Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pak Cup 2004

Who will win the Pak?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was the current Premier team players that played in that presidents cup final when we were actually u21. The following year we had to jump up to take the premeir spot because the club went through some restructuring. But our existing coaches were actually on the team that played in the pak final when our current players were about 12 years old.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We beat GN in the Pakenham Cup final in 1997. As I remember, the game was held up as one of their players broke his leg in the game.

Cheers

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kokanee said:
To get back on topic I havent seen Whalley play recently but I know a few guys on the team, and if they have any hussle(sp) they will beat Langley who dont have any skill, but they do have alot of muckers. Giving Langley credit they have done alot this season, but I am still surprised how they managed to be one of the better teams in the league. :confused:
As for our match against Poco, we got too many players missing in action for any comment. Regardless, I still say Poco are elderly/experienced squad, but GN's U16 team must beat them this weekend and make it the second time in Club history that we will make the Pak finals. :eek:

Not going to bite except to say 15 muckers, with heart I might add, with no skill managed to beat 15 blessedly skilled specimens with arguably little heart twice. Need I remind you that way back in Dec 2002's Fog Bowl, we beat you when our 43 year old stopper leapt over the masses to nail the winner in extra time.... now that was a group of muckers. BTW, from what I have picked up over time, taking 6 of 6 points is one way one team finishes ahead of another team. Sometimes the obvious is the toughest to see.

Good luck this weekend. I smell a grudge match in the making. :mad:

PS. I guess I bit.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Need I remind you that way back in Dec 2002's Fog Bowl, we beat you when our 43 year old stopper leapt over the masses to nail the winner in extra time.... .

He didnt have to leap over us, we arent that big :D

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Not going to bite except to say 15 muckers, with heart I might add, with no skill managed to beat 15 blessedly skilled specimens with arguably little heart twice. Need I remind you that way back in Dec 2002's Fog Bowl, we beat you when our 43 year old stopper leapt over the masses to nail the winner in extra time.... now that was a group of muckers. BTW, from what I have picked up over time, taking 6 of 6 points is one way one team finishes ahead of another team. Sometimes the obvious is the toughest to see.

Good luck this weekend. I smell a grudge match in the making. :mad:

I smell the same thing, mucker burgers and samosas, will be served April 4th.After beating us 4-0 last game and having 5 starters down with the avian flu, we are in deep trouble.Gn 2-1
I haven't watched whalley play and had just recently lost to Langley I dont see whalley pulling off the upset.Whalley beat our Poco cat team and Aldergrove P, so they havent really beat a top notch opponetnt, yet.Langley 3-1.

Kokanee, how many non-kokanees{good beer only}should we lay down for the game? ;)

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN 0- Poco 3

they scored two goals in the first half and then scored the third one with about 7 mins left or so, they are a good counter-attacking team and deserved the win, all three goals on breakaways for them, we had our chances for their D came up big, oh well, best of luck to all the teams in bc's.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: LUFCA Vs. THE STORM

LUFCA 1 - STORM 0

Someone from the Langley side on the pitch can sum it up in detail, not the most exciting game to watch other than some crackers that hit crossbars and posts and a save with about 3 mins to go by Tim Wagner that was HUGE.....

Whalley never quit and took it to Langley over the last 30, but a win is a win.

Congrats to the Langley guys, they have worked very hard to get where they are.... I am glad that Mike Wagner and Nukes are getting some rewards for their hard work and time this season.

Cheers.

Chad Spurgeon.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Langley.

Nice to see good football being played in Langley again.

The resurgence of LUFC over the last 12 months has been great.
Win or lose, the Pakenhem Cup Final will sum up a great season.

Congrats to MrWagner who has put his own playing time aside to coach the Langley Premier squad. A great day out with lots of familiar faces from the FVSL watching the game. :bronco:

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm 0 LFC 1

Definately some dissapointed boys on the Storm side, thought we did enought to push this one to overtime. I think we were in their end for most of the second half and had a breakaway in the first two minutes where their goalie made another great save. Awesome tackle by Mike force the turnover and put Sandro in the clear. I think it hurt us when he had to go off shortly after with a pulled Hammy (it's been bugging him for a few weeks now). LFC goalie was sharp at the end as we had a several headers in the box and hit the post/crossbar at least three times.

Not to take anything away from LFC's game today as I give them full credit for their victory. What a brilliant goal but #17 (I think), first class for sure. Reminds me of some of the crackers that Nick Tisone would put away for us when his ankle wan't broken :rolleyes: They could have gone up two nil in the first half when garesh made a good save on a questionable PK call. I think they slightly led the first half and we took the second. In the end the game is about goals and they capitilized today, well done Langley.

