Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pak Cup 2004

Who will win the Pak?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well this is not GEU fcukin around Grove 1 Geu 0. Creidt goes to grove played the way they needed to play to win the game. Yet I don't get the comments from grove calling us shite and saying we are finished. I guess they dont look at the league standings and see we haven't lost a game in league. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Anyways how in the fcuk is Mark Buddha FIFA certified. He is a joke. Not to sound like sour grapes but I have never seen a Linesman overule a ref on a goal call. Regardless it is over, on to Poco next week if they ever open Albion :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
can said:
but I have never seen a Linesman overule a ref on a goal call. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wow, you guys are special you guys had linesmen in your game. :rolleyes: It is a bit sad when the league is not consistent and doesnt send linesmen to games. Sure we played a shite Div. 1 team this week, and I know we arent the best, but I have seen other premier vs div 1 games where linesmen were sent. Not a huge issue, but it would be nice to have linesmen in games where the opposition is all about a little kick in the back when the ref is not looking. :(

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
can said:
Well this is not GEU fcukin around Grove 1 Geu 0. Creidt goes to grove played the way they needed to play to win the game. Yet I don't get the comments from grove calling us shite and saying we are finished. I guess they dont look at the league standings and see we haven't lost a game in league. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Anyways how in the fcuk is Mark Buddha FIFA certified. He is a joke. Not to sound like sour grapes but I have never seen a Linesman overule a ref on a goal call. Regardless it is over, on to Poco next week if they ever open Albion :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
i wont believe it 'til the FVSL site is updated...

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Grove of Alders.

Wow.. Good win for the Aldergrove bunch, I don't feel nearly as badly for losing to them in the 1st round of the Pak then... (We lost in a much unpublisized 2-Nil defeat). I thought we dominated that game but their keeper was HUGE....and they netted their PK...we wanked off on ours, but anyway that is old news....

Some interesting Results so far, and I am looking forward to see some of the upcoming matchups.

PS: Only reason I am Glad that Aldergrove and GEU cat are out of the cup? I can get on with the rest of our meager "Cat" season.

PPS: Way to go Rob.... but Sorry no more cat teams left in the cup.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Whalley Storm v. Poco (CAT)

Crafty Cokcney said:
I'm not sure if this result has been posted or not.?

Anybody out there in TTP land.

Cheers

Whalley 2 - Poco 1. Whalley was up 2-0 when one of their players got a second yellow. Poco pushed hard, got one back on a PK.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
jbeck said:
Osame bin madden said:
but at the end of the night our keeper showed why he just might be the best in the league. If I was picking the A team, he is my choice... but hey ...

Your opinion, fair enough. I've only seen him the times we have played you guys, but, in my opinion, he's a bit of a liability for you guys back there. His positioning seems questionable at times and his kicking is downright shocking. Granted though, he does seem to make some fantastic saves with regularity, usually as an amazing recovery for being caught out of position or overcommitting. For my money, though, I'd take our keeps, J Bekkar, any day. Technically, one of best keepers I've ever played in front of. As a defender, it is a reassuring feeling to know that you can gamble a bit and if you do get caught that Beks will bail you out.

Your opinion, fair enough. He had a human spell a few games ago. One against you guys and the other against pau.Other than that, he has been perfect throught out the last 2 seasons.His positioning, questionalble? Maybe you should watch more games before you rant about something you really don't have a fkcuing clue about. But hey...

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SIDE 1

LANGLEY (P) v.ND LIONS (P)
WHALLEY STORM (DIV 1) v. ALDERGROVE (P)

SIDE 2

LANGLEY (DIV 1) v. GN SPORT (P)
POCO CITY (P) v. SUFC (P)

Two out of the top three in Premier - GONE !
Unbeaten GEU - GONE !
2001, 2002, 2003 champions - GONE !

Good luck to all teams in the next round !

Cheers

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Grove/GEU

Skip said:
WTF!!!??? :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

The mighty GEU, and their unbeaten record come crashing down to the likes of Aldergrove?!?! Stunning.

:)
The mighty big horse shoe finally fell out of their ass...What, the late goal to win or tie just didn't happen, not shocking at all....

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bertrum said:
We played awesome today. :confused: GEU - nil ALD 1
A few of my VMSL lads called me and said this match was just shite :p .. but hey...
How can you tell governor Ardnold still likes groping women... He Kisses babies while they're breast feeding..

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
can said:
: Anyways how in the fcuk is Mark Buddha FIFA certified. He is a joke. Not to sound like sour grapes but I have never seen a Linesman overule a ref on a goal call. : :rolleyes:
What are you stupid? Can a linesman not call an offside and overule a ref or can he not overule on a ball crossing the line or not.. Isn't that just one of his many duties. Consider yourself lucky to be in the position you are in the league.. move on...

lets talk about how many beer you will loose next friday...?????? let me know...

