekkar?
Holy fcuking egomaniacs Batman if you are.....

Ah, no disrespect to 'J Bekkar' here but who is he/are you?
The way you compliment Joel originally and then fcuking negatively critque his game shortly after is absolutely fcuking hilarious.
FYI: He's one of the best and longest standing keepers around mate.

And just how many quality keepers have you played in front of in your long storied career?
Please elaborate further as I'm sure the list is 'epic'.
That, and the rest of us could use a tad more bedtime reading.

Try and not get too emotional. :(

Best regards,

RF

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you Ranger.
Although i don't believe, although coincidental, JBeck is J Bekkar.
But from what he's posted, it wouldn't surprise me.

:rolleyes:

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bertrum said:
[As for the game last night, the match of the season? An epic? The only thing I can remember being of epic proportion was the ineptitude of passing the ball 10 yards. In my humble opinion and that of many others I spoke with, including a couple of VMSL lads, this game was shite. Cheers to Poco.

Bert, it wasn't "epic" but the game had its moments, there was some good action around both nets.But if the "VMSL lads" say it was "shite" then it must have been.. :rolleyes:

bertmightwantothinkforhimselfnextime.

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
jbeck and jbekkar (note the different spellings dumbasses)

and to all of you hounding on my man jbeck...fcuk off.
just because you've lost your passion for the game doesn't mean that some of us can't still love it. it was an emotional night for all the chilliwack boys as we had high expectations for ourselves. albeit this wasn't the prettiest match we've played, it was a battle for everyone involved.

and further, the man of the match was easily jbeck (the defender). he totally dominated the poco forwards and destroyed any attempt they made at attacking. and not only that but he also joined in the counter attacks with some dangerous crosses and through balls. well done man.

congrats to poco i wish you luck for the rest of the pak.

peace ab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0