Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pak Cup 2004

Who will win the Pak?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Live update!!!!!!!!!!
Delta Highlanders 1 - Delta Premier 1 . 20 minutes to go!!!!!!!!!!!
Delta P scored first and Highlanders to tie.Sounds like another good one.
That is except for the Dewdney No Show Game. :D

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Star #1 was on his way out of the game by himself for losing his temper, giving Red Dragon two shots to the head after collecting the ball in his box. Unfortunately, Docherty had no choice but to send off Cuds as well as the wee man decided to throw himself at Star #1 in defense of the Dragon.

I wasnt going to comment about this incident but star clearly went up for the ball and your player put his knee up on him. Not a smart move considering star already had the ball. A little lip action, your player took a swing and star retaliated (sp) . Not a smart move by either player, however, the jack ass that came in the game taking aves position up front was a moron. Same butt plug that took a swing and kick at our player last meeting (GN 3 - Pau 0 :D ) That game our player came in being the third man in, not a smart move, but he saw his player on the ground being punched and kicked. League gives our player 4 games though he didnt punch or kick him, but pushed him away, your player got 2 games. BS :mad: This same player is the one that punched star in the back of the head last night. He got the red, fair enough, but if the league gave our player 4 games for being the 3rd man, ohh baby your player better be getting a stiff suspension, not only was he the 3rd sissy in last night, but he also has a prior history of being a papa smurf hot head. Tosser :eek:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Points taken. Never again will I fool with your heads.
Just figured by the time most people read my post there would be 3 or 4 others giving the truth so it wouldn't really matter, except for the Poco boys who would have to wait all night to find out.

AGAIN, my apologies.

Truthful Yoda.
:(

Congrats to Delta Premier boys.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Un understatement :(

Secondly, I thought the refereeing was fine tonight. Docherty let a little go for both teams, and was fairly consistent. Star #1 was on his way out of the game by himself for losing his temper, giving Red Dragon two shots to the head after collecting the ball in his box. Unfortunately, Docherty had no choice but to send off Cuds as well as the wee man decided to throw himself at Star #1 in defense of the Dragon. What was pathetic was watching The 300 lb. goaltender fall like he'd been shot, after all 140 lbs. of Cuddler bumped into him. :rolleyes:

GN played well and deserved to beat us...I too am surprised they don't perform better against other teams...but then again we lost to SUFC :rolleyes:

I'm not complaining about this, but I think the Ref did mishandle the double red event and it could have made a difference in the match. The first two "smacks to the face " by the keeper on our player were inside the 18 while he was holding the ball with his other hand. Another of our players then jumped at him and took a shot at him somehow. So the ref correctly showed a red to each of them and thus we were still down a man from an earlier double yellow.

My question is this: Since the goalie's foul was first and happened inside the 18, shouldn't there have been a penalty shot to restart the game? I forget exactly how it was restarted but it most certainly was not a free kick for us.

The game was 1-1 at the time, so a converted penalty would have put us ahead 2-1 and no need for O.T.

Ahhhh, what could have been.... :(

Once again, I didn't bring this up to bitch about the ref, I just think it's an interesting point that no one noticed at the time...someone has to teach you refs the proper way to apply the rules ;)

What's your take on this point Whistleblower?...you were there.

Also the tough guy act by the keeper as he walked past our sideline was a bit much :eek: He started throwing the punches and he yaps about somehow he was going to get the 155 lbs. Cuddler later...I wonder if he's on a stake out outside his house right now :rolleyes:

Other than that, GN played a fine game and I wish them well. :)

younguy

Nov 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC P 5 - 2 PA Cat

really means nothing except were onto the next round.

Must say, DUDE had an amazing game with his spectacular 2 goals. (is that building you up enough buddy?...in case not...) For DUDES first goal, he strategically placed the ball into the corner of the net just out of the sprawling arms of the keeper. For his second, he used his huge 3 foot vertically :eek: to jump over the defender and pop in a header. it was then after the second goal that the clouds parted, there was a harmonius song playing, the flood lights all focused in on DUDE, fear ran through PA's heads, they covered their eyes, covered their ears, piss ran down their legs and in unanimous fashion, all bowed down to DUDE.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kokanee said:
I wasnt going to comment about this incident but star clearly went up for the ball and your player put his knee up on him. Not a smart move considering star already had the ball. A little lip action, your player took a swing and star retaliated (sp) .

I missed this post ...I don't think our player took a swing at your goalie...they may have bumped each other a bit but our player was not given a card or any discipline for his involvement...just a few smacks to the head.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: PAU CAT - LUFC Premier

Took in the LUFC Premier vs. PAU Cat game this afternoon at MAP.. Final Score was LUFC 5 - PAU CAT 2.

Newcomb Scored a pair, Wilson got a tally off an amazing crack that hit the bar and went in from 25-30 yards, and most notibly Dude scored two very nice goals (Which I am sure he will just love telling us all about). Nice to See Dude get some minutes today after all his hard work.