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I understand the rules of the game Osame I dont need them explained, but when a ref blows the play dead to say the ball was in from the angle that he was at, and then the linesman says it was no goal, the Ref did not have the balls to stand behind his call. And if the ball was not in then why in the hell did he blow the play down, and admit on the field that he blew the call. :eek: :eek: Yet the game should not have come down to that we indeed were shocking, on the day

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When the referee blows his whistle and points to centre, then on the suggestion of the ALD players and not the linesman - who did not suggest for the ref to come over at all or put his flag up to indicate a reversal of a decision, yes that would mean a bad call. Dumb ass. Maybe we should protest, eh Osama. I'll put a 24 on the Poco game. ;) All in all it was our own fault and we have moved on and are focussing on the league. As Poco can attest to, Parkside is a cursed field and is the size of a postage stamp-I hate that field. My suggestion for next week is a 4-4-2. how about that can? Good luck to all remaining teams and I guess we will see you in the 7 on 7 tourny at South Surrey.

As for Jbek, once again I will reiterate, you are out of the cup, the league, the provincials and you live in Chilliwack - enough said. Have a nice summer.

Love you, bertrum.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Lions

Well on to more important results. The heavy favourites in the tourney are out. GEU CAT has lost 1-0. PK was a bit suspect I agree, but wasn't every call from that ref?
Would have been nice to have a sub or 2 as well. Our Coach even put his name on the roster, just in case. We had to play a player who's been signed for 2 weeks, played 2 games (including this one), and hasn't played in a year.Held on for a full 90 very nicely. Well done Joel.
But enough of the excuses, we didn't play well enough to win, although we had to chance to at least tie.
I think we are now 0 for 5 on PK's. Looks like i might have to step up soon.

And yes, this is the honest truth, GEU HAS lost to Aldergrove 1-0.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bertrum said:
As for Jbek, once again I will reiterate, you are out of the cup, the league, the provincials and you live in Chilliwack - enough said. Have a nice summer.

Love you, bertrum.
I love you too, Bert... just thought i would throw that in.

In defence of the wack... they have a lot going for them... the Falls golf club, cultus lake, and the pie lady at the airport... damn good. Really though, even though it is a major commute to the game, playing in the wack on friday night is always a blast. A solid team with great support on a beautiful pitch. That and it is an easy excuse to tell the wife you cant make it home the night before Valentines because of a "dangerous" drive home late at night.

Where are we going out this friday boys? Any suggestions on hotels and bars? PM me so The Rob doesnt get pissed that we are talking about non TTP sponsoring establishments. ;) :D Hope you will join...

tpranger

Oct 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looks like some of the Geu guys have learned from the lions, excuse, excuse, excuse.

Hey Bertrum, I think he lives in Abbotsford, is that any better.

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley/Poco Cat

Congrats to the Poco boys for a well played, hard, physical game. I think we were in total control of this one, up 2-nil with 30 minutes to go when our forward took I beleive a straight red not a second yellow. I didn't see the foul so can't comment on that but once that happened the Poco boys seemed to come alive.

Credit to their D for pushing up on us and they were paid off with a pk that was converted. They almost scored again when one of their central defenders made a great run through the middle and Garash had to be quick to save the semi-breakaway.

We had numerous chances when they were pushing up late and should have had at least 4 or 5 goals.

Wow, I can't beleive GEU is out. I was looking forward the challenge but I guess it's on to Aldergrove....Should be fun.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard Waggie got written up for "Violent Conduct", on what essentially amounted to a harmless love tap (a little retaliatory "kick" to the defender's shin guards who hacked him). This goes way back to Stepchild's rant earlier this year on the ref reports...looks like Waggie will be sitting 4 games unless the discipline committee actually hears his case for what it is, and brings some common sense to the situation.

Otherwise, great to see the season shaping up the way it is...Roll on Storm! :wa:

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
can said:
I understand the rules of the game Osame I dont need them explained, but when a ref blows the play dead to say the ball was in from the angle that he was at, and then the linesman says it was no goal, the Ref did not have the balls to stand behind his call. And if the ball was not in then why in the hell did he blow the play down, and admit on the field that he blew the call. :eek: :eek: Yet the game should not have come down to that we indeed were shocking, on the day

Correct me if I am wrong but....
Mark never blew the whistle, he let play continue, albeit with a very confused look on his face, and only blew the whistle when the linesman started making some sort of hand motion towards him. Whistle blown then, they conferred, no goal and a drop ball. I can't say one way or another as I did not have a great angle and Nukes and I were too busy kicking the ground, which says we thought the ball was in I guess. High possibility that the call was bottled, but after having watched a good chunk of the game, GEU probably had more of the possesion which would be expected, but Aldergrove hit the bar a couple of times as well. Anyway the drama of the cup.

Skip, LFC is pleased with the draw, but Langley has had just as many problem's with the likes of the Lions, SUFC, and the Grove this year as the other top teams. Must say though, different feeling around the team Saturday night, as a big win was just what these guys needed and deserved.

Dude we still love you, but you will here about this for awhile, especially with the lost fight with the barber dig. You don't owe the team a round, you owe Tim rounds for life for that late toe save.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0