Question, where did LFC's strikers play last year? I think the two of them played a great game today. We did acomplish our goal this year and that was winning the first division in turn being promoted to Premier. I see this game as the start to many great battles next year ;) I didn't see alot of the first game but I predict LFC to beat POCO 2 - 0 in the final.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shtty Deal Storm...

was hoping you'd guys would take the Cup....

Close game though, not a slaughter! Could've been worse like Poco's 10-1 loss against the Rangers!

Good job, better luck next year!

Spazz
andtellthatWagstafftoSUCKITUP!!!!

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Striker 12 and the rest of the Whalley boy's, you did more than enough to have deserved a kinder fate in the end. You guys survived the first half and carried allot of the second. Somewhere between us slightly on our heels and you guys pressing resulted in a very stressful 45 minutes. A great effort by the Storm, they will definately add to the strength of premier next year, but will be interesting to see if they can play with the intensity and passion that comes from being an underdog in a cup semi come next fall.
As far as Langley, lots of desire leading up to the game but I think we can all agree that it was not one of our better outing's. But 1-0 is still a result. Not the first, nor the last time an underdog will push the favorite and get a result. This was the first big game for this group and each occurence of dealing with adversity, especially getting through it, will only help us moving forward.
Thanks to all within the club and the rest of the FVSL community that showed up to create a great atmosphere at the park. See you in two weeks.

BTW, congrats to POCO. A classy side which will be fun to play in the final. This was not much of a game to watch, a little sloppy but an efficient win in the end. Not to take a dig at GN, as I have been quite complimentary of this side, but they just don't seem to have the drive to be playing at this level at times. Granted they made it to the semi's (and kick PAU's arses every time they play :D ), have skill to burn, but yesterday's performance was indicitive of them finishing where they did in the league.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Not to take a dig at GN, as I have been quite complimentary of this side, but they just don't seem to have the drive to be playing at this level at times. Granted they made it to the semi's (and kick PAU's arses every time they play :D ), have skill to burn, but yesterday's performance was indicitive of them finishing where they did in the league.

This comment is spot on.

I can't understand how a team comes into a game, with a Provincial berth on the line, and plays the way they did yesterday. :confused: Every time they play us, it's like their World Cup final, and yet yesterday they looked like an uninterested, mediocre Div. 1 side!! :confused: :confused: The pace and intensity of the Poco / GN match seemed quite slow to me (although it's been a while since I've been in a match myself :( ) From what I saw Poco were unlucky not to have scored a couple more.

Congrats to both finalists, and best of luck in the Provincials.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
This comment is spot on.

I can't understand how a team comes into a game, with a Provincial berth on the line, and plays the way they did yesterday. :confused: Every time they play us, it's like their World Cup final, and yet yesterday they looked like an uninterested, mediocre Div. 1 side!! :confused: :confused: The pace and intensity of the Poco / GN match seemed quite slow to me (although it's been a while since I've been in a match myself :( ) From what I saw Poco were unlucky not to have scored a couple more.

Congrats to both finalists, and best of luck in the Provincials.

We shat the bed big time yesterday, and i am a big reason why we finished the season yesterday. Well, actually you may not be seeing much of GN anymore, with the mandatory cat team policy. There are talks of closing shop alltogether.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
cascadesoccer said:
Are you alright six? you seem upset at something, is everything ok?? :rolleyes: :knvb:
huh? :confused:
because both langley and poco made the pak finals, we qualify for provincials. :bronco: :bronco: :bronco:

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
huh? :confused:
because both langley and poco made the pak finals, we qualify for provincials. :bronco: :bronco: :bronco:

Youngun's, eh sixfyv? Forest for the trees or something like that.

Looking forward to the finals as I hear your club did a great job last year. Beer gardens, barbecue? I hope you will not be serving that piss you offered up in the changeroom way back in September, you remember, the night we brought the entertainment. :eek: :eek: :eek:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To each is their own...

Speaking of that, did you ever get the smell of wet sheep out of your car LFC2?

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: To each is their own...

knvb said:
Speaking of that, did you ever get the smell of wet sheep out of your car LFC2?

Not bad :D ! I think a wet sheep would not only been better to look at that night, but also been a bit more pleasent in odiferous(sp? or english?) department. Ever hear the of ten foot pole rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0