PAU came out quickly and missed two scoring chances early in the game that possibly could have made it a little tougher on Langley.. PAU's two goals came late in the match when Langley was up 5-Nil I Believe, I am sure Langley will address their attentional to detail as they get back in the swing of things.

Credit to PAU Cat boys for not giving up, and finishing a couple late in the game.

Dino had 4 breakaways by my count. 2 Shot wide, One Deked wide, and one the keeper nabbed.

PS: The lack of physical play in this game was disapointing, though PAU must give up 20lbs/man on average so I shouldn't have expected much.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves said:
I missed this post ...I don't think our player took a swing at your goalie...they may have bumped each other a bit but our player was not given a card or any discipline for his involvement...just a few smacks to the head.

i didnt take a swing, just pushed the guy away after he had bumped into me and then elbowed me in the back of the head, i went up with my knee up which is allowed and i dont know why he got pissed, it was legal, but all the shite that happened could have been avoided, but then the cuddler guy came in and clocked me on the side of the face but oh well, we got the win and now face Poco Hotspurs in two weeks time.

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves said:
My question is this: Since the goalie's foul was first and happened inside the 18, shouldn't there have been a penalty shot to restart the game? I forget exactly how it was restarted but it most certainly was not a free kick for us.

Having been on the sidelines for this game, me and a buddy pointed that exact thing out. The initial foul the ref called was for the swing the keeper took at the PAU player. Now if he wanted to just make it a neutral call cause of the retaliation and do a drop ball, that's cool, but he gave the free kick to GN when the initial foul was on their keeper :confused:. I agree, with Aves, if he was going to make a call in favour of either team, it should have been a PK.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Young Guy: that'll do. :D

Not to mention Nukes, the greedy bastard, could have fed me a sitter for the hatty, but chose to shank his shot instead...and the fact that LFC2 yanked my ass after getting a yellow.

Have to say though that Graham Roxburough was dominant up front. Two nice helpers on Nukes' goals. Gray even passed off to Dino on what would have been a sure goal for him, late in the second. He was probably our MOTM.

On to round 2.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team Canada said:
Having been on the sidelines for this game, me and a buddy pointed that exact thing out. The initial foul the ref called was for the swing the keeper took at the PAU player. Now if he wanted to just make it a neutral call cause of the retaliation and do a drop ball, that's cool, but he gave the free kick to GN when the initial foul was on their keeper :confused:. I agree, with Aves, if he was going to make a call in favour of either team, it should have been a PK.

Actually the ref called a foul on the PAU player, thats why there was no PK called.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team Canada said:

My understanding of the play was when star came out of his net he had his knee up to protect himself and then caught the ball. Pau's player put his leg out after star caught the ball, ref said play on because we had advantage. Then the confrontation occured. Not sure, but I would figure since the first foul was on Pau player thats why we got the free kick and not Pau. It did seem like star did start it all, but thats because he is BIG, hard to notice others when he is aROUND. :D

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kokanee said:
My understanding of the play was when star came out of his net he had his knee up to protect himself and then caught the ball. Pau's player put his leg out after star caught the ball, ref said play on because we had advantage. Then the confrontation occured. Not sure, but I would figure since the first foul was on Pau player thats why we got the free kick and not Pau. It did seem like star did start it all, but thats because he is BIG, hard to notice others when he is aROUND. :D

Welcome back Kokanee, but it was not me that started this whole thing, infact thats what the ref told me after the game, he said that he had to send me off because of the whole pushing thing.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Amazing turn of events for PAU, I must say. Can you guys (PAU) still make the BC's?

Yoda, I thought it was funny. ;)

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves i got a call into the ref to find out what he called, I think star 1 was fouled while going up for the ball and thats why he reacted the way he did. Again this is what i guess what happened as i was the far side of the field.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta Premier 2 Delta Highlanders 1

Great battle yesterday between our Div 1 and Premier team. Lots of good match ups all over the field. Premier team not playing one of their better games playing against a Highlanders team that were up for the task as we continued to look nervous and were unable to adjust. Opportunities were about even with both keepers having great games. Nice to see the rest of the club out to support the two teams with allegiancies swinging back and forth as the game progressed.
With score 1 -1 at the break the Premier team settled much better in the second half and scored off an error at the back. Highlanders came back looking for the tieing goal but were unsuccessful. With about twenty minutes left and a very thin bench, the Highlanders had run out of legs and the Premier team basically run out the clock.

Not the prettiest of wins as we try to defend our Cup title, but they very rarely are when you play one of your own teams. We'll take the win and move on to the next round.

One huge complaint that I had was the officiating sent by the league for this game. This is not a slight on Kev who did a good job in the middle. This is about not sending linesmen, or assistant referee's, whatever you want to call them for a Cup tie involving a Premier team. fukcing shocking. Very bad call on the part of the FVSL. You can not have three officials for all your league games, where you get used to playing a certain way and looking for certain calls, then come Cup time your down to one official. - JUNK !

Did the FVSL send three officals to the GN v. PAU cup tie. Why?.. because it was an all Premier match up. :rolleyes:

Just my thoughts

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0