Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pak Cup 2004

Who will win the Pak?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
filling the net said:
The knights would have won!

There is way too much talk about a div 2 team that's not even leading div 2!!!

Knights suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who cares about them.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley-2 Lions-1

Langley won the game with 2 min. left with a header from a corner on the goal line. Lions went up 1 nothing 30 min. Langley tied it up with a couple to go in the first half. They at least had 10 corners. Minimum. They had more of the play most of the game, mostly through the long ball. All there chances/goals came from corners. There keeper (Tim?) made an unreal save with 20 left in the game to keep the game tied. For sure the gamebreaker!
The reffing was alright. Some weird calls went both ways with a lot of whining from both teams. Didn't understand why the ref didn't let advantage play on some fouls in the first half. He would call play down when we had clear advantage still going to the net with pace. Whatever though,
Good luck the rest of the way Langley. a good game tonight.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Must revisit last night to get me out of my funk as I got my arse up at 5:45 to be thoroughly disappointed by my not so beloved Reds. Houllier must go but that's for another thread.
Tight battle at the Oval. The Lions have come a long way since the 5-1 drubbing early in the season. Mark my words, this group if kept together will be near the top in coming seasons. Very young and fast, gave us fits all night and rarely allowed us to get anything going as so far as tactical builds through the mid. Maybe that was their undoing in the end as it allowed us to revisit our ever potent hump and run style from earlier in the season. They also allowed the fewest chances of any team we have played since POCO way back when. Anyhow, great effort by the Lions, and if it was Lion who got the tongue lashing from Fenian, don't take it too personally, take it to heart if you so choose, as you are too good of a player to be flopping all over the pitch. If not Lion, my apologies. Incidently Skip, the starched collar was no where to be found.
As far as Langley goes, great efforts from Willy, Fenian (with the clinical winner) and Carl who all set the example. Keep made his one customary Millsiesque (who is shite :wa: ) head shaker of a save to give us the opportunity to win yet again.
Off to beg for a few minutes in the CAT game and watch the GN/LUFC 1's afterwards. It will be interesting to see who GN brings, the group that is arguably the most gifted in the valley, or the group who at times look like they really could care less.

Clubfoot

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions, Langley was fairly even although I would say Langley had more chances on net. A high paced game with both teams wanting the win. An unfortunate way to lose though as the winning goal that came from a corner appeared to hit the Langley player in the back of the neck and go in as he was jumping with the defender. To blame the Ref for anything to do with the result it crazy. I was at the game and for that Ref to be from the valley is incredible. He was practicaly world cup. No glass eye, the smell of alcohol near him was minimal and he actually arrived at the game on time and not by transit. Unlucky Lions, good luck to Langley in the next round. :cool:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clubfoot said:
...the winning goal that came from a corner appeared to hit the Langley player in the back of the neck and go in as he was jumping with the defender.

ahhhh yes, sounds like a typical Fenian marker. All skill. ;)

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN 3- Langley 0

once again not the best game that we have played but in the end we got the win, Simer Dhaliwal with the first goal of the game in the first 15-20 mins of the first half, then Hardeep Sangha scored two awesome goals one from 30 yards and the other from a free kick into the top corner. Langley didnt give up at anytime and kept coming for goal, they gave us a good game. onto the lions on friday and then wait three weeks for a semi-final match against poco.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gn 3 - 0 Lufc

Disappointing.

I really thought we had a chance today. We came out and played pyhisical which we wanted and GN never backed down. They controlled most of the first half but were lucky to be up one. A miscue with our Keeper and sweeper resulted in the first goal.

Second half we started strong and had a few chances. Then they got a free kick about 20 out. It was finished sublimely and they were on their way. One more from another set piece and it was done. We didn't give up and missed a sitter on the six that would have made the score a little better. They were easily the better team today, and are full credit for the win.

PNE had a good game today as well. Well done.

Good luck the rest of the way guys.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Pak Cup 2004 Poco 1 sufc 0

We came out with a bit more intensity then the last few weeks.Even though we did not score untill the 37th minute I still felt we had the game under control. We had numerous chances that went wide or were blocked by their players.The second half has much the same, we had most of the posession but could not score.Full credit to sufc, they played hard and had they hit the net with some of their shots I might not be as happy as I am.. :wa:. They have defenitely improved since our first meeting. I though their keeper was very solid and their defence was strong.I guess its a gn rematch. I guess after beating us pretty good the last time they will be heavy favourites.. ;)
Is it me or em I guessing a lot...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As posted on the FVSL site.

THE FVSL IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT DELTA METRO UNITED WILL HOST ALL FOUR CUP FINALS AT JOHN OLIVER PARK: APRIL 4, 2004.

CUP SEMI-FINALS WILL BE HELD ON THE WEEKEND OF MARCH 20 / 21 AT VARIOUS VENUES.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pakenham Cup Semi-finals are scheduled as follows:

March 21, 2004 at Municipal Athletic Park Oval (artificial turf field)

Game 1 GN Sporting Club vs PoCo Dominion kickoff at 11:30 AM
Game 2 Langley United FC vs Whalley Storm kickoff at 2:15 PM

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
star #1 said:
Pakenham Cup Semi-finals are scheduled as follows:

March 21, 2004 at Municipal Athletic Park Oval (artificial turf field)

Game 1 GN Sporting Club vs PoCo Dominion kickoff at 11:30 AM
Game 2 Langley United FC vs Whalley Storm kickoff at 2:15 PM

Two Pakenham Semi-finals on turf?!.....wow....looks like LFC2 has obviously had some influence at the recent league meeting. ;)

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
looks like LFC2 has obviously had some influence at the recent league meeting. ;)

Thats Bullshizzles, why does Langely get to be home in the semis, I thought it was suppose to be a neutral ground for all teams involved in the semis. :confused: I wanna play at Mackie, we get a good crowd of drunks, mixed with some psycotic moms. :D I told you its an old mans league, and what the old guys want, they get. :(

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kokanee.
I will be there tomorrow night. We are getting hammered win or lose. Bring the kokanee, I got $10 on it. Just watch my ankles this game. Win or lose, it's not going to change much. We're getting hammered. 89a avenue.
Ask Turre about 89a ave. it's on.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OT - Re: Pak Cup 2004

All the nice pitches to be had in the valley and some moron(s) decide to schedule cup semi finals 3 weeks ahead of time on turf.

Good players, OK teams, Joke league. Yes, joke league.

Discuss that are your next meeting :rolleyes:

~Regs.

memyselfandi

Sep 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Considering 7 of the 10 teams in the league play on turf I really do not think that it is such a big deal that we are not playing on the grass. Anytime anybody wants to step up to the plate and run for executive they are more than welcome. Alas then we wouldn't be able to complain and point out the obvious that the Valley is so inferior to the VMSL.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a pot / kettle thing Timmy...Regs played, what was it again...a Provincial Cup match against the Firefighters at NAP turf last year?

He's just trolling, and taking a shot at Fudge, who thinks TTP is pish, and called Regs bald once. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts