Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pak Cup 2004

Who will win the Pak?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob: who are you trying to kid? You guys have beaten the two worst teams in Cat. The only other div. 1 team is the Storm, who will certainly earn promotion by the end of the year, and whom had a bye through Round 1. The score tells us you barely got by a hard working Aldergrove team.

Don't get me wrong- I hope you do well, and I hope Langley Div. 1 does well, but Sub is due a little more respect...

LFC2: tell Timmy that I'll have that dry cleaning ready for him this afternoon.

Thanks.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TPRanger,
I believe none of the GEU boys said they deserved to win the game, just that the called back goal was a bad call and may have saved their asses.

LFC2,
I seem to remember the ref not blowing his whistle, but reaching for his book, and pointing to center after the goal. Odd that all the GEU guys cheered at the same time, and none of the Aldergrove boys complained about the goal.
:confused:

TheRob,
That tells me that they got lucky.

Clubfoot,
Congrats to Aldergrove CAT for losing and getting back to reality. At least you could have put on a good showing and made all that whining about respect earlier worth while. And i quote:
To be beaten by a team that is probably of a lower level (as Langley had to play without premier players on their roster) is something we should all be shocked about.
:D

Shocked Yoda

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I'll wait a couple days to comment on the effort put forth by our team yesterday. It did though remind of the effort put in a year ago in the pak cup on the same field against Delta. When guys can't even be bothered to jump for goal kicks and just stand there watching the ball we will forever be the bridesmaids. Unbelievable that guys can't get up for a cup game. As usual too much finger pointing and whinning as was noted by the 2 cards we got for yapping at the ref. We did everything we said we shouldn't do before the game. It just baffles me the effort put in by our team yesterday. I just hope our team gets some balls and shows up Friday.

P.S. I guess I won't wait a few days to say how I feel I just deleted a few lines so as not too hurt anyones fukcing feelings :mad:

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
TPRanger,

LFC2,
I seem to remember the ref not blowing his whistle, but reaching for his book, and pointing to center after the goal. Odd that all the GEU guys cheered at the same time, and none of the Aldergrove boys complained about the goal.
:confused:

And I was kicking the ground. :mad:

All in all a very confusing situation, which warrents us possibly revisiting the whole instant replay argument. Perhaps at the FVSL meeting this evening at the Legion. Hope to see all the premier and cat reps out.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indeed Millsy. Totally gutted today. Very disappointed with my performance and everyone elses yesterday. Couldn't sleep last night I was so pissed. Only thing we can do is move on and have a chip on our shoulder Friday night, big game vs Poco.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MILLSY said:
I think I'll wait a couple days to comment on the effort put forth by our team yesterday. :mad:

It seemed to be one of those games were GEU got taken out of the game by what the ref was doing (or not doing) instead of just playing. Hazard of the game for alot of guys. Doesn't help either when guys show up 10min before game time and start. Any sketchy coaching moves you noticed?

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Doesn't help either when guys show up 10min before game time and start. Any sketchy coaching moves you noticed?

That certainly doesn't help. Nor does changing the line-up to a 3-4-3, when the 4-4-2 I think was working quite well this year. We were shite though. I am really miffed Roger. :mad:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Someone should be shot.

Game day formation changes, I feel, are always a mistake ESPECIALLY if you're the favorite going in. Why would you change your formation if you're undefeated with another? Fcuking stupid if ask me. Aldergrove should have to adjust to you. Change it during the game if it's not working, but why throw off a winning formula to start with?

Other than that, I would blame Millsy.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Someone should be shot.

knvb said:
Game day formation changes, I feel, are always a mistake ESPECIALLY if you're the favorite going in. Why would you change your formation if you're undefeated with another? Fcuking stupid if ask me. Aldergrove should have to adjust to you. Change it during the game if it's not working, but why throw off a winning formula to start with?

Other than that, I would blame Millsy.

Yes, Millsy was a little shaky. Couldn't seem to get by the heckling he was getting from a Langley supporter, something about a wiener dog or three. :confused:

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

LFC2 said:
Yes, Millsy was a little shaky. Couldn't seem to get by the heckling he was getting from a Langley supporter, something about a wiener dog or three. :confused:

I was actually having more trouble with the comments about the mullet. I was even getting stick from the Aldergrove supporters namely Gordie Clark who wanted to know if I was old enough to play masters yet. I replied that I was now eligible after a recent birthday. He replied by saying on second thought I had too much hair to play masters.

I guess it's off to the barbers before Friday, 'cause if it rains the weight of my hair will be unbearable! :D

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the FVSL Web site.

Round 2 Feb. 6-8
Game 12 Langley United FC P 3 Delta Metro United P 2
Game 13 GEU Ultra CAT 0 North Delta Lions P 1
Game 14 Whalley Storm D1 2 Poco City Dominion CAT 1
Game 15 Aldergrove United P 1 GEU Ultra P 0
Game 16 Langley United FC D1 1 Aldergrove United CAT 0
Game 17 Poco City Hotspur D1 0 GN Sporting Club P 2
Game 18 Poco City Dominion P 1 GEU Ultra CAT 0 PK
Game 19 SUFC Red Devils P 3 Surrey Metro Sporting D1 2 PK

Round Three Feb. 20-22
Game 20 Langley United FC P North Delta Lions P
Game 21 Whalley Storm D1 Aldergrove United P
Game 22 Langley United FC D1 GN Sporting Club P
Game 23 Poco City Dominion P SUFC Red Devils P

It's no wonder that GEU Cat lost in the Pak cup, They had to play twice last weekend.

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

MILLSY said:
I was actually having more trouble with the comments about the mullet. I was even getting stick from the Aldergrove supporters namely Gordie Clark who wanted to know if I was old enough to play masters yet. I replied that I was now eligible after a recent birthday. He replied by saying on second thought I had too much hair to play masters.

I guess it's off to the barbers before Friday, 'cause if it rains the weight of my hair will be unbearable! :D

Millsy, I was just kidding about the hair, the locks are all good. Keep it long, and I'll hope that it gets in your eyes when I'm shooting. Of course I'd have to hit the net this time around

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trustam However, I wasn't kidding about him, he is dangerous, that wiley veteran. And if you make it past him Clarky will chop your legs off, boy I can't wait to run the gauntlet.
See ya soon

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Osame bin madden said:
Considering you guys haven't lost and we are the walking wounded and makes no-sense for me to throw away good beer.....Im in (sleeman cream please}

You are in no position to demand what type of pints you prefer.You will get what you are given - a loss. Let the excuses begin already.

bertrumhopingtogetoutearlyfromworktodaybecausehe'schompingatthebit

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sliver said:
From the FVSL Web site.
It's no wonder that GEU Cat lost in the Pak cup, They had to play twice last weekend.

Well, i'll tell you that the CAT team would have given Aldergrove a better run than the premier team did, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts